Toon Town question

beachlover4444

Original Poster
Sorry new to posting something new but I am coming to DL first time in January 16-18. I am watching park hours and ride closures like a hawk. From what I can see on times to book dinner reservations it looks like wed thur the parks wont be open very late (last res you can book is 7:20) and no fantasmic dining packages. On Fri 18th I can book fantasmic package and know the new night show begins that night as well so I am expecting that Friday to be super crazy. I just noticed that starting Dec 9 everything in the Toon Town area is not on the list for hours of operation including Roger Rabbit and Gadgets go coaster. I have heard about the new Mickey runaway railway going in that area in the future but didnt think that whole land was going down so soon. I was so looking forward to Roger Rabbit & Gadgets gocoaster because we dont have that at WDW. Anyone heard anything else about this?

T.Will

There has been no announcement by Disney if Runaway Railway is coming to DL, so it wouldn't make sense to close the area before announcing the project. Other than that, I don't know why it's unscheduled.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sorry new to posting something new but I am coming to DL first time in January 16-18. I am watching park hours and ride closures like a hawk. From what I can see on times to book dinner reservations it looks like wed thur the parks wont be open very late (last res you can book is 7:20) and no fantasmic dining packages. On Fri 18th I can book fantasmic package and know the new night show begins that night as well so I am expecting that Friday to be super crazy. I just noticed that starting Dec 9 everything in the Toon Town area is not on the list for hours of operation including Roger Rabbit and Gadgets go coaster. I have heard about the new Mickey runaway railway going in that area in the future but didnt think that whole land was going down so soon. I was so looking forward to Roger Rabbit & Gadgets gocoaster because we dont have that at WDW. Anyone heard anything else about this?

While I have no inside knowledge, I’m betting you’re pretty safe at this point. This is no indication as this point of all of ToonTown being completely closed for any length of time. And I can say at least for now it’s likely that we are at least 6-9 months or more before anything related to the Mickey ride is even started. And they would likely start in the backstage area first anyways.

Besides starting in January they have a celebration for Mickey, I assume they’ll be doing up his house for the party. So just for that fact it’ll likely be open during your trip.

beachlover4444

Original Poster
While I have no inside knowledge, I’m betting you’re pretty safe at this point. This is no indication as this point of all of ToonTown being completely closed for any length of time. And I can say at least for now it’s likely that we are at least 6-9 months or more before anything related to the Mickey ride is even started. And they would likely start in the backstage area first anyways.

Besides starting in January they have a celebration for Mickey, I assume they’ll be doing up his house for the party. So just for that fact it’ll likely be open during your trip.
Well that would be great news if it remains open while we come. I am all up for a dance party with Mickey and Minnie... I had heard the entry for the new ride was going to be through the gag factory shop and the ride was going to be behind that in what is now a backstage building. But maybe that was just a guess or rumor that I saw for the project nicknamed "Marceline west". In any case if that ride does come to DL that too would be awesome as I cannot wait for the one at WDW to open late 2019. Bout time Mickey got a cool ride.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well that would be great news if it remains open while we come. I am all up for a dance party with Mickey and Minnie... I had heard the entry for the new ride was going to be through the gag factory shop and the ride was going to be behind that in what is now a backstage building. But maybe that was just a guess or rumor that I saw for the project nicknamed "Marceline west". In any case if that ride does come to DL that too would be awesome as I cannot wait for the one at WDW to open late 2019. Bout time Mickey got a cool ride.

The Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway attraction right now is just a rumor for Disneyland, albeit a highly likely rumor at this point, but still a rumor. Disney has not confirmed it, and we aren't likely to get any type of confirmation until at least August 2019 at the D23 conference. Which would put construction probably starting in late 2019 or early 2020 at the earliest.

Rule of thumb for trip planning when it comes to rumors, until its confirmed by Disney I would treat it as if its not happening. Even after its confirmed there is still a chance of it not happening, like the recent cancellations of the announced new DL hotel and the new theater for Main St in WDW, both of which were cancelled after they were announced by Disney. So its best to wait until construction actually starts before you believe its going to happen.

Some of us around here just like talking about rumors, which I know can get confusing for those that try to plan vacations.

Anyways, you're safe at this point. I'd check back closer to January on ride closures to be sure. And you can always call Disneyland directly and ask.

kkocka

One friendly suggestion: don't get your heart set on Gadget's Go Coaster, because it's an EXTREMELY tight fit for an adult. In fact, I don't know if I could fit in there anymore and I'm relatively in shape, though my issue is bending my bad knee back. I'm not quite sure if it was intended for adults but hell they've been riding on it since day one. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom