Toontown and Main Street's new costumes

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
We're discussing Toontown and Main Street's new costumes over at MiceChat. The new Toontown costumes are way more colorful and cartoonish. They slightly remind me of the the Goofy's Sky School costumes. Main Street's new costumes look different, but are pretty much styled in the same way.

i-XSq7tBs-M.png

Gadget's:

i-WkL8hbC-M.png

Roger:

i-mVMGzGb-M.png

Gag Factory:

i-JZgDBv8-M.png

The old costumes:

16148.jpg

Main Street:

New-Main-Street-USA-Costumes-Disneyland-USA-January-13-2014-1.jpg

New-Main-Street-USA-Costumes-Disneyland-USA-January-13-2014-3.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/

http://www.dapsmagic.com/2015/01/13/new-costumes-come-disneyland-main-street-usa-mickeys-toontown/

TP2000

Is it bad that what stick out most to me is the artist's wrinkly, too large collar?

The ToonTown costumes could probably be better fitted while still having that zany, cartoon look to them.

No, it's not bad of you to notice that at all. It's admirably masculine of you.
That's a picture of a grown man who obviously has no idea what his proper shirt size is. He's probably a man who only thinks he is a "Large" when in reality he is a 15.5/35 or some such neck/arm proper size.

Who is really to blame is his management (perhaps equally clueless), who allows him to go out "Onstage" in a shirt size that is obviously all wrong for him. Although I'm just trying to be nice and pretend that a male over the age of 18 shouldn't already know his proper shirt size and shouldn't have to have a cheesy theme park manager tell him what his shirt size actually is and how to dress correctly in public. Once a man is no longer having his mother do his laundry he needs to know what his proper shirt size is, and that means knowing instinctively your correct neck circumference and arm length as easily as you know the last four digits of your Social Security number.

I shudder to think how many American men in their 30's and 40's have no idea what their shirt size is. And "Large" is not the right answer.

I can't imagine Disneyland's uniform department doesn't stock these shirts in normal men's sizes, using the centuries old and pan-global standard of neck/arm sizing.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I shudder to think how many American men in their 30's and 40's have no idea what their shirt size is. And "Large" is not the right answer.

I can't imagine Disneyland's uniform department doesn't stock these shirts in normal men's sizes, using the centuries old and pan-global standard of neck/arm sizing.
I really would not be surprised if there was a lack of variety in sizes. Part of why Cast Members can now take their costumes homes was the perpetual and increasing rarity of properly fitting garments. Looking at the ToonTown costumes I think their so big and baggy so that few sizes had to be made. That said, I have also noticed a disappointing trend of men looking like little boys wearing daddy's clothes because ties are "uncomfortable." A small step up in size in more common collars can be hidden, but a wing needs to be well fitted and heavily starched to help it hold its shape.

Are the guys on Buena Vista Street still being made to wear belts and suspenders?

RAXIP

Nope. Choices are extra-small, small, medium, large, extra-large and additional X's.

TP2000

Nope. Choices are extra-small, small, medium, large, extra-large and additional X's.

Even for collared dress shirts worn with ties like used on Main Street, Haunted Mansion, Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, Wine Country Trattoria, etc.?

I get that would be the sizes for casual shirts like those used on Pirates, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Space Mountain, Soarin', etc.

But are you saying they don't stock dress shirts in mens sizes of neck/arm measurements???

GiveMeTheMusic

Even for collared dress shirts worn with ties like used on Main Street, Haunted Mansion, Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, Wine Country Trattoria, etc.?

I get that would be the sizes for casual shirts like those used on Pirates, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, Space Mountain, Soarin', etc.

But are you saying they don't stock dress shirts in mens sizes of neck/arm measurements???

I think you overestimate Disney's costuming system.

lego606

MagicBandit

Depends on the shirt style, even among dress shirts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom