News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

KrazyKat

Make the speedway part outdoors and part dark ride with a new building you go into. I know we have TT but make this different with 2 seats. Just make it fit in with TOMORROWLAND!
xc_32_dwn_29_2014_hres.jpg
blu-neon-highway.jpg
45c60b358a41ae4f09987a32eba9622e.jpg

Bocabear

Make the speedway part outdoors and part dark ride with a new building you go into. I know we have TT but make this different with 2 seats. Just make it fit in with TOMORROWLAND!View attachment 337862View attachment 337863View attachment 337864
YES! Above all finally and once and for all, make the Speedway fit the tomorrowland theme... Futuristic cars, show scenes,special effects... Make it worthy of a Disney theme park... Not just a slow go-cart on a rail.

Clamman73

I mean....if they’re switching to paper straws, let’s further this lesser environmental impact by saying the cars “run” on solar from the new farm, ie they’re charged from the sun.

lazyboy97o

Self driving cars that take you through the Tomorrowland's land...Sort of like a TTA on the ground. That would be kinda neat.
Every ride is a self-driving car.

What makes the Speedway unique (and popular to this day) is that kids drive it themselves.
I visited Dollywood earlier this year and their car ride is automated and it seemed to work quite well. They loaded vehicles one-by-one like a dark ride which seemed to help keep the line moving. They had booster seats that let little kids see above the steering wheel. There was no gas pedal, but that’s irrelevant for the shorter kids who cannot reach. There was a “radio” that was synced to the ride and focus seemed more on the experience versus not rear ending the person in front of you. It was really surprising at how well it worked without the reason that is given for such rides to exist.

JoeCamel

They probably would not enjoy the fuel oil smoke from the locomotives inside Tron either.
You know all these boiler replacements they have been doing. They are really shoving them full of batteries and a state of the art sound system with computer control to mimic the sound and feel of a steam engine. Really cool tech. Welcome to Tomorrowland!

bcoachable

I visited Dollywood earlier this year and their car ride is automated and it seemed to work quite well. They loaded vehicles one-by-one like a dark ride which seemed to help keep the line moving. They had booster seats that let little kids see above the steering wheel. There was no gas pedal, but that’s irrelevant for the shorter kids who cannot reach. There was a “radio” that was synced to the ride and focus seemed more on the experience versus not rear ending the person in front of you. It was really surprising at how well it worked without the reason that is given for such rides to exist.
The Herschend family does the theme park world very well... their parks may fly under the radar a bit, but I would put Silver Dollar City and Dollywood on a must do, for those that want a great THEME park adventure.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There's (more) photos of the speedway track ripped up on the site that shall not be named..

I had my first ever driving memories on this attraction, but it will be interesting to see what's going to end up with this refurbishment. View attachment 339726

Tearing up Speedway with construction equipment. Now *that's* an E-Ticket ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom