Tony's for Thanksgiving!

cowanfamily

Original Poster
I am going to be at Tony's in the MK for Thanksgiving. Has anyone eaten here before on Thanksgiving? If so is it the same menu or have they altered it for the holiday?

EvilQueen-T

most of them don't change their menus but lets face it...a corn dog on thanksgiving in the magic kingdom is more fun than a regular thanksgiving anywhere else. if people tell you you should do liberty tree tavern instead just remember it's sponsored by stouffers...you can get the same "thanksgiving" meal in the frozen food section of you grocery store.

JustInTime

most of them don't change their menus but lets face it...a corn dog on thanksgiving in the magic kingdom is more fun than a regular thanksgiving anywhere else. if people tell you you should do liberty tree tavern instead just remember it's sponsored by stouffers...you can get the same "thanksgiving" meal in the frozen food section of you grocery store.

it's not the same thing. lol

cowanfamily

Original Poster
If I need turkey that bad, I can always grab a leg. I agree as well. I would rather eat Italian food on Thanksgiving in the MK, then turkey anywhere else!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I would avoid Tony's like the plague. Easily the worst sit-down restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. Surely you can get an ADR somewhere else?

EvilQueen-T

it's not the same thing. lol

lol so true. we timed this years vacation for just a few days after thanksgiving so that i'll have my mothers turkey, stuffing, and broccoli casserole (i even had her make it for me for my birthday in march...it's my favorite comfort meal). but we'll have dinner, a day or two of leftovers then i'm hitting wdw for 5 nights and 6 days :sohappy:.

we haven't done thanksgiving in the park but we did christmas eve dinner at 1900 park fare two years ago...we didn't love the buffet but had an absolutely hysterical time with druzella. that same year we did christmas dinner at coral reef and it was nice (not my favorite sit down place but worked good for our crowd). our favorite disney sit down places are flying fish, narcoossees, le cellier, shula's, california grill, citricos, and wolfgang pucks.

PJean710

I agree about tony's. that turkey will be better than anything you get at tony's. a few years back my wife and at there and were sadly dissappointed. what made it worse was we paid cash for it since we used our sit down for that night at Artist pointe, which by the way is the best resturant on property.

paul436

I would avoid Tony's like the plague. Easily the worst sit-down restaurant in the Magic Kingdom. Surely you can get an ADR somewhere else?
I agree. I've eaten there twice (was hoping the first bad meal was a fluke) and the food was awful both times. If an Italian restaurant can't do spaghetti and meatballs well there is no hope for them.

powlessfamily4

I am going to be at Tony's in the MK for Thanksgiving. Has anyone eaten here before on Thanksgiving? If so is it the same menu or have they altered it for the holiday?

I just phoned reservations and the very pleasantly magical person on the other line, pulled up the menu for Thankgiving Day and informed me, they are serving "A Traditional Thanksgiving meal with an Italian Flair". So... we will be having turkey that day. :) :) :)

mrtoad

I ate there as a kid but can't remember if it was good or not back then. Just eating in the park was nice.

As an adult I have eaten there 3 times. First time was OK. I had some sort of pasta dish. Second was very good, I had filet mignon with gorganzola mashed potatoes and loved it. Next time I went back it was not on the menu and whatever I had was not specatular at all.

I would not say avoid it (especially as trying to switch Thanksgiving meals now would prob be impossible) but we never make reservations there now.

We tried to get into Le Cellier for Thanksgiving this year but surprise surprise struck out. We did get into California Grill luckily though. We actually got in there twice on this upcoming trip, I hope that is not a bad sign that we were able to get in twice and that it has gone downhill or anything....

cowanfamily

Original Poster

WOW! you make it sound like there are alot of options for sit-down restaurants in the MK.

Let's see. Crystal Palace.....Booked up!
Liberty tree.....Booked up!
Cinderellas Castle....I have boys not girls!

Well that about sums up the Sit-down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom!

I have eaten here before, just not on Thanksgiving. The food isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. My question has been answered, thank you everyone!

mrtoad

I know you have your answers but wanted to comment on the MK sit down choices. There are way too few for the park, I know they are changing that but right now very few. We love Liberty Tree for lunch but dinner is family style and would prefer to have my choice of what I want. Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace both can be fun but again the meals are not great. It is shame that the sit down choices are not great in the MK. The Plaza restaurant right at the other end of Main Street is very good but is nothing fancy at all. It is probably though our favorite sit down place in the MK. Before the meal plan we used to eat their rather than a counter service if we were planning lunch as it is not much more money than counter and much nicer.

WOW! you make it sound like there are alot of options for sit-down restaurants in the MK.

Let's see. Crystal Palace.....Booked up!
Liberty tree.....Booked up!
Cinderellas Castle....I have boys not girls!

Well that about sums up the Sit-down restaurants in the Magic Kingdom!

I have eaten here before, just not on Thanksgiving. The food isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. My question has been answered, thank you everyone!

cowanfamily

Original Poster
I know you have your answers but wanted to comment on the MK sit down choices. There are way too few for the park, I know they are changing that but right now very few. We love Liberty Tree for lunch but dinner is family style and would prefer to have my choice of what I want. Cinderella's Royal Table and Crystal Palace both can be fun but again the meals are not great. It is shame that the sit down choices are not great in the MK. The Plaza restaurant right at the other end of Main Street is very good but is nothing fancy at all. It is probably though our favorite sit down place in the MK. Before the meal plan we used to eat their rather than a counter service if we were planning lunch as it is not much more money than counter and much nicer.

I agree. Epcot is overloaded with them and the MK has nothing to write home about!

EvilQueen-T

have you considered hitting a sit down on the monorail loop? narcoossee's, citricos, the wave, california grill, ohana's, even chef mickeys??? just a thought and doesn't really take that much more out of your time.

shuflemstr

If you want Liberty Tree just keep checking multiple times a day. I just made 2 reservations for Liberty Tree on Thanksgiving Day. We just decided a couple days ago to go down for Thanksgiving so I've been checking multiple times a day for Liberty Tree and I finally got it. Don't give up....

powlessfamily4

This is the end result and it was GREAT!

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom