Torn on breakfast reservations

TXDisney

Original Poster
So I have a Kona breakfast reservation at 10:45 on our MK day. Our plan was to get to the park early ride a few rides then head over to Poly for breakfast and then go around the resort along with GF and Contrmporary for a few hours before heading back into MK. We have tickets to MVMCP that night so we figured we could hit up some rides with that extra time in the park. We have FP for Splash, Pan and Mine train. So we aren’t too worried about getting on all the rides we want. I check like I do over few days for dining, and BOG QS breakfast popped up for that same day but at 9am. We’ve never been to BOG so I booked it, but obviously don’t want to keep both reservations. My question is which one should I choose? Kona gets us in the resort area, which we for sure want to do and allows us to ride a couple rides in the morning before breakfast. But on the other hand, we’ve always wanted to go to BOG. We’d still go to the resorts mid day, but would miss out on shorter wait times in the morning. I believe MK opens at 8am that day.

krause

BoG breakfast is very mediocre food - really the only reason to go is to see the inside of the restaurant whereas Kona breakfast is delicious :hungry: and also a beautiful location. I have done the same plan and done a couple rides first thing and then go for breakfast and it works great.

Disneyfreak Jen

I would stick with Kona. BOG is really mediocre, food wise, as the above poster stated. When it first opened back in 2013 (?) It was better food wise than the last few years....it's declined.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I agree with the others. BOG is not that great for breakfast and Kona is much better. Maybe you could score a qs meal at BOG for lunch or dinner on another day and see it then.

Epcotfan21

Not only is BOG breakfast bad, it’s a terrible bang for your buck based on what your options are. Stick with Kona for sure.

danyoung56

Another no vote on the BOG breakfast. It's of value when going before park open, as you can get a few rides in on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train back to back before the crowds arrive. But other than that, it's pretty lousy breakfast food for a stupidly high price.

JTT

Kona Café is the best breakfast on property. IMHO.
Tonga Toast, Liliko'i Juice and Kona Coffee. :inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
BoG breakfast is very mediocre food - really the only reason to go is to see the inside of the restaurant whereas Kona breakfast is delicious :hungry: and also a beautiful location. I have done the same plan and done a couple rides first thing and then go for breakfast and it works great.

I would stick with Kona. BOG is really mediocre, food wise, as the above poster stated. When it first opened back in 2013 (?) It was better food wise than the last few years....it's declined.

I agree with the others. BOG is not that great for breakfast and Kona is much better. Maybe you could score a qs meal at BOG for lunch or dinner on another day and see it then.

Not only is BOG breakfast bad, it’s a terrible bang for your buck based on what your options are. Stick with Kona for sure.

Another no vote on the BOG breakfast. It's of value when going before park open, as you can get a few rides in on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train back to back before the crowds arrive. But other than that, it's pretty lousy breakfast food for a stupidly high price.

Kona Café is the best breakfast on property. IMHO.
Tonga Toast, Liliko'i Juice and Kona Coffee. :inlove:

Personal opinions on BOG aside...Kona Cafe is hard to beat. I dream about the macadamia nut pancakes and french press coffee.
^^^^^YUP! Now if an 11am lunch opens for BOG that's something you may want to think about seeing you've never been to BOG and lunch is their best meal and still considered qs

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I opted not to do any breakfasts because the only times were 9:00am and later. I'm all for getting all of the Disney experience, but I'd rather not take such a large chunk of time out of my planned park time - that's just me :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom