Too tall for Disney World? No

Ibuypinball

Original Poster
I wanted to provide some feedback because I lloked to the forums for info on being too tall at disney world and found alot of questoons but not enough answers.
I am 33 y/o 6'9" 240 lbs. My brother is 6'5" 300 lbs. I just got from Disney world and I had a very pleasant experience. Went to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. My brother and I had no issue fitting on any rides we went on.

Magic Kingdom.

Space Mountain. Its a tight squeeze, but dont let that keep you from riding it. I sat in the middle seat, also in the past I have sat in the back seat, they are the same but the employee said the middle seat has the most room. I duck they whole time but I dont know if its necessary.

Pirates of the Caribbean. Easy fit. First row has all the legroom.

Buzzlightyear. Door comes down on your knees but it isnt uncomfortable.
Same with Haunted Mansion.

Animal Kingdom.

Primeval Whirl. Easily fit.

River Rapids. Comfortable fit.

Expedition Everest. Sat in the front row and had plenty of space. The other rows look just as roomy.

Pandora Flight of Passage. I easily fit. The lady next to me was a heavy woman and an employee had to help get her seat to lock. There is a test seat at the entrance of the ride to try before you get in line.

Disney is the best, no issues at all. Please comment if you went on other rides and are 6"5' and up. Id like to hear about your experience.

DisneyGigi

I wanted to provide some feedback because I lloked to the forums for info on being too tall at disney world and found alot of questoons but not enough answers.
I am 33 y/o 6'9" 240 lbs. My brother is 6'5" 300 lbs. I just got from Disney world and I had a very pleasant experience. Went to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. My brother and I had no issue fitting on any rides we went on.

Magic Kingdom.

Space Mountain. Its a tight squeeze, but dont let that keep you from riding it. I sat in the middle seat, also in the past I have sat in the back seat, they are the same but the employee said the middle seat has the most room. I duck they whole time but I dont know if its necessary.

Animal Kingdom.

Expedition Everest. Sat in the front row and had plenty of space. The other rows look just as roomy.

Pandora Flight of Passage. I easily fit. The lady next to me was a heavy woman and an employee had to help get her seat to lock. There is a test seat at the entrance of the ride to try before you get in line.

Disney is the best, no issues at all. Please comment if you went on other rides and are 6"5' and up. Id like to hear about your experience.
My son is right under 6’5. He did not like 7dmt, but he was in the back. Pandora no problem, except he said he had to scrunch toes up a bit. He has really long, legs especially the calf, but they are muscular not heavy.
EE never a problem, he has been on too many times to count in all seats.
The only other thing he has ever said is he will not raise his crazy long arms on Space Mountain.
As a 5’3 Momma- I will say do not ride BTMRR with someone that tall. The lap bar hit his big tall knees and left a huge gap for me. I did not put my hands up when I ride with him. Lol

Last edited:

Rumrunner

Magic Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom.

At 6'5" have some difficulty in POC, 7WMT, and particularly Splash. Have found ways to adjust but as I get older and less flexible it gets more difficult. No complaints just have learned to fold myself in and deal with it. Being uncomfortable is not unique to Disney-have the same problems on airlines etc. except Disney is much more enjoyable.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I’m 6’9” about 250-260 and have not really had much of a problem with fitting in any of them as a solo, but it can be a challenge on Splash Mt and Big Thunder Mt when sharing a row with someone else. Space Mt can be a little uncomfortable because in the back seat my legs are spread out so the lap bar ends kind of jam into the thighs rather than over them, or in the front seat I can get the legs closer together and have the lap bar actually in the lap (no seat in front to straddle) but have to edge up my rear end in the seat to get the angle which causes some jarring to the tailbone. None of this is a big enough issue to keep me from wanting to ride each of them as many times as I can each trip!

The only others I can think of with a bit of a problem for me are Test Track and Dinosaur. I can fit in both fine, but my knees are right at the divider so every stop or jarring turn slams them into the space ahead and I tend to have to clench and brace myself with the hand bar during those parts which helps some, but not all of the jarring. My knees contact the front in many other rides, but it’s not much of an issue to me on those because I can’t think of any others that have the combination of those kind of fast stops and proximity of a hard surface to the knees. Again, I still enjoy both, just have to make some personal adjustments while riding in certain spots!

Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Nemo, Little Mermaid and a few others are a little snug and I have to sit with legs at an angle if riding with someone else (not a problem solo as you can just spread out). The clamshell kind of designs do make me have to sit leaning a little forward due to head room issues (e.g. HM, Nemo, Little Mermaid).

Rockin Rollercoaster has some rows with more leg room, I can fit fairly comfortable in the front of each two row segment, but not in the back.

There are others like Kilimanjaro Safari or others with bench seating that don’t have much legroom, but have wide enough rows where my spreading out or angling to sit isn’t really a problem for me or others I share a row with.

I don’t have a problem with 7DMT, Everest, Tower of Terror, Barnstormer, any of the spinners, Soarin, PotC, Jungle Cruise, Speedway, Spaceship Earth, Slinky Dog Dash, Suacers, Midway Mania, Kali River, Navi River, FoP, Epcot boat rides (although I usually ask for front row which is more comfortable not having to sit at an angle or legs spread on LwtL, Three Caballeros, or Navi at AK, but it’s not that big of a deal and I don’t ask if the staff appears to be having any kind of stress with the line at the time I’m there). I can’t think of any major issues fitting with any other rides or attractions (I’ve done everything at least once except for some meet and greets and a couple of kids shows directed specifically at kids).

TIP to anyone tall - situational awareness is your friend, use the few minutes in sight of the ride vehicles to take a look at the layout of the car/boat/other vehicle and determine if there is one row or seat location that would be better for you and/or other guests (for example, I tend to ask for back row on Splash Mt to avoid blocking others’ views or in the picture). The cast members frequently size me up and suggest a spot if one has more room, but not always, so take a look pre-boarding and make a request if it looks like it will help rather than relying on luck of the draw, it can make the difference between a relaxing ride or an uncomfortable one.

Outside of the four main parks, standing on the monorail is uncomfortable because I have to stand with an uncomfortable posture due to the height of the vehicles’ ceilings (I try to either find a car or wait for one that has a seat available after a long day of walking has already taken a toll on the back) and try to get the front seat of tram cars which provides additional room with the two rows in one there.

Typhoon Lagoon is the only water park I’ve been to and your mileage may vary on some of the tube and raft rides (either fitting on them or having feet and ankles hitting the sides) but there was nothing I couldn’t do, and it’s great being able to stand in the deep end of the wave pool!

Last edited:

FettFan

7DMT is my least favorite bc it makes me keep my legs closed

giphy.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

Luckily many rides at Disney are for everyone.....Universal on the other hand they like to do the "Three click rule" and it's like that for the coasters and Foribidden journey..

Smiley/OCD

At 6'3", I've never had a problem on any of the rides at WDW...when I was younger (late teens), I DID get stuck on the Runaway Train at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ...the bar wouldn't release over my knees and it took CM's about 20 minutes to get me out of the car. I then had to ride it solo, sitting with my legs crossed. Other than that, no problems at WDW.

jloucks

6'3.5 250. No major issues with any Disney attraction. A couple universal rides and I have to suck it in a little to get all the clicks. One of the reasons I stopped at 250. That seems to be about the tipping point for all sorts of stuff.

Only one ride ever has given me major problems, and that was the Flashback at Six Flags Over Texas. It gave me some serious spinal compression. The pain was intense. 10 years later, I thought maybe I just had a bad seat and tired it again. Idiot. Hurt again. They tore that thing out thank goodness.

JustAFan

6'3.5 250. No major issues with any Disney attraction. A couple universal rides and I have to suck it in a little to get all the clicks. One of the reasons I stopped at 250. That seems to be about the tipping point for all sorts of stuff.

Only one ride ever has given me major problems, and that was the Flashback at Six Flags Over Texas. It gave me some serious spinal compression. The pain was intense. 10 years later, I thought maybe I just had a bad seat and tired it again. Idiot. Hurt again. They tore that thing out thank goodness.
I'm 6'2" and can no longer ride the Batman ride at Six Flags Over Texas. The over the shoulder restraint is too tight.

thomas998

Magic Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom.

Just don't expect that same feeling if you go to Universal. I'm not even 6"5' but find that there are rides in Universal I have to really scrunch my legs to get in... Of course they do provide test sets of most of the iffy rides so you can see if you fit before waiting in line which is big plus.

CalebS

I am 6”7’ with long, fairly muscular legs and can say that I have ridden every ride at WDW and am able to fit on them all solo and riding along with someone else. 7 dwarves is for sure the tightest ride for me also as another poster said. One question I have if anyone knows, how does the tron lightcycle coaster from Shanghai do with taller people? I’ve never ridden a bike coaster and didn’t know if someone might have some insight. I know they have the regular car in the back, but i feel as thought that takes away a lot of the experience.

GlassHalfFull

apparently I am the only one who finds the top of the Mansion clam shells to be too low for my 6'5" body... I like to sit back relax(especially noticeable on the descent into the graveyard going backwards)and unless I angle my head at 45 downward, the top of the shell makes it so I can't sit all the way back..

Also Splash Mountain and 7DMT are a bit too tight for comfort when you basically have to mansplain to the seat back in front of you to sit comfortably...

Walt Disney1955

Magic Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom.

Not 6'5", but 6'2" 300lbs. Built like a football player. Big in the shoulders, arms, legs and chest............oh, and lots of unwanted size in the belly too. ;)

Not a single problem with a Disney ride. Space Mountain would be the tightest but I am still good enough in there. In Disneyland the Matterhorn was the tightest fit but still good enough.

Only at Universal was I not able to get on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I was a little disappointed on that, but I'll do a crash diet the next time we go.

It is places like Cedar Point and other rollercoaster parks that I am likely to not be able to fit on a couple of them but never Disney. In fact never even been uncomfortable.

Oh, and at 6'9" and 240lbs. I hope you play a good game of basketball.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m a “leggy” 6’7”....

I haven’t had a problem with anything except space mountain is extremely uncomfortable. I’ll usually skip. But those are horribly outdated ride cars so that’s probably to be expected.

Primeval while is a pain to get in and out and splash is a bit as well. Not “comfortable” but on for a few minutes.

I’ve heard FOP complaints from others...but I think it’s the “thickness” of the legs that causes those issues.

Walt Disney1955

I'm curious - have you been on Flight of Passage yet? I need to lose a few more pounds before I fit in that ride. Good incentive, huh?

I haven't yet, no. How big are you? Most people are smaller than me so I figure if you need to lose weight then I will too.

I've had a couple of times on rollercoasters in the past gotten "kicked" off because I couldn't quite fit. What can you do? Well............lose weight of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom