Toppings bars removed from Electric Umbrella

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Just wanted to note...

The toppings bars (lettuce, tomato, and other veggies) have been removed from Electric Umbrella. The burgers now come predressed with shredded lettuce and a slice of tomato. The condiments (mayo, mustard, etc) still exist in newly fabricated counters.

My cynical side is saying it's just one more way to cut overall costs and reduce the overall guest experience.

My happy, Disney side is saying that Disney did it's research and found that self serve drinks where guests could get a few free refills was higher on the desired list than self serve condiments. Probably for Disney it was a win-win--cut produce costs and add what guests really want for mere pennies.

aklodge

I, for one, would *certainly* love to have an extra couple of drink refills rather than the not-user-friendly condiment and unsanitary produce stations.

I probably still won't eat there, but it'll be a darn good place to stop for a drink. Is it the only place in the park (besides TS restaurants, of course) that offer free drink refills?

CJR

Darn! That means I'll have to start making special orders. I only like pickles on my hamburger. Hopefully, they don't mess up or the waste could reach an all time high. :D

Ella's Mommy

I am soooo with you on the pickle thing!!!!! It would make sense to have self serve soda machines. Then maybe I could get a soda with out half of it running down the sides!!!:lol:

scpergj

Maybe they don't want people making salads at the topping bars anymore...?

Hehe...if that's the case, maybe they'll stop handing out free cups of ice water next...to stem the making of lemonade!

Seriously...we were there in mid February, and at the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney, there was a lady that was sqeezing lemons [edit] I forgot to mention the lemons were the wedges meant to be put into a cup of tea [/edit] into an empty cup, adding sugar, then the ice water...and showing people that were trying to get straws and napkins from around her!!!:eek:

There are times....and just some things I don't understand...:brick:

Kevin

Your mileage may vary...

naumoney

You mean these old things?
DSCF0580.jpg

polarboi

Seriously...we were there in mid February, and at the Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney, there was a lady that was sqeezing lemons [edit] I forgot to mention the lemons were the wedges meant to be put into a cup of tea [/edit] into an empty cup, adding sugar, then the ice water...and showing people that were trying to get straws and napkins from around her!!!:eek:

That doesn't surprise me at all. I used to wait tables at a (non-Disney) casual dining restaurant, and we had guests do that all the time. Rather than order the lemonade on the menu, they'd order a free water and then ask for more and more lemon wedges until they had enough to make their own lemonade.

Does it surprise anyone that the money they saved never seemed to find its way into their tip? :rolleyes:

-p.b. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom