Top 5 Restaurants You'd NEVER do again....

Mollie_Minnie

During my last trip I visited for the second time Les Chef de France (it was my sister's first time). Our waitress didn't seem happy to be there at all, and since my first language is french I heard her have a rude conversation with another waiter, it wasn't respectfull at all for the disney customers. Food was really less than average. I'm always trying to find good things in everything so the only good part of the evening was that we started talking to a nice family seated next to us and teached them some french words.

Fletch

I never say never because sometimes situations push you in a direction. Like having the DDP with no reservations upon landing. :oops: Yup, it happened.

In no particular order:

1) Biergarten: love german beer and have been known to frequent the local Oktoberfests, but I just do not care for german food.

2) Sci-Fi: overpriced Denny's food.

3) Tony's: we know the drill.

4) San Angel Inn: Tremendous atmosphere but...I will stick to Margaritas and chips there.

And for the 1 more time category:

Rose & Crown: Yeah I know. Ate there for the first time last summer and the food was not too good and the waiter was a dunce. Felt like we were sitting there forever. Maybe if we were sitting outside it would have been more enjoyable. Loved the Imperial sampler though !!!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I was just teasing. The "s" on the end of everything drives me batty too, particularly Boma's. lol

My friend and I have a running joke where we do NOT use the S in places that end in S here. We say stuff like...

"Yeah I am gonna go get some grocieries from Giant EagleS and Wal MartS then stop at Wendy and get some Frosties."

The MadHatter

1. cape may seafood suckfest
2. tonys generic "back of the pizzeria italian food" town square
3. big river grill
4. columbia harbor house ...feels and smells like staleness in there
5. electric umbrella

plaz10

Chefs de France is really the only place we won't be booking again. Other places have been sub par but we would probably give them a second chance at some point in life. But Chefs de France was just plain yucky. Yucky service, yucky food, yucky atmosphere. Nothing good. Wouldn't waste an ADR on it again

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
1. Hollywood & Vile - as I have noted on several other posts, hands down the worst dining experience that we have ever had @ the World. I still feel like we should have gotten our DDP credits back for that meal. Horrible food and horrible service.
2. Tusker House - good food but they ruined lunch by making it a character meal.
3. Tony's - only good thing of note is their desserts. Now that BoG exists, I can't think of any reason to eat @ Tony's any more.
4. Hollywood & Vile - did I mention that this place is horrid?
5. Hollywood & Vile - can't think of any other places that we'll be avoiding so I'll put this place down once more.

armyfamilyof5

1. Crystal Palace, worst experience ever! 45 minutes late to be seated for our 10:30 breakfast ADR, then they were serving lunch by the time we got seated (Pooh came to see us right away) so we were directed over to a little area with the leftover breakfast items that had been sitting there way too long. NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.
2. Coral Reef, poor service, the waiter never did bring our children their sundae desserts and my steak could not be chewed.
3. Chef Mickey's, the food was just...well....YUCK
4. Pecos Bills, I don't like it but my husband sure does!
5. Hollywood & Vile, never tried it but we will never go, we've been warned off by safaribob!

71jason

It's rare I'll never give a place a second (third...) chance; but these five are pretty much off the list:

1) ABC Commissary. Given this one multiple chances--usually because it's the only place open--subpar food, slow service. Nearby Backlot Express is just 10x better.

2) Pizza Planet. 99-cent frozen pizza with an anemic salad and drink = $11. And then you have to carry your tray upstairs to find seating. It's sad because my "surrogate grandmother" works here--I stop by to visit, she's like, "Jason, you want some pizza???" And I'm like, "Uh ... no. But thank you!"

3) Big River Brewery. Been a few times (usually to get free valet for Jelly Rolls or ADH). House beers aren't anything to write home about, food is average bar fare at best, atmosphere is nonexistent, and service isn't just bad, it borders on surly. Again, that's over multiple visits. I've never seen another place at WDW where the staff just seems to hate their customers.

4) Cheese Pavillion during Food & Wine. Their fondue was one of the nastiest things I've ever put in my mouth, had to run to South Africa and buy the first thing on the menu just to get rid of the taste.

5) Teppan Edo. Not bad. Just incredibly mediocre. And overpriced when you consider none of the industry standard extras are included (soup, salad, the two shrimp). Not worth it with Beni Hana, Kobe and (the best) Amura just a short drive away.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
3) Big River Brewery. Been a few times (usually to get free valet for Jelly Rolls or ADH). House beers aren't anything to write home about, food is average bar fare at best, atmosphere is nonexistent, and service isn't just bad, it borders on surly. Again, that's over multiple visits. I've never seen another place at WDW where the staff just seems to hate their customers.

That's a very good way to put it- they do act like they hate their customers! Our server ignored us for at least 20 mins before even greeting us and taking our drink orders. When she brought the drinks she slammed them down on the table. She barely spoke two words to us the entire time. We couldn't figure out what we did to make her so angry at us- we were nice and didn't even complain to her or anyone else about having to wait for service. It was the only time we didn't tip a server.

lunchbox1175

That's a very good way to put it- they do act like they hate their customers! Our server ignored us for at least 20 mins before even greeting us and taking our drink orders. When she brought the drinks she slammed them down on the table. She barely spoke two words to us the entire time. We couldn't figure out what we did to make her so angry at us- we were nice and didn't even complain to her or anyone else about having to wait for service. It was the only time we didn't tip a server.

I second that notion right there, having been a restaurant manager for over 15 years, i just can't understand what they are thinking with how this place is run. They are NEVER staffed properly, we went in last week because we were hungry, had a limited amount of time before we had to get on the ME back to the airport, and had already been to ESPN and DW really doesn't like anything there. We sat at the bar hoping things would be better because they told us it was a 15 minute wait, and they had 12 open talbes at the time. The bartender had a full bar top, a full cocktail area, and oh, yeah, there was only one freaking bartender. If you want to promote and sell your "handcrafted beer" then you better be able to get one to a table in less than 7 minutes, i was bored so i was keeping track of how long it took her to make a drink after a ticket printed up. Not to mention that I couldn't get a refill if I waved a $20 in the air, i almost went back behind the bar and got my own. The food is average and way overpriced, i would rather see a fast food restaurant in there than that place.

lunchbox1175

Ok, so now that i vented.

1. Big River - see previous note.
2. Hollywood and Vile - if you've been there, it probably doesn't need explanation.
3. Beaches and Cream - this may shock some people, but its hard to get into, cramped seating, service is good, but the food isn't, and I just don't think i want to wait that long for ice cream.
4. Le Cellier - mediocre food and over priced. (although overpriced could be used for every restaurant on property).
5. Tony's - its just plain jane food, no frills, and if i want italian i will go to Via Napoli.

This got me to thinking, there really isn't a truly signature dining event at the MK and it really needs one. The Royal Table and Beasts Castle are average when it comes to the food, the only thing that makes them signature is the atmosphere. Crystal Palace is a buffet, the MK really need something that will keep me in the park, we always try to have an ADR for one of the monorail resorts on the days that we go to the MK, but it would be nice to not have to leave the park just to eat a better quality meal.

shannon12

I just have 2 that it would be a while before I tried again.

1. Yak & Yeti. The food was just ok, but the service was HORRENDOUS. From the hostess to the waiter, they were all nasty. The waiter was so nasty and rude that for the first time in my entire life I contemplated not leaving a tip.

2. Raglan Road. I know people seem to like it, but I was not really pleased with the food. That may be a case of having places very much like it all over NYC who do the food better.

I think thats about it, I may try again in the future.

1. Spirit of Aloha-average food, cheesy sitcom-like show; I might just rather watch paint dry(excluding the five minutess of fire juggling)

2. Yachtsman Steakhouse- food was great, however it was the longest dinner I've EVER experienced; I can appreciate a relaxed, slow dinner. However, when a 2-entree meal(entree and dessert) takes about 4 hours you are beyond ready to leave. Believe me.

3. Flame Tree Barbeque- wonderful food; This is a personal dislike because I am terrified of birds(I know, they are ALL OVER Disney). There is no seating around this restaurant where there aren't a billion birds walking around. Watching one peck at someone's foot put me over the edge, and my family was awfully embarrassed when I started screaming and ran out of the area to go to an indoor shop. Needless to say, we no longer eat there when I am present

I have enjoyed all other restaurants I have eaten at

smp2k6

I have to say the quality of food (and service) has been on the decline for some time now. You can thank the DDP for that. As more people got on the plan, the food choices were reduced and overall the quality is much worse. I remember when Tony's was a great place to eat. Not anymore. We really miss the time when the food was unique and tasty at each restaurant and you could actually walk up and get a table. Now you have to plan weeks/months in advance for a limited selection of mediocre food. Le Cellier is top on our list of "never again". Unfortunately, some of our favorites like Tony's are getting close to being on that list too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom