News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

tparris

Speaking of which, Stitch wasn't mentioned on the People mover. Nor Monster's Inc. And I'm pretty certain they didn't mention the speedway either. It was quite odd.
Could be an issue with the spiel. Almost every time I ride the PeopleMover (which is a lot, some of the CM’s remember me) there’s always at least one part of the narration missing. For example last June the Progress City and Buzz Lightyear tunnels were completely silent.

FigmentJedi

It would've made too much sense to plus an attraction while it was down for an extended period of time. That said, as much as I like the dioramas at DL and appreciate their history, thematically speaking, it's an odd juxtaposition of themes.... Tomorrowland Station, Grand Canyon, dinosaurs, Main Street USA. Quiet the gamut.
You've never heard of a time traveling train before?
back-to-the-future-time-train.jpg

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes some of the track has been removed. but they may have done that just to provide a way to move construction equipment into the race track area.

They are going to replace ALL of the ties and track with this shutdown....one can see the track already ripped out towards Frontierland from the Mainstreet station....and big piles of composite ties can be seen when riding BTMRR. They will not suggest an opening date for railroad....its a huge project!:happy: And it is highly likely that Walter E will come back to the Magic Kingdom before the tracks are finished and operational.... The railroad was much missed during our recent trip and crowds were high, the traffic the train helps handle in navigating was noticeable....and with one pathway around the castle closed due to a crane parked there all week made things even more congested around the kingdom. :angelic:

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
There are a lot more composite and wood ties back by the "roundhouse".....2 separate engineers told me they had replaced sections of track in fantasyland last, but were going to redo the entire line, not themselves but a different unit, I had to wonder if they had anticipated needing the fantasyland trackage to continue the tours. We did the Magic Behind the Steam Trains tour last week and it was fun. 🆒

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They did a lecture at main street station before park opened.....and explained the differences of the 4 locomotives and their history. Then we walked through empty park to board. To ME that was truly priceless.....🆒 The tour engineer was very informative and knew most of his stuff....we caught a few errors but what was most interesting was the detailed explanation of their day and jobs, and the knowledge of the checks they must do before they enter the park. When back at park we got a history lesson of Walts fascination with trains in the far yellow circus tent behind station....which was very thorough....we even learned some things! Took a lot of questions from a few railfans....and my railfan was very happy. Even though we were all bummed not to be able to ride throughout our stay, we did get that little ride and it was definitely worth the time and money.
:happy::happy::happy:

Last edited:

IMDREW

Has Big Hero 6 been in talks as a Stich replacement yet? I think it would fit quite nicely in Tomorrowland and Tokyo is already adding a ride there, so I thought maybe they's want to put the IP also in MK.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Has Big Hero 6 been in talks as a Stich replacement yet? I think it would fit quite nicely in Tomorrowland and Tokyo is already adding a ride there, so I thought maybe they's want to put the IP also in MK.

Tokyo is getting...bleh....a Big Hero 6 themed version of Alien Swirling Saucers....a bit disappointing to me.

I don't think they'll have a Big Hero 6 themed area there, but I wonder about the replacement for Star Tours in DHS

rle4lunch

Tokyo is getting...bleh....a Big Hero 6 themed version of Alien Swirling Saucers....a bit disappointing to me.

I don't think they'll have a Big Hero 6 themed area there, but I wonder about the replacement for Star Tours in DHS
Nah, Star Tours is Indy bound.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom