News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

JohnD

Do we know this for certain? Or at the very least, do we know the retheme is now off the table?

If you want to measure the distance, "be my guest". But if you insist, it's likely to make the track shorter. There is a possibility the track distance will remain the same no matter how they adjust the track. But making the track distance longer? No.

ppete1975

so glad its staying, I know I seem to be in the minority but for kids this is an amazing ride. Id love to see electric but I'm happy as long as it stays.
Notice the word usage though.... "It will reopen as the same attraction"
that doesn't mean changes wont be made, just that its a car going around a track. So that vague comment leaves the door open.

peter11435

It's disappointing they're keeping the speedway. This will be the second adjustment, again making it smaller. The first was to pare it down because of the new circus area in NFL.

That wasn’t the first. And this is not the second. The speedway has been adjusted several times now.

Edit: I see Martin already posted this

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It would be interesting to know if they can run backwards..
They did it in 1991/2 during Splash Mountain Construction.
Could this just be the first phase like others have mentioned. Tron isn't due for opening for another 3 years, it could be quite possible they updated the Speedway at another point in those 3 years, no?
Quite possible.

clemmo

Yeah I don't think this has any influence on whether or not the speedway gets rethemed. Hopefully it is still likely though.

THE Monorail Lime

I was driving behind a very gassy truck the other day, and thought to myself “Where is this smell taking me to? Oh right- the Speedway.” Electric cars would be such an improvement to the park.
Yes electric cars would be a major improvement to the tomorrowland Speedway the Q always smells really bad, on the bright side at least the smells help with the theme?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom