Trip Report Tough Trip for Grandpa

We were at Disney from June 10th to June 21st. We stayed at CSR. Remodeled room and after some hard work from Brad and his supervisor they moved us around to honored our room request for the three families.
Everyone had a great time-12 people and 3 families. Unfortunately I got a sinus related lung infection and spent 90% of the time sick in the room. I was able to struggle out to the parks-it was a struggle-for a few hours on only 3 days. I was on antibiotics but they just didn't do the job.
We have a Disney rule-all negativity ceases when we start the trip until the end. It was difficult for me to be positive but I never showed my disappointment to my kids or grand kids. After counting days for two years for this trip it was difficult to say the least.
It was still a great trip for everyone else and one we probably will never forget.
I have already started planning and thinking about our next trip in two years. It can only be better. Hope this didn't bore you.

fractal

We were at Disney from June 10th to June 21st. We stayed at CSR. Remodeled room and after some hard work from Brad and his supervisor they moved us around to honored our room request for the three families.
Everyone had a great time-12 people and 3 families. Unfortunately I got a sinus related lung infection and spent 90% of the time sick in the room. I was able to struggle out to the parks-it was a struggle-for a few hours on only 3 days. I was on antibiotics but they just didn't do the job.
We have a Disney rule-all negativity ceases when we start the trip until the end. It was difficult for me to be positive but I never showed my disappointment to my kids or grand kids. After counting days for two years for this trip it was difficult to say the least.
It was still a great trip for everyone else and one we probably will never forget.
I have already started planning and thinking about our next trip in two years. It can only be better. Hope this didn't bore you.

You are a great Grandfather for "sucking it up" and doing what you did to not bring down the rest of your family's trip. I'm sure your example was noticed and appreciated.

I hope you next trip goes better for you!

Rumrunner

Original Poster
You are a great Grandfather for "sucking it up" and doing what you did to not bring down the rest of your family's trip. I'm sure your example was noticed and appreciated.

I hope you next trip goes better for you!
Thanks it was difficult-lot of lonesome sad time in the room.

RememberWhen

I’m so sorry your trip was spent in the room. You’ll have to plan a really fun adventure for your next trip. Take care of yourself and enjoy the planning!

eliza61nyc

not at all Jim,
it absolutely sucks when you plan something for so long and then you get sick. My first trip to Paris, I had planned for 2 years also only to break my leg about 3 weeks prior. I couldn't cancel because I was going with my family. trying to maneuver in a walking city on crutches left me in tears nightly.

Hope you are feeling better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom