News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

Take it with a grain of salt, but there’s a rumor that the new roadbed/track was built up higher than normal and now the WDWRR can’t clear one of the tunnels. (not sure if it’s Pirates or Splash)
Then they must have changed the grade quite a bit. I would hate to find out how they figured this out if true. Hopefully no incidents. I would like to think this is just a rumor because it will be a lot of work to fix.

TrainsOfDisney

Take it with a grain of salt, but there’s a rumor that the new roadbed/track was built up higher than normal and now the WDWRR can’t clear one of the tunnels. (not sure if it’s Pirates or Splash)
Do either of wdw tunnels have ballast? I’m almost certain the splash tunnel is ties directly on concrete.

orky8

Do either of wdw tunnels have ballast? I’m almost certain the splash tunnel is ties directly on concrete.
Looks like concrete -- here is a google image coming out of the pirate tunnel: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.416...4!1sNe19kiiMO-tndjZaRhcTzQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

And here is Splash: https://www.google.com/maps/@28.419...4!1sDH_yKPFYnf16v8NdDHr5eg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

So, seems this rumor is probably bunk. Hopefully those links work. Best images I could find.

Captain Barbossa

Then they must have changed the grade quite a bit. I would hate to find out how they figured this out if true. Hopefully no incidents. I would like to think this is just a rumor because it will be a lot of work to fix.
I honestly hope this isn’t true, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it isn’t, but while I remind myself of other stupid construction screwups at WDW over the last several years, I also wouldn’t be surprised if it is true, sadly.

In terms of how they found out (if it is true), I’m sure it was nothing more than simply measuring from the top of the opening of the tunnel to the rail.

No ballast in either tunnel.

DisAl

If the track is on concrete rather than ballast in the tunnels (don't remember and have been through them hundreds of times....) then this is probably a rumor.
However, stranger things have happened.....
1621565682086.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom