Took the kids to WDW and didn't let them ride any rides

hasabigrock

Original Poster
We took our first Disney Cruise and loved it. Afterwards we had a full day in Orlando with nothing to do. It was the height of spring break and the parks were packed. I really didn't want to pay hundreds to be shoulder-to-shoulder and standing in long lines.

Soooooo, we decided instead to see if we could see all of WDW in a single day. All the parks and resorts accessible by Disney Transportation. We even told the kids we weren't going to feed them and called the day, "The Hunger Games Tour of Disney World".

In good spirits we parked the car at Downtown Disney.

Now in WDW you can catch a bus from any park to any resort. Then from any resort to any park and so on. So this way we hopped from park to resort to park, and so on.

Here is our short, funny video showing us at each of the 26 stops along the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByB-QUjc0Ww

From Downtown Disney we bused it to Old Key West, the bussed it to Hollywood Studios, took a boat to the Swan, and so on.

For lunch we had the Kitchen Sink at the Beach Club Resort. For $25 it was the best deal for lunch in the park. We did spring for a nice dinner at Kona Cafe that set us back over $100. We rode busses, monorails, boats and saw alot of things we normally miss on our trips.

Here is our log for the day:
  • Parked at Downtown Disney
  • Walk to Disney Marketplace
  • Funny bus to Old Key West
  • Bus to MGM
  • Friendship boat to Swan
  • Walk to Dolphin
  • Walk to Boardwalk ($5 water)
  • Walk to Beach Club
  • Lunch at Beaches and Cream for Kitchen Sink and drinks ($44.24)
  • Walk to Yaht Club
  • Taxi to Caribbean
  • Bus to EPCOT
  • Bus to Pop Century
  • Bus to Blizzard Beach & WinterSummerland
  • Bus to Allstar Sports
  • Bus to Allstar Music
  • Bus to Allstar Movies
  • Bus to Animal Kingdom
  • Bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Taxi to Coronado Springs
  • Bus to Magic Kingdom
  • Bus to Polynesian
  • Dinner at Kona
  • Monorail to Grand Floridian
  • Monorail to Contemporary
  • Boat to Wilderness Lodge
  • Bus to Fort Wilderness
  • Bus to EPCOT
  • Bus to Saratoga Springs
  • Cab to Port Orleans
  • Bus to Downtown Disney
  • Rental car back to Marriott Courtyard

WED Purist

One more stop

On days where we just ride around, we also take the monorail to Epcot. Sometimes twice. It's a great ride.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Intersting first post - welcome to the boards.

Im tired just watching!!

Although disney transportation can be h3!! --:animwink:Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks for sharing.

real mad hatter

Wow!

Watched your film,awesome and well done on the challenge,however,if I suggested this to my DW and DS there would be my suitcase packed and sitting outside my door,and it wouldn't be for WDW.:ROFLOL:

LuLaSue

I give you credit! I don't think I (ME) could to go to the WDW Resort area without entering a single park! Were you not tempted at any time to say...FOGET THIS....WE ARE GOING IN!!!

Just wondering/:veryconfu

chipndale09

just watched the video...wow, cheers to you. Mind you it would drive nuts me not to go in the parks. Perhaps not a bad idea for a rainy day activity..but I think I would you use my refillable mug for some sort of adult bevvie to keep me going ;)

WorldKey

We've never done anything this detailed but on a 'non-park' day we always go around to a number of locations, especailly other Resorts to get an idea what each is like to decide if we want to stay in the future. That day most always includes a quick round-trip on the EPCOT monorail loop....nice ride!

J03Y

well dang
straight_face.gif

JIMINYCR

I enjoyed the video and applaud your creativity. But I could never get so close to the park entrances and knowing what's just beyond, turn around without going in. What torture it must have been. ( Although having the kitchen sink for lunch looks good! ) I don't know many kids that would be up to that challenge. I hope they got extra rewards for being so patient when you got home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom