TOT 5 Coming soon

djronnieb

Original Poster
I've heard that TOT version 5 is coming to MGM soon. That's all I know. But I have a question to go along with that statement. What would TOT 5 be???

As a side note I missed celebrating my 200th post!! So here's to 202!

CaptainMichael

I'm not quite sure what more they could do with ToT besides increasing the drops.

If the WDC thinks that this is the answer to helping Disney-MGM Studios, then they need to rethink their strategy. The Monsters Inc. dark ride would be a start.

EpcotServo

Hmmm......this sounds more like a rumor than news. I guess they could add a few more drop programs to the ride system. But that'd go against the idea that Tower 4 is "random".

jedimaster1227

I did TOT for my first time only last month. Man was it awesome. I really hope that they don't change it. I was so scared that my photo looked like I was ready to die. It was so priceless, that I paid $20 to keep it. :lol:

DisneySam

Jedi I agree the first time I rode TOT my picture was hillarious. There were 2 maybe about 8 years old girls sitting next to me with their hands up having a blast and me screaming and holding on for dear life...LOL.

tink81

TheOneVader said:
I'd like to see some effects added, especially the mirror at Disneyland which I hear is really cool.

What mirror do you speak of? I was just there in Oct and I only got to ride it once, but I don't remember a mirror...

Shaman

nicholas said:
no restraints :lookaroun

*imagines what the ride photo would look like then*

:lol:

I don't know...maybe they'll take certain little additions they've made to the other ToTs around the world and add them to WDW's.

*shrug*

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd love some more random drops. ;) I can't get enough of that ride.

I like the visuals that it has now... I guess something about tinkering with the visuals doesn't seem right to me. It's unique, let it remain that way. :)

imagineersrock

tink81 said:
What mirror do you speak of? I was just there in Oct and I only got to ride it once, but I don't remember a mirror...
If you rode it with your eyes open, you should remember the mirror. lol

...But if you don't it goes a little something like this: Doors open, you see yourself in a mirror which is in the middle of one of the hotel hallways, suddenly all the passengers in the mirror become eerie and ghost-like, elevator trembles, doors close, on to the next scene.

Hope that helps!

P.S.- I agree, cool effect

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Ok, maybe the mirror effect wouldn't be bad to put in. ;)

And I love any kind of restraint that allows me to float off the seat. How about seatbelts and no handles to hold onto? :D Whoohoo!!!

WeLComeHomE OKW

The mirror sounds cool...BUT what i hear is that Disney is trying to turn that part of MGM studios into AerosmithLand. And they are taking the stars of ToT out, and putting Aerosmith into the video and as the ghosts. Steve Tyler will now be the narrator. "You are about to journey into anotehr dimension. 5...4...3...2....Yeahh!!!!"

But i like the mirror idea, idk how much more you can do to it though...

Sledge

Account Suspended
I always thought it would be cool to see sparks when your falling. For some reason when I think of a falling elevator I invision sparks flying as it falls down.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sledge said:
I always thought it would be cool to see sparks when your falling. For some reason when I think of a falling elevator I invision sparks flying as it falls down.

Sparks only happen when the automatic brakes kick in. There are no brakes on ToT! :eek:

:drevil:

Sledge

Account Suspended
MontyMon said:
Sparks only happen when the automatic brakes kick in. There are no brakes on ToT! :eek:

:drevil:

Yeah, good point. What if there were sparks at the top of the elevator like the "rope" snaped when the lightning struck? Eh, eh? That'd be cool. :lol: You can see through the top of the elevator, right? I can't remember, but I know you can see through the side walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom