Tomorrowland Station?

DisneySongbird

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I could have sworn that the Walt Disney World Railroad at one point had four stations total with a stop in Tomorrowland, but I cannot find any evidence that this station ever actually existed or that there were ever more than three.

I'm misremembering this, right? Misattributing the Tomorrowland Station on the Disneyland Railroad?

And regardless of the above, is there any particular reason why no such station exists or is planned to exist now? With the railroad out of commission due to Tron, this would've been a perfect time to throw down a platform and some improvised queue space.

Sharon&Susan

Basing the timing on watching a few ridethroughs on Youtube. The Disneyland Railroad takes around 2 minutes to get from the Toontown Station to the Tomorrowland Station, while it takes around an additional 3 minutes to get to Main Street. That's a total of five minutes to get from Toontown to Main Street at Disneyland.

It takes the Magic Kingdom Railroad around 3 minutes and a half to get from Storybook Circus to Main Street. Splitting that with a station in between would result in two short sections for the RR which really wouldn't be worth it. It would make far more sense to build a Tomorrowland Station if there was one in the back of Fantasyland like at DL instead of the equivalent of around where Autopia is.

Mickey5150

There was a separate path to Tomorrowland from the Fantasyland station. It went past the smoking section and is probably covered by Tron right now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I could have sworn that the Walt Disney World Railroad at one point had four stations total with a stop in Tomorrowland, but I cannot find any evidence that this station ever actually existed or that there were ever more than three.

I'm misremembering this, right? Misattributing the Tomorrowland Station on the Disneyland Railroad?

And regardless of the above, is there any particular reason why no such station exists or is planned to exist now? With the railroad out of commission due to Tron, this would've been a perfect time to throw down a platform and some improvised queue space.
It was planned but never built. Here’s a mock up I did of how it would have looked attached to the SM satellite building:

AFEAC39E-F25C-4F49-A667-F629A8952E39.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom