Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

coachwnh

anybody ever experience this dessert party.
Yes. We have done it a few times. I'm not a huge dessert fan, and I still enjoy it. My wife and kids love it! Its worth it for the view alone. We have it scheduled for Christmas night this year and I can't wait! Well worth it. You will get it to the area about an hour before Wishes begins. There is no need to line up early as seats are assigned. They will refill the dessert bars several times. You will have about 30 minutes after the show to hang out for those last minute desserts and coffee. Have fun!

docdebbi

I concur with the prior posters. even if you don't love desserts, the peace and quite are worth it. It actually is a rest period for us. No crowds, noise, chaos, jockeying for views, shuffling between folks, getting knocked over by folks/strollers/ecvs trying to get out of the park,etc.
NOW, to get to the desserts.........reason enough to go without any of the above reasons!!!!!!!

Just got back from WDW last Tuesday. Went to the dessert party on Monday night. Great position for watching the fireworks and the lack of crowds is FANTASTIC! However, my wife and I thought the desserts were lacking. The "cheesecakes" were kind of soupy, but among the best tasting items. The chocolate covered strawberries were fantastic, but they seemed kind of stingy in replenishing them. Overall, I think the position for watching the fireworks is worth the money, especially if you have kids. If you're going for the food, we thought it was definitely not worth the money.

Betsyboo

I've attended twice and both times were great experiences. Great desserts but it's really the view that counts. I've appreciated that the Disney Photopass is available here as I like to have pictures taken of our family while the castle changes colors. Makes for a great ending to the day.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Great sound like most enjoy it, I would like to do it on Valentines day for my family but were suppose to be in Epcot and end our trip on the 15th in Magic Kingdom. My wife always like to end the trip in the Magic Kingdom So I might have to do it on the 15th.:banghead:

rufio

Yes, we went last December and we LOVED it! We'll definitely be doing it again. The food was pretty good and the fireworks viewing was wonderful. I also have to recommend the Disney Food Blog's Illuminations dessert party. The desserts are SO much better and the interaction with other blog readers and the viewing spot are amazing, but they only do it twice per year.

coachwnh

I've attended twice and both times were great experiences. Great desserts but it's really the view that counts. I've appreciated that the Disney Photopass is available here as I like to have pictures taken of our family while the castle changes colors. Makes for a great ending to the day.
Don't think photo pass is there anymore. We were told they stopped this summer. We were bummed out by this. Have you gone since July?

coachwnh

Great sound like most enjoy it, I would like to do it on Valentines day for my family but were suppose to be in Epcot and end our trip on the 15th in Magic Kingdom. My wife always like to end the trip in the Magic Kingdom So I might have to do it on the 15th.:banghead:
We did valentines night this past February! We ate in France that night in Epcot then headed to MK for dessert. It's possible to do both !

PhilharMagician

Great desserts and plenty of them. We would plan our day by having a late lunch or early dinner and keeping it on the light side on the night we would do the dessert party because of the sheer amount of pastries, fruit, ice cream, coffee and other drinks is too much. Very tempting to keep going back and I cannot resist.

When you get there you already have assigned table for your group. Once you are checked in you can go up and get whatever you heart desires from the dessert selection. There are two identical tables of pastries and do not worry about them running out because they will fill them right back up again.

The best part of the Dessert Party is the quiet and calm are without 20,000 people fighting for the same spot. If you want to stand at the rail to get the best possible view of Wishes then you will need to get up about 1/2 hour before the fireworks start to hold that spot. Make sure you do look up to make sure where you are standing that the roof overhang will not block your view. In a few spots the roof overhang goes way out there and it will really block you from seeing the higher shots.

When the fireworks are over I would recommend sitting back down and relaxing for about 15 minutes because the rush of people leaving will be at it's max and in that little area it is quiet and protected from the chaos.

Enjoy the dessert party!

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Great desserts and plenty of them. We would plan our day by having a late lunch or early dinner and keeping it on the light side on the night we would do the dessert party because of the sheer amount of pastries, fruit, ice cream, coffee and other drinks is too much. Very tempting to keep going back and I cannot resist.

When you get there you already have assigned table for your group. Once you are checked in you can go up and get whatever you heart desires from the dessert selection. There are two identical tables of pastries and do not worry about them running out because they will fill them right back up again.

The best part of the Dessert Party is the quiet and calm are without 20,000 people fighting for the same spot. If you want to stand at the rail to get the best possible view of Wishes then you will need to get up about 1/2 hour before the fireworks start to hold that spot. Make sure you do look up to make sure where you are standing that the roof overhang will not block your view. In a few spots the roof overhang goes way out there and it will really block you from seeing the higher shots.

When the fireworks are over I would recommend sitting back down and relaxing for about 15 minutes because the rush of people leaving will be at it's max and in that little area it is quiet and protected from the chaos.

Enjoy the dessert party!
when the fireworks are over are you made to leave or do you still have the chance to try some desserts?

PhilharMagician

No joke. We did the party more then a few times and this July was the first without a photographer. They were there in Feb, but not the summer

I really think the photographer was in the way. The photographer tried to keep people away from the railing so they could get shots with the castle in the background. Many times people would push right in there and never move when he was trying to take pictures.

It was nice to have the option of Photopass, but it was not set up or controlled very well.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
I'm about to book it but I'm worry that our trip in Feb might be moved to march was hoping I wouldn't be charge a cancellation charge. Were driving from Nebraska and it can be quit snowy at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom