Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

JimboJones123

I will miss you the most....

It would sure be cool to add a TRONlike room like the DL People mover had back in the 80s. It was a little thing, but added so much character to the attraction. Or maybe something in the dark dark Space Mountain area.

With Hogwarts Express opening, Peoplemover could easily turn into a star attraction in the same spirit with a pinch of work and imagination.

FigmentsFangirl

If it were up to me I'd bring back the voice overs from before the more recent refurb. The voices they have now are too quiet and most times around certain areas of the ride I cannot hear anything spoken. That and I open honestly to be able to see down again into the loading zone of Space Mountain, I miss that, hate the total darkness now in that part of the ride

AsanaDisney

Hooray! I hope this refurb can bring some needed love and improvement to one of my favorite rides in MK. When I rode at the end of October it sure looked like it was in need of some help!

Cmdr_Crimson

This refurb happens on the day I leave to go home........
giphy.gif

At least I'll get to ride it.. And PRAY To Jeebus that they bring back Pete Renaday to do a new Audio Spiel for The TTA!!

kcnole

I'm one of the weird ones who claims this as my favorite attraction in the MK. Its easy to load, lasts a long time, and simply has some beautiful and peaceful views. It does need a lot of work however and I'm extremely excited to see it getting it. I am hoping for much more than a simple refurb though. It definitely needs some new and inventive show scenes, better audio, lots of paint, and some work on the actual ride system.

WDWoptmist

I'm one of the weird ones who claims this as my favorite attraction in the MK. Its easy to load, lasts a long time, and simply has some beautiful and peaceful views. It does need a lot of work however and I'm extremely excited to see it getting it. I am hoping for much more than a simple refurb though. It definitely needs some new and inventive show scenes, better audio, lots of paint, and some work on the actual ride system.
not weird at all...I think it's weird if you DON'T love the TTA and you're right it needs some love right now soooo a refurb is more than welcome...during those 2 months I'll just have to ride the WDW Railroad a few extra times to get off my feet since TTA will be down lol :D

ToTBellHop

Told ya! :D Astro & COP will be getting some love next year too.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/astro-orbiter-and-tta-refurbishment-in-2014.863060/

The refurbishment is for building structure issues. There may be some other cleaning of the rest of the track, but don't expect much in terms of the ride experience.
Told ya? You mentioned a 6-month major refurb after NFL is completed. We are getting a 6-week refurb of the TTA while 7DMT will still be crawling to completion. Should be about enough time to change all of the lightbulbs and dust inside Space Mountain.

msteel

Told ya? You mentioned a 6-month major refurb after NFL is completed. We are getting a 6-week refurb of the TTA while 7DMT will still be crawling to completion. Should be about enough time to change all of the lightbulbs and dust inside Space Mountain.

I don't know. One member here with good track record on FLE dates said SDMT will be open Feb 7th. Since October the SDMT has been moving faster, and it now seems reasonable for it to be open by then.

ToTBellHop

I don't know. One member here with good track record on FLE dates said SDMT will be open Feb 7th. Since October the SDMT has been moving faster, and it now seems reasonable for it to be open by then.
I would be very surprised...though pleasantly-so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom