Top 10 Wishes & Ideas For Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary

jake0324demo

Original Poster
As we already know this year is Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary, and despite the covid pandemic, there is much I am certain is in store for this event, I made a list a while back before the pandemic occurred last year and was posted on another website, so I would have thought to share it here too, now since my original one, I have edited it a bit with the pandemic in mind, but I am hoping that many of these things will happen within the next 2 years as events like this usually last for a year and a half. Disney has revealed pretty scarce information about the grand event, but we do have a logo at least as well as knowing that all four parks at WDW will be part of the celebration So I have compiled this top 10 list of things I wish for to happen during Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary. I originally updloaded this list back earlier in February of last year once again on another website so do keep in mind some things may or have been delayed or pushed back thanks to the Covid-19 Pandemic closing the parks for around 4 months since Mid-March, but hopefully things will get better now that we have entered 2021 along with the theme parks of WDW having been reopened since July 2020, but not the 2 water parks yet until Blizzard Beach reopens in March 2021, now I am fully aware along with many others that some projects like Merry Poppins and the Spaceship Earth refurbishment and Epcot have been delayed indefinitely, and that Splash Mountain will get rethemed to The Princess & The Frog down the line, probably in a few years, but the retheme I think will still occur after the 50th anniversary celebrations have concluded, and that Epcot's festival center will get a new design too thanks again to plans being affected by the pandemic, but lets keep hoping things will be able go as planned and have a positive view on things, stay safe out there and if you go to Disney World, please follow all the guidelines and rules they are implementing to have a safe and enjoyable experience. Now while there are limited options like with some restaurants and shops still being closed as well as a large sum of cast members being laid off unfortunately, let's all pray and keep faith that them and all the entertainment members come back very soon. Keep positive and never give up hope and keep wishing upon a star that things will turn out better soon.

Now onto the list with

10.New Merchandise- I know this will surely happen just along with everyone else, but I start this list with wondering what special edition merchandise will be made for the event. We can definitely think of many possible amazing souvenirs to come out of merchandise, and surely too pin collectors will also have new pins to grab as well.

9.Possible Surprise Announcements- Disney may have more in store for everyone than we think right now, and I feel that when the 50th anniversary starts around summer or fall of this year, they may announce some brand new things coming down the line like a 5th theme park for example at Walt Disney World, but probably not right now considering how much the pandemic has affected the company. Now the newest announcements that occurred recently last year was the transformation of Splash Mountain into The Princess & The Frog, but it may happen after the 50th celebrations are over, as I brought up before. It's also worth noting that WDW officially has announced that the Magic Kingdom parking lot plaza and the entry archways to the resort are also getting a new recolor, though the parking lot plaza has been completed already and the archways are still getting recolored, let's hope more could be announced as we get closer.

8.New Resorts & Hotels- There is a possible good chance that many more hotels and resorts may open or be announced around this time, with Disney's Riveria Resort recently opening back in December 2019, and with Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser opening in 2021 or later depending on the pandemic timeframe and Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge opening later down the line if the project is not cancelled, there may be more hotels coming to the resort along the way, depending on the location, announcement times, and pandemic delays to see if another themed resort will be coming after the current 2 have finished construction and open.

7.New Food & Restaurants- This is another announcement that we are definitely gonna see, later down the line at Epcot, the new Space 220 along with La Creperie de Paris will open this year, and there is also the current demolition of the former Electric Umbrella, which will have a brand new retheming once the building housing the former restaurant reopens. Hollywood Studios will also get the Toy Story Land based Roundup Rodeo BBQ, which should also open soon hopefully as well. Hopefully new restaurants would be announced like one themed to The Haunted Mansion. As for the food part, as Disney can make the craziest concoctions when it comes to certain dishes and specialty foods, I along with everyone else think that there will definitely be special themed food related to the 50th anniversary, and I hope to see Disney World go all out with their food.

6.New Theme Song- This one I really feel might actually happen, similar to Brian McKnight's Remember The Magic which was used for WDW's 25th Anniversary, and LeAnn Rime's Remember When which was used for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary, the 50th anniversary song for Disney World which could happen can evoke a similar feel but with a fresh new twist, and we can hope that it would be good and memorable like the previous anniversary songs.

5.New Decorated Cinderella's Castle- Now hear me out on this one, I know many people abosolutely hated the cake castle used for the 25th anniversary, but for the 50th, I feel like Cinderella's Castle needs a bit of decoration. What I could see Disney doing if they are gonna decorate the castle for the 50th is do something similar to what was done during the Happiest Celebration on Earth, which was done to coincide with Disneyland's 50th anniversary known as the Happiest Homecoming on Earth. The Happiest Celebration on Earth decorated castle in my opinion along with others I am sure of was the best one they did so far aside from Christmas time currently with the LED lights (even though the lights were skipped for 2020 for pandemic reasons). This design featured more gold accents added along with golden Disney characters adorning the castle and also showing a magical mirror of all of the other Disney Park castles around the world up until Hong Kong Disneyland's first version. Something like this in my opinion would make for a better decked out castle but still somehow find a way to put LED lights on it for Christmas as well. Now with Cinderella's Castle being repainted to a new color scheme that actually is permanent to celebrate the film Cinderella's 70th anniversary that occurred last year in 2020, let's hope we get additional adornments to the castle next year to celebrate the 50th birthday of Walt Disney World.

4.New Nighttime Spectaculars- We already know that HarmonioUS at Epcot is coming sometime this year depending on delays from the pandemic, and that alone is gonna be big, but for Magic Kingdom currently, we have the great show Happily Ever After, which is not currently running right now for safety reasons and social distancing measures. However, Magic Kingdom has not had a nighttime parade since the Main Street Electrical Parade back in 2016, where it left to go back to Disneyland for some years. Aside from the Halloween and Christmas parties, which unfortunately and sadly both parties got cancelled for 2020 for virus related reasons, there has not been a general nighttime parade since. But a new nighttime parade and new fireworks show at Magic Kingdom would really benefit from this, as I feel like Magic Kingdom needs a bit more nighttime entertainment considering it is the most visited theme park in the world. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens soon.

3.Enhancements to Existing Walt Disney World Attractions- Some Attractions at Disney World, especially at the Magic Kingdom, could get some major upgrades and new additions added to them. While some were already announced such as Spaceship Earth getting an overhaul sometime soon, even though that project was delayed indefinitely, but at least will happen sometime later. Some of these updates I would like to see include Pirates of the Caribbean getting a bit more stuff based off the longer Disneyland version, even though Magic Kingdom's version was somewhat of an afterthought when it was created, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad getting the explosive finale during the third and final lift hill similar to Disneyland's and Disneyland Paris, Haunted Mansion getting the Hatbox Ghost Animatronic like Disneyland too, considering how beloved Hattie is compared to the rest of the 998 haunts, it's a small world getting Disney characters added to the attractions, similar again to Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland's versions, Mickey's Philliarmagic going HD, it really needs an update, electric cars for Tomorrowland Speedway, updates to the Carousel of Progress, especially the finale, a reworked version of Journey Into Imagination with Figment, and finally fixing the Yeti in Expedition Everest, though that would be the toughest thing to fix for sure, but let's hope Joe Rhode the best that he could fix it, even though he just recently retired from imagineering, I also hope there will be, an extension for the awesome Skyliner. Disney also did recently announce a Splash Mountain retheme into Princess & The Frog down the line, but again, it may be a few years before it happens, with the Disneyland version of Splash Mountain i think getting it first, but that is just my guess.

2.New Attractions & Shows- This one is a no brainer as well, with Rise of the Resistance opening back in December 2019, along with new movies at Epcot, there are many attractions that we know about are possibly opening before or during the 50th anniversary officially starts, again depending if they got pushed back or not thanks to Covid. Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway which opened March 4th, 2020, was also one that recently opened before the park closures. Some other new attractions that we know are coming include Ratatouille which is opening soon along with the upcoming Play pavilion and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (both Epcot) and Tron Lightcycle Run (Magic Kingdom) and Journey of Water based on Moana (Epcot) along with a Mary Poppins Attraction coming down the line despite being indefinitely delayed for the time being, along with The Princess & The Frog retheme for Splash Mountain, which again as I mentioned, may not happen for a few years. But for me, I hope we get more new rides and shows and attractions announced such as a new World Showcase Pavilion at Epcot and a new attraction to replace Stitch's Great Escape at Magic Kingdom, which Disney finally announced to be permanently closed during this summer. As for shows and entertainment, really sorry to disappoint fans of these shows, but I am personally hoping that the Frozen Sing Along, the Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage show, and Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Hollywood Studios would close and be replaced with new shows. Since the Magic Kingdom theater project was cancelled, I am hoping we get some new shows to replace some at Hollywood Studios, like in example, a show based on the Disney Afternoon, or maybe an IP that does not get enough recognition, but regardless, I do hope we get new shows to replace these current ones here. I also am aware that the Frozen Sing Along at Hollywood Studios is the only stage show operating at WDW with live actors, as the others are currently closed right now and sadly many of the entertainment cast members have been laid off for the time being, but here is hoping that they will return very soon, which already seems to be happening as Festival of the Lion King will reopen in the summertime.

And the thing I want the most to happen for Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary is...

1.Bringing Back Every Disney Park Meet and Greet Character in the History of The Disney Parks Along with Brand New Characters Joining For the First Time Ever- Out of all of the things I want to see for Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary, this is by far the one thing I want to actually happen the most. Meeting characters in the Disney Parks is one of in my opinion the best things to do, however, considering how many characters Disney has had in the parks, many of them have become unfortunately rare or even retired. Rare characters today in Walt Disney World from what I have seen usually only make appearances during special events such as the Halloween and Christmas parties, and the Disney Vacation Club's Moonlight Magic events. It is easy to find characters such as Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh and the princesses, but to find characters like Quasimodo, Hercules, Lewis Robinson, Bolt, and many others like the villains has become increasingly difficult, the list just goes on. Paris and Tokyo are known to bring out rarer characters more often than the American Parks, not sure about the Chinese ones though, and they come out on a regular basis in Paris and Tokyo, where as Anahiem and Orlando, it is usually during special times from what I have seen. Believe it or not, many Disney fans and new visitors every year are still looking for rare characters everyday. Similar to what Disneyland Paris did for the 25th Anniversary in 2017, and also the Fandaze event in 2018, I think everyone would love to see Walt Disney World do something similar like this, but instead of bringing back a great amount of rare characters, how about bringing literally every single character in history back. People would go crazy and happy if many villains, Disney Afternoon characters, and the ever so beloved Dreamfinder and Figment, and many many more would come back during this time. In addition to every character coming back, I would love to see brand new characters join in on the celebration as well, characters like Pete, Simba, Bambi, and many more new characters join in too. I feel like bringing every single character back to Walt Disney World would be one of the best things that has ever happend at the resort, and the 50th anniversary is the perfect time to do this. I have also included a list of all characters from Disney Parks present, past, and future ideas of who to come as well.

Disney Park Characters Present, Past, and Future Ideal Characters for the 50th Anniversary:

Mickey & Friends/Ducktales/Goof Troop:

Returning: Mickey Mouse (all variants), Minnie Mouse (all variants), Donald Duck (all variants), Daisy Duck (all variants), Goofy (all variants), Chip (all variants), Dale (all variants), Pluto, Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Clarice, Max Goof (all variants), Huey, Dewey, Louie, Scrooge Mcduck, Ludwig Von Drake, Oswald, Duffy, ShellieMay, Gelatoni, CookieAnn, StellaLou, Olu Mel, Jose Carioca, Panchito Pistoles, Launchpad Mcquack, Beagle Boys, Ortensia, Gauchito, Burrito, Ya-ya, Grandma Duck, Clara Cluck, Webby, J. Audubon Woodlore, Gyro Gearloose, Gladstone Gander

New: Pete, Roxanne, PJ, Peg, Pistol, Mortimer Mouse, Humphrey the Bear

Pooh & Friends:

Returning: Winnie the Pooh (all variants), Tigger (all variants), Eeyore (all variants), Piglet (all variants), Rabbit, Kanga & Roo, Darby, Christopher Robin, Owl

New: Gopher, Lumpy, Kessie

The Three Little Pigs:

Returning: Fifer Pig, Fiddler Pig, Practical Pig, Big Bad Wolf

Snow White & the Seven Dwarves:

Returning: Snow White, Evil Queen, Witch, The Prince, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy Sneezy, Bashful, Dopey

Pinocchio:

Returning: Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, Blue Fairy, J. Worthington Foulfellow (Honest John), Gideon, Lampwick, Stromboli, Coachman

Fantasia:

Returning: Madame Upnova, Hycinath Hippo, Elephanchine, Brooms, Ben Ali Gator

Dumbo:

Returning: Dumbo, Ringmaster

New: Timothy Mouse, Mr. J."Dandy" Crow

Bambi:

Returning: Thumper, Miss Bunny, Flower

New: Bambi, Faline, Miss Skunk

Song of the South/Splash Mountain:

Returning: Br’er Rabbit, Br’er Fox, Br’er Bear

Fun and Fancy Free:

Returning: Bongo, Lulubelle

The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad:

Returning: Headless Horseman

New: Ichabod Crane, Brom Bones, Katrina Van Tassel, Mr. Toad, Angus Macbadger, Moley, Ratty

Cinderella:

Returning: Cinderella, Prince Charming, Jaq, Gus, Perla, Suzy, Anastasia, Drizella, Lady Tremaine, Fairy Godmother, Grand Duke, Footman, King

New: Lucifer

Alice In Wonderland:

Returning: Alice, Mad Hatter, March Hare, White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, King of Hearts, Queen of Hearts, Mr. Walrus

New: Carpenter

Peter Pan/Tinker Bell:

Returning: Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Wendy, John, Michael, Cubby, Raccoon Twins, Slightly, Nibbs, Tootles, Tinker Bell, Fawn, Irdessa, Periwinkle, Rosetta, Silvermist, Terence, Vidia, Tick-Tock the Crocodile

Lady and the Tramp:

Returning: Tony, Joe

New: Lady, Tramp, Si, Am

Sleeping Beauty:

Returning: Aurora, Phillip, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Maleficent, Goons

101 Dalmatains:

Returning: Cruella DeVille

New: Horace, Jasper, Pongo, Perdita

Babes in Toyland:

Returning: Toy Soldiers

The Sword in the Stone:

Returning: Merlin, Arthur

New: Madam Mim

Mary Poppins:

Returning: Mary Poppins, Bert, Penguin Waiters

The Jungle Book/Talespin:

Returning: Baloo (all variants), King Louie (all variants), Monkeys, Mowgli, Don Karnage, Kit Cloudkicker, Rebecca Cunningham, Colonel Hathi

New: Molly Cunningham, Shere Khan (with Jungle Book & Talespin designs), Shanti

The Aristocats:

Returning: Toulouse, Berlioz, Marie, Edgar Balthazar, Abigail, Amelia, Scat Cat, Peppo, Hit Cat

New: Duchess, Thomas O’Malley

Bedknobs and Broomsticks:

Returning: King Leonidas

Robin Hood:

Returning: Robin Hood, Little John, Frair Tuck, Maid Marian, Prince John, Sheriff of Nottingham, Toby, Guards

New: Lady Kluck, Skippy

The Rescuers & Rescuers Down Under:

Returning: Bernard, Bianca, Orville, Madame Medusa, Penny, Evinrude, Brutus, Nero

New: Jake

Pete’s Dragon:

New: Elliott

The Fox and the Hound:

New: Tod, Copper, Amos Slade

Tron:

New: Tron

The Black Cauldron:

Returning: Taran, Eilonwy

New: Horned King, Gurgie

The Great Mouse Detective:

Returning: Basil, Ratigan

New: Fidget, Dawson

Who Framed Roger Rabbit:

Returning: Roger Rabbit. Jessica Rabbit, Eddie Valiant

New: Judge Doom

Oliver & Company:

Returning: Oliver, Dodger, Jenny, Tito, Francis, Georgette

New: Fagin, Einstein, Rita

The Little Mermaid:

Returning: Ariel, Prince Eric, Max, Carmen, Fantail, Sebastian, Flounder, Chef Louis

New: Ursula, Scuttle, King Triton

The Rocketeer:

New: Cliff Secord

Beauty and the Beast:

Returning: Beast (both variants), Belle (all variants), Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Gaston

New: Lefou

Aladdin:

Returning: Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Abu, Jafar, Sultan

New: Iago

Hocus Pocus:

New: Winnie, Mary, Sarah, Billy

The Nightmare Before Christmas:

Returning: Jack Skellington, Sally, Oogie Boogie, Mayor of Halloween Town, Dr. Finklestein

New: Lock, Shock, Barrel

The Lion King:

Returning: Timon, Rafiki, Shenzi, Banzai, Ed

New: Pumbaa, Simba, Nala, Scar, Kion

Pocahontas:

Returning: Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko, Ratcliffe

New: Percy

Toy Story:

Returning: Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Bo Peep, Lotso, Bullseye, Green Army Man, Mr. Potato Head

New: Zurg

The Hunchback of Notre Dame:

Returning: Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Clopin, Frollo

New: Victor, Hugo, Laverne

Hercules:

Returning: Hercules, Meg, Phil, Hades, Pain, Panic

New: Zeus

Mulan:

Returning: Mulan (both variants), Li Shang, Mushu, Shan Yu

A Bugs Life:

Returning: Flik, Atta, Francis, Slim, Heimlich, Gypsy, Tuck, Roll, Manny

New: Hopper

Tarzan:

Returning: Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Kala, Kerchak

Dinosaur:

New: Aladar

The Emperor’s New Groove:

Returning: Kuzco (both variants), Kronk, Yzma

New: Pacha

Atlantis: The Lost Empire:

Returning: Milo, Kida, Molière, Vinny

Monsters Inc.:

Returning: Mike, Sulley, Boo, George, Smitty, Needleman, Art, Roz

New: Randall

Lilo & Stitch:

Returning: Lilo, Stitch, Angel, Pleakly, Jumba, Gantu, Hamsterviel, Evile, Felix, Sample, Sparky, Rueben, 627

The Country Bears/Country Bear Jamboree:

Returning: Big Al, Terrence “Shaker”, Liver Lips, Wendell

New: Henry

Treasure Planet:

Returning: B.E.N., Jim Hawkins

New: Delbert, Captain Amelia, John Silver

Finding Nemo:

New: Nemo, Marlin, Dory

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Returning: Jack Sparrow, Barbosa, Angelica, Redd

New: Will, Elizabeth

Brother Bear:

Returning: Kenai, Koda

The Haunted Mansion:

New: Gus, Ezra, Phineas, Constance, Hatbox Ghost, Caretaker

Journey Into Imagination:

Returning: Figment, Dreamfinder

Home on the Range:

Returning: Pearl Gesner

The Incredibles:

Returning: Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Frozone, Edna Mode

New: Violet, Dash, Jack -Jack

Chicken Little:

Returning: Chicken Little, Abby Mallard

The Chronicles of Narnia:

Returning: Prince Caspian, Queen of Narnia

Cars:

Returning: Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruz, Red, DJ, Jackson Storm, Finn McMissle, Dusty, Blade Ranger

Meet the Robinsons:

Returning: Lewis, Wilbur, Bowler Hat Guy

Ratatouille:

Returning: Remy, Emile, Linguini

Enchanted:

Returning: Giselle

Wall-E:

Returning: Wall-E

New: EVE

Bolt:

Returning: Bolt, Mittens, Rhino

Up:

Returning: Carl, Russell, Dug, Kevin

The Princess & the Frog:

Returning: Tiana, Naveen, Louis, Dr. Faciler

New: Ray, Mama Odie, Charlotte

Tangled:

Returning: Rapunzel, Flynn, Ulf, Gothel

The Muppets:

Returning: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Sweetums, Bean Bunny, Beuagard, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Animal, Rowlf

Brave:

Returning: Merida, Queen Elinor

Wreck It Ralph:

Returning: Ralph, Vanellope

New: Felix, Calhoun

Frozen:

Returning: Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, Olaf, Marshmallow, Hans

Big Hero 6:

Returning: Baymax, Hiro, Yokai, Honey Lemon, Go Go Tomago, Wasabi, Fred

Inside Out:

Returning: Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger, Disgust, Riley

New: Bing Bong

The Good Dinosaur:

New: Arlo

Zootopia:

Returning: Nick Wilde, Judy Hopps

New: Gazelle, Finnick, Clawhauser

Moana:

Returning: Moana, Maui

Coco:

Returning: Miguel

Onward:

Returning: Ian, Barley

Raya and the Last Dragon:

New: Raya, Sisu

Adventures of the Gummi Bears:

Returning: Zummi, Gruffi, Grammi, Tummi, Sunni, Cubbi,

New: Gusto, Chummi

Rescue Rangers:

Returning: Monterey Jack, Gadget, Fat Cat

New: Zipper

Darkwing Duck:

Returning: Darkwing Duck

New: Goslyn

Bonkers:

Returning: Bonkers D. Bobcat

New: Fall Apart Rabbit, Fawn Deer

Marsupalami:

Returning: Marsupalami

Gargoyles:

Returning: Goliath

Doug:

Returning: Doug, Patti

Kim Possible:

Returning: Kim, Ron

New: Rufus

Phineas & Ferb

Returning: Phineas, Ferb, Perry

Bear in the Big Blue House:

Returning: Bear

Stanley:

Returning: Stanley

Jojo’s Circus:

Returning: Jojo, Goliath

Little Einsteins:

Returning: Annie, Leo, June, Quincy

Special Agent Oso:

Returning: Oso

Jake and the Neverland Pirates:

Returning: Jake

Sofia the First:

Returning: Sofia

Elena of Avalor:

Returning: Elena

Fancy Nancy:

Returning: Nancy

Vampirina:

Returning: Vampirina

Doc Mcstuffins:

Returning: Doc Mcstuffins

Handy Manny:

Returning: Manny

Mira, Royal Detective:

Returning: Mira

Marvel Characters (Note: Some characters may be hard to get due to Universal’s 1994 theme park contract that affects east of the Mississippi River):

Returning: Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Gamora, Green Goblin, Groot, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Loki, Rogue, Spider Man, Star Lord, The Hulk, Storm, Thor, Wolverine, Red Skull, Ant Man, Wasp, Okoye, Taskmaster

New: Drax, Rocket Raccoon

Star Wars:

Returning: Ashoka, Anakin Skywalker, Asajj Ventress, Aurra, BB-8, Boba Fett, C-3P0, Cantina Band, Captain Phasma, Chewbacca, Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Ezra Bridger, Gamorean Guard, Greedo, Han Solo, Leia, Jango Fett, Jawa, Kit Fisto, Luke Skywalker, Kylo Ren, Mace Windu, Logray, Rey, Sabine Wren, Shakk-ti, Zam, R2-D2, Captain Rex, Tusken Raider, Porg, Dengar, Count Dooku, Yoda, Emporer Palpetine, Queen (Padme) Almadia, Aayla Secura

New: Poe, Finn, Mando, The Child

New: The Navi Species, Princess Neytiri, Jake Sulley

Dick Tracy:

Returning: Dick Tracy

Zorro:

Returning: Zorro

The Simpsons (Note: Current rights for Simpsons theme park attractions are with Universal):

Returning: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Krusty, Sideshow Bob

Holiday:

Returning: Santa, Mrs. Claus, Reindeer (current version), Snowmen, Gingerbread Man (current version), Easter Bunny, Mrs. Easter Bunny, Polar Bears, Elves, Teddy Bears

Kingdom Hearts:

Returning: Sora

Club Penguin:

Returning: Rockhopper, Bambadee

Indiana Jones:

Returning: Indiana Jones, Marion Ravenswood

Florida’s Natural Growers:

Returning: Orange Bird

Return to Oz:

Returning: Jack Pumpkinhead

Theme Park Characters:

Returning: Major Domo, Geex, Hooter, Lagoona Gator, Ice Gator, Push, Pipa, Lucky the Dinosaur, Val, Eagle Sam

Roadside Romeo:

Returning: Romeo, Laila

Let me guys know what you think of this list, and what other ideas or top 10 things would you like to see at Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary in 2021, again I made this list before the pandemic started earlier last year, and I updated it to match the current timeline to right now. I am aware that many layoffs did happen, and I find it very upsetting that it happened, but I pray and hope that many of those cast members will return. If you comment, please be nice and civil about it, I am open for constructive criticism, but please do not be mean or rude, you are allowed to disagree with my opinions, but again, please be friendly and civil and respectful about it please. Again I know much has changed and things are once again delayed too thanks to this pandemic, but this is just a wishlist I would like to see happen, but I feel like many things will happen, so let's have faith and hope and wish like crazy some of these things will happen soon.

Last edited:

brb1006

1jn1ee.jpg

That's a lot of text, and knowing the current state of the parks. I highly suggest to keep our expectations in check, especially in the Iger/Chapek era. I will strongly agree on the meetable character choices though, especially compared to the overseas parks (notably Tokyo Disney Resort and Paris) where there's more variety with characters that are very obscure or least known.

"Just please try not to get your hopes too high." - Buck Cluck, Chicken Little (2005)

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Wow! That is an enormous post! I honestly couldn't get through it all. But what I did read, I agree with wanting new merchandise and wish WDW would release it for the entire 2021 year of the 50th anniversary. I say it for purely selfish reasons as I would love to get some on our trip in April. If not, would love it if they put some on shopdisney.

I do think that the American parks don't have enough of the "rarer" characters out as much. I know when I ran my 2nd marathon, I mainly focused on taking pictures with the rare characters, especially the ones who were posing together, rather than time. I did find it nice that when we did the disney cruises, some of the characters would be dressed in totally different attire, destination-specific!

Shouldigo12

1jn1ee.jpg

That's a lot of text, and knowing the current state of the parks. I highly suggest to keep our expectations in check, especially in the Iger/Chapek era. I will agree on the meetable character choices though.

"Just please try not to get your hopes too high." - Buck Cluck, Chicken Little (2005)
Yeah, of the list new merchandise, a surprise announcement, and a decorated castle are the only ones I consider likely to happen. Maybe the new song.

Of the rest, even during a regular year I would consider all of that very high expectations. I can't see any of it happening by Oct, when at best we only just may be taking the first steps towards normalcy.

Especially the hotels and restaurants. If Disney is smart they're going to wait until they see how well their current hotels and restaurants do when things are better before committing to building even more.

jake0324demo

Original Poster
1jn1ee.jpg

That's a lot of text, and knowing the current state of the parks. I highly suggest to keep our expectations in check, especially in the Iger/Chapek era. I will agree on the meetable character choices though.

thanks, I did edit this with the pandemic in mind too, it is still a bit early to really call what is gonna happen or not though, I personally keep the faith this pandemic will get better this year.

jake0324demo

Original Poster
Yeah, of the list new merchandise, a surprise announcement, and a decorated castle are the only ones I consider likely to happen. Maybe the new song.

Of the rest, even during a regular year I would consider all of that very high expectations. I can't see any of it happening by Oct, when at best we only just may be taking the first steps towards normalcy.

Especially the hotels and restaurants. If Disney is smart they're going to wait until they see how well their current hotels and restaurants do when things are better before committing to building even more.
I do understand where your coming from, like I said, I did make this before covid struck, and had edited it to keep it up to date, but seriously though, we need more characters in the parks, even if they are part of a calvacade, the good news is that this anniversary I think will end in 2023 considering events like this are usually 18 months in length.

brb1006

Wow! That is an enormous post! I honestly couldn't get through it all. But what I did read, I agree with wanting new merchandise and wish WDW would release it for the entire 2021 year of the 50th anniversary. I say it for purely selfish reasons as I would love to get some on our trip in April. If not, would love it if they put some on shopdisney.

I do think that the American parks don't have enough of the "rarer" characters out as much. I know when I ran my 2nd marathon, I mainly focused on taking pictures with the rare characters, especially the ones who were posing together, rather than time. I did find it nice that when we did the disney cruises, some of the characters would be dressed in totally different attire, destination-specific!
Especially "rare characters" who are very commonly seen at Paris and Tokyo.

Shouldigo12

I do understand where your coming from, like I said, I did make this before covid struck, and had edited it to keep it up to date, but seriously though, we need more characters in the parks, even if they are part of a calvacade, the good news is that this anniversary I think will end in 2023 considering events like this are usually 18 months in length.
Oh yeah, I would love more characters. And if they weren't already planning on lengthening the celebration last year they certainly are now. I can see them advertising a sort of "second chance" 50th celebration.

jake0324demo

Original Poster
Oh yeah, I would love more characters. And if they weren't already planning on lengthening the celebration last year they certainly are now. I can see them advertising a sort of "second chance" 50th celebration.
Yeah if you remember events like the 25th anniversary the millennium celebration and the happiest celebration on earth years ago, they usually lasted for well over a year and I think it can be the same here

Buck Wheelie

I would like to see COP refurbished and an the last scene changed to something more modern. Its a Disney original and the the entire attraction needs a good refurb.

Also would like an evening park ticket. Something after 4 pm that's possibly tied to a dinner reservation in the parks. I think this would be popular with some veteran DVC people that don't go into the parks all the time. Go to dinner in the park and hit a couple rides. Its not worth the price of a full day ticket for that.

jake0324demo

Original Poster
Bro how long did it take to write all of this 😂

I love your dedication and ideas for potential changes though
it took a while to do for sure, I actually found out some characters were actually meetalbe looking through pictures on the Disney Wiki, needless to say, there are many characters that have vanished over time, and I am hoping they come back.

Walt Disney1955

A wish for the 50th would be for us to be there sometime in 2021......................and a normal Disney World/Florida again. At this point even getting rid of Splash Mountain (I assume that is still happening?) is a sacrifice I'd agree to if I could just see the old place in its glory again.

NelleBelle

Quick question on the castle decoration—are you wanting Disney to do so
Etching in addition to the new paint job they just completed? I could get behind that if they did some TASTEFUL swag/drapery with a gold “50” over the castle arch or something. But no repeats of castle birthday cakes! 😂

jake0324demo

Original Poster
Quick question on the castle decoration—are you wanting Disney to do so
Etching in addition to the new paint job they just completed? I could get behind that if they did some TASTEFUL swag/drapery with a gold “50” over the castle arch or something. But no repeats of castle birthday cakes! 😂
No something like what they did for the happiest celebration on earth a decade and a half ago where they added gold disney characters and trimmings to the castle

I've been intrigued with the idea of a Haunted Mansion themed restaurant for a long time. Do you know if there is room to squeeze one in anywhere near the Mansion? I can't think of anywhere it could go. Someone once suggested a HM themed quick service or food cart named "Foolish Morsels" and I've been thinking about it in the shower ever since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom