4 - Splash Mountain
5 - Spiderman
6 - Kong Expedition (I just like it)
7 - Spiderman
8 - Jurassic River Adventure
9 - Dinosaur
10 - E.T.

Amidala

I don't think the best of Universal would rank above the best of Disney for me, but I have yet to ride Hagrid's, and have a strong feeling it would be the first Universal ride to break my top ten. Spider-Man and Mummy are fantastic and would definitely make my top 15/20. FJ and Gringotts have really impressive ride vehicles but IMO the overall experience doesn't compare to Disney's best.

I also have no doubt Tower of Terror is 100% deserving of its spot on everyone's lists but I've always been too afraid to ride it! Trying to be objective as possible, my list would look something like this, in no particular order:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland)
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
4. It's a Small World (Disneyland)
5. Spaceship Earth
6. Indiana Jones Adventure
7. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
8. Rise of the Resistance
9. Expedition Everest
10. Flight of Passage

My personal list would include Living with the Land and PeopleMover since they're some of my absolute favorites! And I'm assuming animatronic shows are exempt here, otherwise Tiki would definitely make it in top 10 for me. Also, I've only been to DL, WDW and DLP but I'm sure this list will look very different when I finally get around to visiting TDL. Fingers crossed I get there some day.

Last edited:

Sue_Vongello

just Florida parks-

1. Splash Mountain (a perfect attraction in every way: queue, story, themeing, length, thrills (physical and emotional), soundtrack etc etc etc ...) Losing this is going to hurt
2. Tower of Terror
3. Peter Pan’s Flight
4. Rise of the Resistance
5. Forbidden Journey
6. The Mummy
7. Spaceship: Earth
8. Expedition: Everest
9. Pirates of the Caribbean
10. Jungle Cruise

UNCgolf

This isn't really a 1-10 ranking, just 10 of the rides I like most (I could be forgetting something and the list could change on any given day):

Splash Mountain
Tower of Terror
Haunted Mansion
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Spaceship Earth
Pirates of the Caribbean
Kiliminjaro Safaris
Revenge of the Mummy
Flight of Passage
Carousel of Progress (if it counts as a ride)
Living with the Land (if CoP doesn't count)

I haven't been on Rise, MMRR, or Hagrid's, although I'm not sure any of them would crack the list.

Giss Neric

This isn't really a 1-10 ranking, just 10 of the rides I like most (I could be forgetting something and the list could change on any given day):

Splash Mountain
Tower of Terror
Haunted Mansion
Spaceship Earth
Pirates of the Caribbean
Kiliminjaro Safaris
Revenge of the Mummy
Flight of Passage
Carousel of Progress (if it counts as a ride)
Living with the Land (if CoP doesn't count)

I haven't been on Rise, MMRR, or Hagrid's, although I'm not sure any of them would crack the list.
COP is a ride as it moves from one point to the other.

Hitchens

Haunted Mansion & Peoplemover tied for #1 and I'll also give them the third spot to cushion them from the others.
3. (see above)
4. The little speed boats we can rent on Bay Lake.
5. Gringott's
6. Transformers.
7. Soarin' over CALIFORNIA. (RIP, or rest back in Anaheim where it returned. They screwed up Soarin' Over the World by allowing everything tall to look so bent out of shape unless you're sitting in the center.)
8 & 9. Hall of Presidents & The American Adventure -- Ron Swanson would approve of parts of these attractions. (CoP, you almost made tied them.)
10. ET's Acid Trip Back to His Home Planet.

WAIT, I left out the Jungle Cruise and --as I often remind everyone-- I'm a former Jungle Cruise Guide, so I'll bump that up to #1, tied with the HM & the Peoplemover. So my #3 is no longer blank.

Also, while I'm revising -- let the MK's Splash Mountain (much better than Disneyland's because of the BEES!) tie ET's Acid Trip Back to His Home Planet for the 10th spot. Orlando Mummy, you almost made it for that cool surprise not found at Universal Hollywood's version. I won't spoil it. And Kilimanjaro Safaris, you might've made this list if Florida weren't so hot & the animals were then more inspired to move.

Last edited:

adimond

Waited a couple weeks to make my list, since I was just about to go on a trip and experience MMRR, Hagrid, Velocicoaster, Kong, Jimmy Fallon, and Fast & Furious for the first time (unfortunately, none of those new rides landed in my top 10 anyway).

Trying to take the thread title literally, so these are all rides (unlike the American Adventure, OP!) and all in Florida. I haven't been to Sea World Orlando or Busch Gardens Tampa recently, but I doubt that would make any difference. I do like plain old coasters (Montu, Hulk, and Velocicoaster are all great ones), but in my opinion, since their true competitors are elsewhere, those necessitate a separate list from the type of themed experiences that make Orlando a unique destination.

1. Haunted Mansion
2. Splash Mountain
3. Spaceship Earth
4. Rise of the Resistance
5. Flight of Passage
6. Living with the Land
7. Space Mountain
8. Peoplemover
9. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
10. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man

Runners-up #11-25 (in much rougher order):
E.T. Adventure
Revenge of the Mummy
Pirates of the Caribbean
Hagrid's
Peter Pan's Flight
Carousel of Progress
Gringotts
Big Thunder Mountain
Dinosaur
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Runaway Railway
It's a Small World
Frozen Ever After
Na'vi River Journey

adimond

If you read the post literally, you would know I said in the original post to post of rides/attractions but ok lmao
In that case, a whole lot of shows (many of which are closed for covid) would become eligible, and I would be forced to agonize over whether Country Bear Jamboree should come in just below Rise of the Resistance or just above it 🐻

FutureCEO

I don't think the best of Universal would rank above the best of Disney for me, but I have yet to ride Hagrid's, and have a strong feeling it would be the first Universal ride to break my top ten. Spider-Man and Mummy are fantastic and would definitely make my top 15/20. FJ and Gringotts have really impressive ride vehicles but IMO the overall experience doesn't compare to Disney's best.

I also have no doubt Tower of Terror is 100% deserving of its spot on everyone's lists but I've always been too afraid to ride it! Trying to be objective as possible, my list would look something like this, in no particular order:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean (Disneyland)
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
4. It's a Small World (Disneyland)
5. Spaceship Earth
6. Indiana Jones Adventure
7. Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
8. Rise of the Resistance
9. Expedition Everest
10. Flight of Passage

My personal list would include Living with the Land and PeopleMover since they're some of my absolute favorites! And I'm assuming animatronic shows are exempt here, otherwise Tiki would definitely make it in top 10 for me. Also, I've only been to DL, WDW and DLP but I'm sure this list will look very different when I finally get around to visiting TDL. Fingers crossed I get there some day.

Interesting how California rides are on a post about Florida.

TheDuke

1. Flight of Passage
2. Millennium Falcon
3. SheiKra
4. Montu
5. Kracken
6. Expedition Everest
7. Space Mountain
8. Soarin'
9. Splash Mountain
10. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Great Movie Ride and that giant wooden coaster that used to be at Busch would have made the list if they were still around, but alas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom