Tony Baxter Tour at DLR 7/11/2014

wild01ride

Original Poster
Hey all, maybe this is a regular thing and I'm just way out of te loop, but...
Yesterday while sauntering through the lobby of the Grand Californian, I came across a large circle of people off to one side of the central area and Lo and Behold, Tony Baxter was in the middle of sharing a story (or something) with the group.
He was explaining something and told everyone to put something into their cell phones... Unfortunately, the awe of seeing him in person put me into a Disney need shock and prevented me from being my usually nosy self. I armed the phone's camera for a shot but decided to respect the Disney Legend and take in the moment first-hand rather than act as paparazzi.

Anyhow, very cool to see him in person!

Anyone have any additional info on what this was all about?

Figments Friend

Nice to hear that you had a surprise encounter with the 'living Legend' himself...Mr. Baxter.
:)

There have been several 'sightings' of the man at the Grand Californian over the last few years.
The hotel hosts a lot of conventions and private events there, so it is only a guess that he may have been in attendance for something taking place.

Tony sure does get around....bless him.
He once said in a recent interview that he is busier NOW in 'retirement' it seems then when he was 'active'...!

wild01ride

Original Poster
Cool to hear that it wasn't just an amazement to me! I thought it could have just been an "every Friday morning" kinda thing that everybody but me knew about! :)
I saw Marty Sklar at the seminar he did for Epcot's 25th and was equally amazed.
I would've loved the opportunity to sit down and listen to Tony in person. It clearly wasn't the opportune time to do so given the circumstances and I still hold to my decision that it was better to offer respect in the situation.
Nevertheless, awesome moment!

Marc Gil

Pretty great timing on your part. I'm a little jealous! Haha just kidding, but seriously, that's awesome!

I probably would have had gotten cold feet as well, so don't worry ;)

Figments Friend

Cool to hear that it wasn't just an amazement to me! I thought it could have just been an "every Friday morning" kinda thing that everybody but me knew about! :)
I saw Marty Sklar at the seminar he did for Epcot's 25th and was equally amazed.
I would've loved the opportunity to sit down and listen to Tony in person. It clearly wasn't the opportune time to do so given the circumstances and I still hold to my decision that it was better to offer respect in the situation.
Nevertheless, awesome moment!

Well that would be utterly awesome if it was a 'every Friday morning' kind of thing...!
I would be there in a heartbeat to partake.
:geek:

Tony has the most fascinating stories to share.
The amount of knowledge and trivia in his head is amazing, and he has a unique perspective when it comes to contemplating it all.
There is a reason why fans love hearing him give talks at the various fan community events or D23 - when he opens his mouth it is always entertaining and insightful.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom