Top of the World Lounge during Christmas week

rufio

Original Poster
I'm wondering if there are restrictions for the lounge during Christmas week. I just found out my husband will be home for our anniversary this year (December 21)!! It's our 3rd anniversary and he's never been home to celebrate with me because he works on ships and is usually away over the holidays. We've already waitlisted BLT for a couple nights (we stayed there on our honeymoon), but I don't have my fingers crossed. Anyway, we'll be living near Disney World by then and were thinking we might at least get to go hang out in the lounge and watch the fireworks that night, but I'm concerned there might be restrictions. Does anyone know? Will we be allowed access if we aren't staying there? I was able to get in a couple weeks ago, but I don't know if Christmas week is different. Thanks in advance!

JaxFLBear

From the member website (My DVC Membership > Perks > WDW > "Mouse"ellaneous):
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2016 (blockout dates apply, including but not limited to December 30, 2015, December 31, 2015, July 3, 2016, July 4, 2016, December 30, 2016, December 31, 2016). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or Key to the World card with a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's MagicBand or Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is also required to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom