News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

GlacierGlacier

What will the speedway route look like? How much is getting cut off?
This is not known. We only know the area that is currently demolished for construction. It is possible there are no changes made and the road appears where it once was, just with a bit of Tron above it. It is also possible they just cut the route down to nothing. At this point, we know pretty little about the future of the speedway.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's very clear in the permits that they're expanding the retention pond. It's been mentioned before in this thread. I posted it on bioreconstruct's Twitter account.

It's info that doesn't seem to want to stick in people's mind every time they see the construction there.

Correct...

1545961641448.png

SteamboatJoe

It would've made too much sense to plus an attraction while it was down for an extended period of time. That said, as much as I like the dioramas at DL and appreciate their history, thematically speaking, it's an odd juxtaposition of themes.... Tomorrowland Station, Grand Canyon, dinosaurs, Main Street USA. Quiet the gamut.

Bocabear

Weren't the Hong Kong vehicles electric?
Yes they were...I was thinking the same thing years ago when they mothballed the speedway there...but they never showed up here... I am hoping they will change to electric and add set decor to the route to make it really an attraction....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
An upgrade to an electric speedway isn't happening any time soon.

It is simply much hard to do and maintain than ICE vehicles.
Yes they were...I was thinking the same thing years ago when they mothballed the speedway there...but they never showed up here... I am hoping they will change to electric and add set decor to the route to make it really an attraction....
The fact Tokyo’s cars are in Orlando sadly says electric in WDW wont be in the short term.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Tom Bricker is speculating via Bioconstruct that a dinosaur diorama (the dinosaurs from UoE) is being installed at MK because tracks are being flattened out.

I think this rumor gained legs because of construction on the other side of Space Mountain, but we know that is for storm water control. The water management permits would need to show a new building, which they don't. This is just a wild guess by Bioreconstruct, no evidence to support it.

montyz81

The fact Tokyo’s cars are in Orlando sadly says electric in WDW wont be in the short term.
Tokyo's cars are the ones being used now or about to be used? (Sorry for my ignorance, this is one ride I can say I haven't spent a great deal of time learning about its history.

Mat Cauthon

Unless there's a dance party, or you're sitting underneath the PeopleMover hearing the same line repeated over and over again.
I'm sitting at my desk at work eating a sandwich for lunch, we had freezing rain last night and it's currently 18 feels like 7 outside. I will gladly trade all of that for MK Dance Party and repeated PeopleMover lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom