Toonfinder Logo/Site Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
ok guys, I've OK'd this beforehand w/ Zac (Main Street USA), so I'm in the clear.

Along with this website, I am also on the staff of Toonfinder.com, a website devoted solely to the Disney Theme Park Characters.

There are 2 contests.

1-New Logo
2-New Site Design

The deadline for both contests is 11:59PM April 1st, Pacific Time. No submissions will be accepted after said time. No exceptions will be made.... even if you did just revolutionize the entire Digital Media Industry.

Entries must be submitted to mlnproductions@sbcglobal.net. Entries posted on this site but not emailed will not be accepted.

The Prize for the Winner of each contest will be their Video Game of choice, for any platform, as long as it is:
A- currently available
B- NOT STEEL BATTALION

The winners will be decided by the webmaster of Toonfinder.com

Here are the rules for the Logo Contest:

1) you cannot use clipart of Disney characters... photos taken from Toonfinder.com are ok, since we own those pictures

2) within that logo must be the words 'Toonfinder.com'... Caps or lower case, it does not matter... but the name of the site needs to be there.

3) the image cannot be larger than 500 wide by 100 high

4) Hidden Mickeys in the logo will make it look more favorable

Here are the rules for the Site Design Contest:

1) The page must be easily loaded on Dialup

2) the page can be coded in HTML, SHTML, XML, ASP. No others

3) the menu as you see it on the sidebar can be toyed with. It still must be accessible though

4) the top toolbar can be toyed with or removed all together, but the content must still be prominently displayed elsewhere on the site.

5) it must be designed to be able to accept a logo that is 500 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.

6) it must be user friendly for an HTML illiterate staff.

Good luck to everyone.

now for the legalities. All entries become the property of Toonfinder.com. Credit will be given to any entries that are used. If you have any questions about the contest, email webmaster@toonfinder.com for more information

Main Street USA

This is a fun little "inbetweener" for all of us before the next WDWMagic contest begins. Not to mention it's worth a free video game!

Better get a move on, though. This one ends real soon!:)

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
amen Zac. Last words from me, before the entries begin (i'm choosing to not participate in this one. Since I'm on the Toonfinder staff, I feel that would give me an unfair advantage)

1-DO NOT FORGET... your entries need to be emailed to mlnproductions@sbcglobal.net. You can post them as well, but posted entries will not be counted.

2-THIS CONTEST IS NOT JUST LIMITED TO WDWMAGIC! This has also been posted on Digitalbackspin, and will soon be on the Toonfinder spash page. Also, friends of the staff are entering as well. What does this mean? Well... if you win from here, not only do you look cool and get a free video game, but you also get the chance to make WDWMagic look better as a whole, and you get to see what talent lurks beyond this site. Also, this means that you will not see all entries for the contest, since people may just choose to email them, as well as the ones from other sources.

3-let's keep this one positive. No drama, no problems. In fact, I'll start the good vibes *plays Bob Marley*

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
After an IM conversation with a few people, I guess I need to be more specific.

You can enter one contest, or you can enter both. Either one or both, it does not matter.

What does this mean? If you win both, you get 2 video games!

Toonfinder

ok... I thought I'd pop in and state my thanks to mktiggerman for posting this up on WDWMagic...
A couple of things... if you are interested in the contests, but not in the prizes (like who in the heck wants free video games? sheesh...), I am willing to compensate for anything else that would be currently available with a value of about US$50.

And yes, you can enter both if you are interested in trying out both.

And that's about it that I can think of for right now... oh yeah, as I had mentioned on DBS, currently available video games within North America... someone decided to point out that they'd want a imported game if they got the prize, so I had to quickly amend that one part of it.

NowInc

My submission for the logo is sent..

question tho...

chances are...the logos arent going to match the page layout ideas...shouldnt you have set a "standard background color" or something? I chose white because your page is currently that color, but what if someone submits a new page thats..say..black? The logo will look REALLY out of place.

Toonfinder

while the current background for the pages is white, there is also the other contest we have going and basically I'm going to be looking at the logos... and then seeing how they would look if I turned them from Jpegs into GIF's with a transparent background (I do love Photoshop).

Basically I'm seeing what is offered up... and if there is a logo that is what I'm looking for but might not quite fit into a page scheme, I might be going back to that artist and seeing if we might be able to work together to tweak it up a bit to fit into such a scheme.
And I'll be looking at whatever has been submitted today later on this evening... got to visit a local pub after work for some hang-out time with some co-workers first though...

One more thing... I will post up all the submissions so that people can see what else was submitted. But this will only be after the contest has ended.

NowInc

My logo definatly wouldnt work as a transparent gif..it has smooth transparent gradients....fading to white...arg!

Attachments

• toonfinder.jpg
    toonfinder.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 233

Toonfinder

ok... so now I know where that one came from... lol... I saw it this morning before I left the house. But like I said, I'll see what we might be able to do if indeed a certain image isn't able to undo go the transparency process. :)

Main Street USA

I'm still tweaking mine, but it will be sent VERY soon. So, no copying! LOL

This is mine with the transparent BG so far, but not totally finished, i'm working in a hidden mickey.......

Toonfinder

if you have not done so already, please submit them to the email address proved above... otherwise there's a good chance I'm not going to use them within the judging. :)
thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom