News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

raymusiccity

IMO, WDW missed an oppprtunity here. How about new reimagined vehicles? Something more fitted with TL, I don't know, like rockets or mini Mars rovers for example.
Instead, they chose the cheaper, easier route.

Also address the fumes and noise issues.

The basic scope of the ride would remain unchanged giving fans a refreshed experience.

I've never heard anyone complain about the 'fumes' as they walk by the Speedway........on the other hand, there are those NASCAR fans.....
download.jpg

rle4lunch

Indeed. The Contemporary wasn’t just randomly placed where it was.

Out of all the mk resorts, the Contemporary has turned from a pseudo futuristic (by 1970's standards) look, to pretty much an Ikea designed UK Holiday Inn... I wish I could like it more, but it's just meh. The only thing 'cool' about it is the monorail passthru and its physical location. We stayed at BLT last month, and while the room was nice and all, it just feels, so, contemporary, lol. The resort scent blasting thru the lobby is nearly overpowering, as if the resort is overcompensating for its lack of 'it factor'.

But we solved that problem by buying resale at Poly, so we'll still be on the monorail loop for our youngsters.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Captain Barbossa

I’ve heard a few things but Roger is in pieces and will leave Wednesday. Hopeful WED will be back by December.
That honestly surprises me. Unless they’ve completed restoration on some locomotives, the shops at Strasburg are packed. I wouldn’t think that they’d be able to get to Roger until Walter is finished. Who knows. Keep your eyes peeled on Wednesday then.

GlacierGlacier

What sections on the west side were renovated? Didn't hear that they were doing work on that side.
From what I can tell, all the tracks were replaced on the west side, with the exception of maybe the frontierland station and splash mountain tunnel. I've seen evidence of rail construction all the way back to the north side of Rivers of America.

But I could be wrong. I do not have much WDW rail knowledge.

TrainsOfDisney

That honestly surprises me. Unless they’ve completed restoration on some locomotives, the shops at Strasburg are packed. I wouldn’t think that they’d be able to get to Roger until Walter is finished. Who knows. Keep your eyes peeled on Wednesday then.

I think RGS #20 is back in Colorado now. So that would free up 1 narrow gauge engine space! Ha.

gerarar

Premium Member
I posted this in the main TRON thread, but in the updated concept art we received on Thursday, we can now see what Disney's plans are for the WDW Railroad and (maybe) Speedway.

As we can see, the Railroad will still be going under the TRON canopy, but now through a dedicated tunnel. I would imagine the tunnel have some type of projections or screens, along with narration. This will probably also suppress any noise coming from the trains to keep the TRON area as quiet(?) in a way.
As for the Speedway, it is not shown in the new concept art. Now I believe this is just a placeholder as Disney will probably reveal their plans for it down the road. The evidence of trees/shrubs in its place is just to shine away focus from it...for now.
(again old concept art on bottom, new on top)

rle4lunch

I posted this in the main TRON thread, but in the updated concept art we received on Thursday, we can now see what Disney's plans are for the WDW Railroad and (maybe) Speedway.

As we can see, the Railroad will still be going under the TRON canopy, but now through a dedicated tunnel. I would imagine the tunnel have some type of projections or screens, along with narration. This will probably also suppress any noise coming from the trains to keep the TRON area as quiet(?) in a way.
As for the Speedway, it is not shown in the new concept art. Now I believe this is just a placeholder as Disney will probably reveal their plans for it down the road. The evidence of trees/shrubs in its place is just to shine away focus from it...for now.
(again old concept art on bottom, new on top)
View attachment 400947
View attachment 400948

At least the artist included the box in the updated artwork. However I don't see jack for an update on the Speedway in the new shot. The second pic is a year old.

ppete1975

if you look at the view that its captured at, there wouldn't be the speedway there. If you look at the curved walkway and look at the original picture where the curved walkway is there was always trees there.
Excited to see what they do with the train, Disneyland does some really cool things with theirs.

tomast

An
if you look at the view that its captured at, there wouldn't be the speedway there. If you look at the curved walkway and look at the original picture where the curved walkway is there was always trees there.
Excited to see what they do with the train, Disneyland does some really cool things with theirs.
And they seem to have remove the Tron name and the stair that moves you to the second floor, and the second floor path seems to come from further away now..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom