News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

..... Or that even remember it’s the MKs 50th. This 50th celebration is going to be quite the disappointment compared to DLs. Sighhhhh
Disneyland’s really was not much either. It was a lot of needed clean up. The big new thing was Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters. Overlays amounted to original attractions getting a gold vehicle. Walt Disney World received more in terms of stuff than Disneyland.

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland’s really was not much either. It was a lot of needed clean up. The big new thing was Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters. Overlays amounted to original attractions getting a gold vehicle. Walt Disney World received more in terms of stuff than Disneyland.
Total rebuild of space mountain, complete refresh of tiki room, a true e-ticket fireworks show (the best there will ever be... prove me wrong!) and a really fantastic brand new parade.

lazyboy97o

Total rebuild of space mountain, complete refresh of tiki room, a true e-ticket fireworks show (the best there will ever be... prove me wrong!) and a really fantastic brand new parade.
It’s now worse, but new shows and parades used to just be a thing so they didn’t stand out in my memory. Space Mountain literally fell apart so I don’t really count that since it had to happen although there was the push to get it open by the 17th. I’d place the Enchanted Tiki Room into the general focus on upkeep that was new. The change in attitude was desperately needed for the park but I’d still say that was the big thing the park received for its 50th, and a marketing machine that I’m not sure Disney could pull off today.

yensidtlaw1969

Honestly, if every attraction at the Magic Kingdom got the cleanup that DL got for its 50th it would be monumental for the park.

Obviously it both needs and deserves more for its Golden Anniversary, but the difference that was made at DL by that alone really can't be overstated. The park went from rags to riches.

It really is too, too bad that isn't happening at the Magic Kingdom.

FigmentsFangirl

Do we have any news concerning the return of the Walt Disney World RR ? With the expected downtime on the TRON coaster, is the downtime to also affect the track replacement for the WDWRR ? Or is that also in limbo ?

cjkeating

This is also what DLP did for its 25th and has continued to do leading up to the 30th (2022). It's arguably in better shape than MK now.

Having visited both in the last 2 years, I would agree with this assessment.

Just to third this... when I visited MK in late 2019 I couldn't believe how dated some of the attractions felt. What immediately comes to mind was how poor IASW and Haunted Mansion were lit when compared to their recently refurbished DLP equivalents. It's amazing how LED lights done correctly can breathe new life into attractions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just to third this... when I visited MK in late 2019 I couldn't believe how dated some of the attractions felt. What immediately comes to mind was how poor IASW and Haunted Mansion were lit when compared to their recently refurbished DLP equivalents. It's amazing how LED lights done correctly can breathe new life into attractions.
Wait until you see the year long refurbishment of Buzz Lightyear in DLP.

Kane88

To their defense- it may not be best to celebrate during the middle of a pandemic- probably falls under “Bad Form”.
Choices in today’s climate are tough....
I mean ESPN did away with the MNF theme song because a song about having “all my rowdy friends” over for Monday Night Football they thought was tacky...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom