Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party

dopeylover

Does anyone know if you can book this for just a family of 4 or 5? On the old WDW website, the wording made it seem like it could only be booked as a group. Also, is it good?

Just wondering for our 2013 trip. Thanks!

HouCuseChickie

We did it last month and we were a party of 4. I know you can book it for parties as small as 1.

As far as good...we enjoyed it. The desserts were pretty tasty and quite plentiful. Tables area also assigned, so it's nice having 'your place' to sit and eat.

Everyone does crowd the rail come fireworks time, but there is plenty of space for everyone at the party to have a front row view on the rail...at least from our experience. My only real issue is that it's not my favorite vantage point for the show. i.e. you're a little bit off to one side of the castle. Still, it's a pretty nice view.

All in all, it's awesome to be able to avoid the insane crowds...which made it totally worth it in my opinion.

Upvote 0

jazzinator

Yes, you can have groups of 4 or 5 - we did it for my wife, our two boys and myself this past February. We really enjoyed it - the desserts were very good and not having to struggle for a view of the fireworks was very nice.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does anyone know if you can book this for just a family of 4 or 5? On the old WDW website, the wording made it seem like it could only be booked as a group. Also, is it good?

Last time I checked 4 woulds be no problem. We wre going to try this on upcoming trip but decided to go to BoG instead. Dh said he will watch his diet a little more closely this trip, he gained 9 lbs in 12 days last time.

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
We did it last month and we were a party of 4. I know you can book it for parties as small as 1.

As far as good...we enjoyed it. The desserts were pretty tasty and quite plentiful. Tables area also assigned, so it's nice having 'your place' to sit and eat.

Everyone does crowd the rail come fireworks time, but there is plenty of space for everyone at the party to have a front row view on the rail...at least from our experience. My only real issue is that it's not my favorite vantage point for the show. i.e. you're a little bit off to one side of the castle. Still, it's a pretty nice view.

All in all, it's awesome to be able to avoid the insane crowds...which made it totally worth it in my opinion.

What a beautiful picture! Good to hear from everyone it's worth it! I just thought it would be a nice way to end the night, and one less crowd to fight off-- I don't know what it is about parades and fireworks, but some people can be brutal!

Thanks for all the help!

Upvote 0

dopeylover

Original Poster
Last time I checked 4 woulds be no problem. We wre going to try this on upcoming trip but decided to go to BoG instead. Dh said he will watch his diet a little more closely this trip, he gained 9 lbs in 12 days last time.

Oh my goodness! I always think with all that walking around and sweating that I am sure to lose weight no matter how much I eat, and I am always wrong! It's so hard when you're in vacation mode and everything is delicious around you! Last time was May 2011, and the average temp was 93, and I thought w/ all the swimming, walking, and sweating I surely lost weight, and I actually gained 1.5 lbs.!

Upvote 0

paul436

This is something that is very marketable to me. I went with my family and my parents have a difficult time navigating through those big crowds. Being able to avoid that and relax until the crowds thinned out was well worth the price (plus the desserts were great too). But it's difficult to eat enough desserts to offset the cost.

Upvote 0

Magical.Animal

I tried this on my trip last January and have booked it again for this January because it was so great! I will be a party of 1 this time, as my trip begins 2 days before my husband's, lol! (He is a teacher chaperoning a school trip... The 3 days they are going are not enough for me, so I'm heading down alone 2 days before them!) so yes, any size party is ok :)

Upvote 0

hiptwinmama

We do it every year and often we have to call to make reservations. The website may say there are no ADR's available but often they just haven't been loaded in to the system. They usually get loaded about 2-3 months in advance, not 6 months like other ADR's

We love it, it is super fun and relaxing. Great to do when there are evening EM hours,

Upvote 0

WDWNooby

We attended this on our recent trip and I believe it was probably the best $50.00 spent at WDW. We had an incredible time. Ate more sweets than I care to think of. We were able to watch the parade from our seats then watch Tink fly right over our heads. I thought it was amazing.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

This is something that is very marketable to me. I went with my family and my parents have a difficult time navigating through those big crowds. Being able to avoid that and relax until the crowds thinned out was well worth the price (plus the desserts were great too). But it's difficult to eat enough desserts to offset the cost.

A lot of the food value depends on what you eat earlier in the day. We ate a very early dinner (i.e. 3:30ish- really more of a late lunch) and skipped dessert just so we'd be ready to have "DESSERT FOR DINNER." Let me just say, the little mango shooters up front in the pic here...DIVINE! Definitely tried to get our $'s worth with these babies!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/houcusechickie/8234008408/

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
I went into Guest Relations on Aug. 17, 2012 and made a same day ADR (!) for 4 for the TTDP. We would definitely consider this again. Not only does Tink flight right over your head, you are out of the crowd and don't have to worry about getting knocked over when Wishes is over. The desserts are excellent with unlimited beverage refills. You are provided with a bracelet to wear so that you are permitted back on the terrace after restroom breaks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom