Too Much Like Donald??

LoriSue

Original Poster
Okay, so I was really hoping to get some input here. Maybe I'm too much like Donald in some respects and was wondering if this is something other people get annoyed with or I just need to get over it. Granted, there isn't anything I can actually DO about it but would feel a little better if it wasn't just me. So, we live in Albuquerque and try to get home to WDW about twice a year. Since DH is a teacher and we can only travel during "peak" times for the most part and airfare adds about $1400 for the 3 of us to get out there each time on top of the cost of the trip. I get cranky sometimes.. I get annoyed at people who feel that they're above waiting in line and just cut their way to the front.. sometimes get frustrated at some of the stroller traffic, etc. The biggest thing that annoys me, however, is this. Ya get in line for something, usually POTC. Sometimes you wait or during EMH you can sometimes just walk on. Anyway, you finally get on the ride. You're greeted with Davy Jones and the "Dead Men Tell No Tales" warning just before plunging down the giant abyss (hehe) to hang out with Jack Sparrow. Suddenly, the party/parties behind you decide that NOW is the time to begin some conversation that simply cannot wait until they get off the ride. If you're REALLY lucky, they start snapping flash pictures too. Before we went on the trip this last time a few weeks ago, I made a conscious decision to just enjoy the magic. Realizing that things being the way they are, not everyone is blessed enough to be able to go, especially twice a year. I did okay with the people who somehow got a magical fastpass to cut to the front of the line. I made an effort to avoid large flocks of strollers and just go a different way. I even decided that rather than get annoyed at the Cast Member at Art of Disney who had no clue who Pluto was or that Lilo & Stitch was a movie and not just a cartoon series I would just remember how lucky I am to have had the experiences to know that. Yet the ability to simply ignore those who feel the need to talk the ENTIRE way through POTC still annoyed me. We waited until EMH to ride. I let everyone who came up behind us go ahead in the tunnels so that we'd have a shot at maybe a boat of our own. So, we made it! We're at the loading area and we step into the boat. JUST as they are closing the gate to allow loading, 2 women come up with a screaming 4 year old who is terrified of the ride. Rather than calming the child or waiting (since the next boat was to be empty as well) they load the boat behind us with said screaming 4 year old in tow. So, am I just cranky? I realize there's nothing I can do about it but was just wondering if I was completely unreasonable or if someone else feels that way too... :brick: Phew.. Thanks for listening!

NeverEnufDisney

Nah, you're not too cranky! I have my own problems with the inconsiderate. Most times I can get enough separation that I can more easily tolerate it, but sometimes you're packed in with one of those, it's hard to hold your tongue. Do I have some wonderful pearl of wisdom that will help when this happens? Sorry you either have the ability to turn blinders on or you don't. :shrug:

danpam1024

Just be glad the rude, obnoxious, and inconsiderate are not you're next-door neighbors:p. We try to think of it differently...how lucky we are to BE THERE and we're NOT one of those obnoxious families, and despite these kind of people, we can still enjoy our magic. Just think of what their "home life" must be like, when in public, most people tend to be on their BEST behavior, kinda almost makes you feel sorry for 'em. But yeah, I get totally annoyed too...especially by the people in the EVCs who AREN'T disabled and expect the royal treatment:fork::zipit::zipit:. I digress. It's not in poor taste to turn around and ask politely for them to ZIP IT please:rolleyes:

LoriSue

Original Poster
Well, thanks for that. I know I can't do anything about it, I just worried that I was a scrooge for feeling that way. Hakuna Matata!!

DisneyChik17

I really hate it when someone is forcing a screaming child onto a ride. That's gotta be some form of child abuse.

HAHA! My mother did that to me. I was TERRIFIED of HM and was adamant about not going on that ride. She told me I wasn't allowed to ruin my first trip to WDW and FORCED me on that ride. I squeezed her hand for about the first minute of the ride and them I loved it! I can't imagine what people said about my mother, but I am so glad she did it. It must have been such a scene seeing a mother drag her crying 8 year old onto HM. LOL! :ROFLOL:

LoriSue

Original Poster
Ya know, that's what DH said too.. and I kind of agree with that, or if someone is on a once in a lifetime trip but all the boats behind us were empty, no one in line. I dunno. I'm just the kind of mom who takes a fussing child out of a movie or walks away from the dining area with a fussy baby when in a restaurant, I refuse to intrude on other people's experience.

mp2bill

That story's pretty rough. I agree with all of it except for the picture taking part. You can never know if this is somebody's first trip or if they know that they won't be back for a long time and they want to catch all the memories that they can. So I don't mind if somebody takes a picture with a flash since it only lasts for 1/125 of a second.

The one caveat to that is when they use the flash on something that is more than 15 feet away. I wish that more people knew that flashes are only good for close shots. It's like those people taking pictures of Barry Bond's 756th (steroid induced) homerun, using a flash from the upper deck. Pure stupidity and useless. Sorry, that's enough of my "improper flash use" rant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom