News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

IMDREW

Tokyo is getting...bleh....a Big Hero 6 themed version of Alien Swirling Saucers....a bit disappointing to me.

I don't think they'll have a Big Hero 6 themed area there, but I wonder about the replacement for Star Tours in DHS
Oh I know their use of the IP is dissappointing, but I’m afraid anything going into the old Stitch building will be dissappointing with the limited space they have. Big Hero 6 just seems like the best fit imo for Tomorrowland atm.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I can think of a few things they could do with the Stitch space, including VR experiences.

Also: Star Tours being Indy bound, so they're going to tear it down and build a Forbidden Eye like ride?

Last edited:

halltd

Looking at where they cut off the track and the trees that were left, it doesn't look like there will be a major change to the track.

The trees with the construction fencing around them don't appear to have been "left". They appear to have been transplanted there. Most of them appear to be right where the track was, so yes, the track would have to be amended.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The trees with the construction fencing around them don't appear to have been "left". They appear to have been transplanted there. Most of them appear to be right where the track was, so yes, the track would have to be amended.

Unless they are going to do more demolition, it looks like this would be the new route which isn't much different then the old one.

GlacierGlacier

With track on both sides of the Main Street station being gone (at some point along the path) the train up front right now is most definitely staying up front for a bit.

It amuses me that the train is kinda just stuck up there on it's own little island of track, not connected to any larger system.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Tokyo is getting...bleh....a Big Hero 6 themed version of Alien Swirling Saucers....a bit disappointing to me.

I don't think they'll have a Big Hero 6 themed area there, but I wonder about the replacement for Star Tours in DHS

Ugh Alien SS.....don't abbreviate....:angelic:.....was the worst use of a fastpass I ever made.....jerky, short and just not a ride again ever in my book and I can't say that about anything else besides Stitch......:joyfull:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Don't take this as gospel, I just think that's the most economical (and latest Disney trend) way to do a "quick" add to a new miniland.

The only problem I see is that it still puts crowds on that section of the park, and the only other new thing, Runaway Railway is in the middle of the park, not too far from there. They really could use something new on Sunset Blvd.

Kman101

If it has to stay, at least give it a Cars retheme ?

Supposedly it will be TRON related, but time will tell if they actually do it. That helps. But it just seems like a waste of space for such a small track that basically circles around and you're done. Disneyland and Paris have superior tracks that to me are worth keeping around. Tokyo, I believe, was similar to ours and there's likely a reason it's gone ;)

RSoxNo1

The speedway isn’t large enough to be a fun speedway but it’s a big enough plot of land to build some attractions on. It’s time to bulldoze it and build an e ticket dark ride or something.
The move should have been weaving a speedway style attraction in and around Slinky Dog. It would have moved a C ticket to a park in need of those types of attractions and opened up a significant chunk of land in the Magic Kingdom adjacent to Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom