Tony Baxter BTMR presentation at Disney Springs AMC for the Carolwood Society - Sept 27th 10am

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hello folks.
:)

I wanted to bring this to the attention of anyone in the Orlando area, or anyone visiting Walt Disney World during the last week in September.
Anyone who is a fan of classic Imagineering, history of the Parks, and particularly interested in hearing about the creation and construction of 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' may want to know about this -

Tony Baxter is coming to Disney Springs to present a keynote presentation for The Carolwood Society on the morning of Friday, September 27th at 10am.
To be held at the AMC Theater at Disney Springs.
Tickets to attend the presentation are $35 ($38 with online fees )
Everyone is welcome to attend, as this is not a 'Members only' event.

Following Tony's keynote presentation, a receiving line will form to give attendees a chance to meet the presenters and have a photo opportunity with them.

So this means, YES -
YOU can meet Tony Baxter!

Link to the Carolwood Society page covering the '2019 Unmeeting' , with more info and a link to purchase tickets -

This is a rare opportunity to see Tony talk about 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' which celebrates it's 40th Anniversary that month.
Normally, one has to attend a D23 sanctioned event to see something like this, but now you have the chance to avoid the expensive admission charges AND support a great organization!
Plus, spend some time listening to Tony's great stories and interesting insights....in PERSON !
Not only that, you have a opportunity the meet the man and perhaps even have a photo opportunity.

I will be there, hope to see more 'WED heads' and Members of the Tony Baxter Fan Club there as well!

Description of the planned presentation, from the event website -

------------------

Join us for an inspiring keynote presentation from Disney Legend and Walt Disney Imagineering Ambassador, Tony Baxter along with Carolwood Society Founder, Michael Broggie at the AMC Disney Springs 24 theater in Lake Buena Vista, Florida the morning of Friday, September 27th, 2019. Doors will open at 9:15 am and this address will begin promptly at 10:00 am.

Throughout Tony's 47 year career at Walt Disney Imagineering he made numerous contributions and offered guidance and leadership that is evident at Disney Parks the world over. Among his best known achievements is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Join us to hear the story of how this attraction came to life and how the distinct characteristics of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris helped to make each one of these attractions remarkable in it's own right.

General admission tickets ($35) are available to all who are interested in attending and can be accessed from this page. And every attendee will be provided with popcorn and a beverage!

We hope to see you there! All Aboard!

----------------

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Original Poster
This is awesome! We’ll be at uni for HHN the 26th-29th and have been talking about what to do during the day besides parks.

Go for it!

Tony will be talking about the creation of 'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad', one of his many signature Attractions. The presentation will cover how the original concept and design was developed and implemented in the various Disney Theme Parks.
Should be a terrific two hours !

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
For those not familair with or interested in learning more about the Carolwood Society, here is a great spot - the official website!

In a nutshell, this is a great group of folks dedicated to preserving and showcasing Walt Disney's love of trains.
So if you dig 'Uncle Walt' or are a model train enthusiest yourself, have a look at this swell organization.

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Happy 40th Anniversary, 'Big Thunder Mountian'!
Opening Day was today at Disneyland Park, forty years ago.

My what a wild ride it has been....
Yee haw!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I'll be in attendance, and plan on getting there early.
If anyone happens to spot me, I will have some of this cool stuff on hand as free giveaways.
Some of my Tony inspired artwork, as professionally printed postcards and some 'fan club' stickers.

The challange will be to try and find me....but if you pay attention to the tshirts people in attendence are wearing, it shouldn't be that difficult.
;)

Figments Friend

Original Poster
So who’s gonna take over and only ask Figment questions ?!?!?! 🤩🤩🤩

Tony doesn't typically take questions from the audience when doing a presentation such as this, but he does sometimes have some time set aside to talk with those in attendence afterwards.

I do not know what this particular presentation will include besides what has already been noted, so I am not sure if he will be available for chatting with afterwards.
It is indeed possible that he may do a short fan greet / signing session, but that is not guaranteed.
Tony does however try to make time for meeting folks wherever he appears, so anything is possible.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom