News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Captain Barbossa

They can't reverse back because the engine is in the front and would have to push all of the cars for a very long distance.
That’s not necessarily true. They ran in reverse when Splash was being built. And they wouldn’t be running the locomotives in reverse for a “very long distance”. Fantasyland Station to Frontierland Station would be the longest, and that’s still pretty short. (about 4 mins)

In order to reverse it they would basically have to have an engine on both ends of the train.
Once again, not necessarily true. But if it was, that’d be a no can do. Non of the locomotives have air hoses at the front.

Last edited:

bigorangeandy

Speedway is a ride that the youngsters and tweens seem to really like. I remember when my kids were not yet teenagers and they really enjoyed riding the speedway, it gave them a chance to drive, with no one with them. Check the wait time on the app and see where the wait for Speedway is, it might surprise you.

Kman101

So, with the RR going down as has been expected, is there any chance that the ride will get some show scenes along the way? I feel like WDW1974 and others had implied that some improvements to the RR were coming as part of the plans for the 50th.

Let's hope! I imagine it's going to be down quite a while so the opportunity is there. I hope they take it. But it could easily be seen by them as "unnecessary", too (when in reality, they should want to do these things because they can, not because they have to). I'm trying really hard to give them the benefit of the doubt but I still worry about their old habits which they can't quite seem to kick ...

ThemeParkTraveller

So, with the RR going down as has been expected, is there any chance that the ride will get some show scenes along the way? I feel like WDW1974 and others had implied that some improvements to the RR were coming as part of the plans for the 50th.

Now that Universe of Energy is gone, I'd love to see the Primeval World scene come to the railroad. They could reuse a lot of those assets if they still have them.

Rk2k5

Wow that’s disappointing that the speedway is not getting its retheme.
I’m surprised too especially bc it showed a re-theme in the concept art of tron I thought it in it but maybe since then they have decided to like change their plans or something like that.

RobotWolf

Now that Universe of Energy is gone, I'd love to see the Primeval World scene come to the railroad. They could reuse a lot of those assets if they still have them.

I really did not like any of the Disneyland indoor railroad sequences. There's a lot of great lighting in there. But the scenes still come off as very flat.

I agree with the aesthetic that unthemed rollercoasters are bad. But on the opposite side of that spectrum is a highly themed steam locomotive that goes through a dinosaur scene.

memethyst

i don't care if they get rid of speedway or leave it. as long as they refurb/replace it with something that fits the theming of tomorrowland, i'll be fine.

tl77

What are people expecting from a re-theme of the Speedway? adding lights to the track and maybe a new entrance building/queue area? That shouldn't take too long, and new cars would be coming from some where off site

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom