Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Nansafan

Original Poster
Please Help. My son was in WDW this past Christmas on his annual visit with his uncle. While on the TTA, they noticed that our favorite phrase was missing.

Can anyone tell me if the following has been permanently deleted or was is a one time glitch.

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give him a ring."

This was missing from the ride and they were quite upset. The TTA is always the first attraction we visit in the MK when we get to WDW each year, and always the last one we visit before coming home.:cry:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
That particular phrase can be heard when the TTA train is going around the Carousel of Progress. I remember it distinctly being there. I don't see why they'd have taken it out. Is it possible you may have been talking and missed it, or maybe tried too hard to catch it at the wrong moment and relaxed your attention when it was said?

General Grizz

Whenever the CoP/Timekeeper spiels are gone, so is the Tom Morrow. I suppose it is for timing reasons. If you want to hear it, visit the parks while TK/CoP are in operation ;)

Tom Morrow

the "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow" phrase is part of the Carousel of Progress spiel. In other words, it is triggered when you pass the Carousel of Progress. When the Carousel of Progress is closed, they don't play the CoP spiel, and Tom Morrow is left out. I know how you feel, Nansafan! Thats my favorite phrase too! (look at my username)

They have to fix that so this classic line is always played!

DisneyFreak721

When I was there on march 26th, it was playing, but then again, Carousel of progress was also running that day. I don't know what to tell ya. Sorry!

mickey-nut

We just got back on Monday and rode the TTA at least 6 times (it is my 6 year olds FAVORITE ride)! That phrase was definitely not on when we were there.:)

HMFan

I was there the first weekend in February and the Tom Morrow speil was played, but nothing about CoP or Timekeeper.

Nansafan

Original Poster
Thanks to all for responding. An FYI as a side note, my son was video-taping the ride, getting shots inside and outside and he had camera at the ready to video tape his uncle doing the Tom Morrow bit so we know they weren't talking over it. They were waiting for it.:sohappy: :sohappy:

DigitalDisney

Is the Tom Morrow bit really part of the CoP spiel? Yeah, they're played within 5 seconds of each other, but they're completely unrelated. In fact, the CoP spiel begins when you're about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way around the building.

TinkerBell9988

i heard it last time i was there, because that was the day CoP opened for the first time in march, (24). i was lucky, now it probably isnt there anymore...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Nansafan

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your answers. I feel much better now. We'll be down the last week of June and are looking forward to the ride and the fact that our favorite phrase is not gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom