News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

jt04

By no means I am the creative decision maker that many in house people at Disney Imagineering, but there are some operational issues that could have been a part of many projects under Iger.

Putting in a Go Kart type ride in Toy Story Land would allow for the removal of the Speedway where that land could be much better utilized.

I said this when Toy Story was announced and well before they announced the Tron coaster. I'm certainly at the point where I think there are fans that understand park operations and needs better than the executives writing the checks.

True.

By the way, I don't think a mini-Carsland has been taken off the table for DHS so that would have been redundant.

Your idea might better fit Future World 2.0 if it got a retheme.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
By no means I am the creative decision maker that many in house people at Disney Imagineering, but there are some operational issues that could have been a part of many projects under Iger.

Putting in a Go Kart type ride in Toy Story Land would allow for the removal of the Speedway where that land could be much better utilized.

I said this when Toy Story was announced and well before they announced the Tron coaster. I'm certainly at the point where I think there are fans that understand park operations and needs better than the executives writing the checks.

The idea of a Toy Story land where you 'ride the toys' could have been its own 5th gate...

RSoxNo1

The idea of a Toy Story land where you 'ride the toys' could have been its own 5th gate...
I don't know about that. Personally, I'm not in love with Toy Story as a land concept. I don't think it's architectural or environmental interesting compared to some of the other movie based lands that have been created. Oversized props is less interesting to me than unique architecture or rockwork.

twilight mitsuk

I think I have an answer. While the idea would be great, the reason you don't see this done is because if someone loses something on a coaster it can hit someone below.

This is why the attractions being placed inside the helix of California Screamin have covered queues and rides. It is also why Dualing Dragons stopped dualing. And they have that ugly net hanging off of the Hulk Coaster.

They need to make the raceway an indoor attraction. Creates a greater sense of speed and easier to electrify. See Andretti carts.
Manta at sw has those nets

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I visited Dollywood earlier this year and their car ride is automated and it seemed to work quite well. They loaded vehicles one-by-one like a dark ride which seemed to help keep the line moving. They had booster seats that let little kids see above the steering wheel. There was no gas pedal, but that’s irrelevant for the shorter kids who cannot reach. There was a “radio” that was synced to the ride and focus seemed more on the experience versus not rear ending the person in front of you. It was really surprising at how well it worked without the reason that is given for such rides to exist.
I just rode this last week. It was great fun!
I was also surprised to learn that all three of us in our party were listening to totally different Christmas songs in our individual cars.

I would absolutely ride Dollywood’s again. In more than 40 days spent at MK since 1991, I have only ridden the TS twice, the last time being in 2003.

314F8626-3D95-4433-9CE9-8D135EC3007B.jpeg

Admiral01

Premium Member
If it is closed for 2+ years, I would hope they use that time to improve the experience -- no reason they cannot add some show scenes along the way. The long boring portion between Frontierland and Fantasyland could really use a Grand Canyon diorama...

Been thinking this for a long time...And it would go great with those Dino animatronics they just removed from the Universe of Energy.

jt04

Those nets are so noticable that you didn't realize they had any until someone pointed it out 😂

I had never seen the inside queue before. I mean if there have to be nets those are well engineered. I'd prefer glass tunnels or arches over the queues or something. More futurey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom