News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

arich35

Those folks who paid big bucks to stay at WDW for Christmas will be teased having to only WATCH the WDW RR creep around the track and not be able to ride it.

I guess these same folks will need to return to WDW for spring break 2023 to actually ride it.

Disney wins again.
We were there for nearly 2 weeks and it was running a lot, our 3 year old kept saying she wanted to go on.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Opening is imminent.
suprise.gif

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I just really hope they added a backstory to the train.

Ask and ye shall receive!

"Fresh from the keyboards of Disney's DEI and PR departments, soon to be available as a coffee table book for only $59.99 at Amazon.com, it's "The Story of Walt Disney World Trains"! Read about the magical ways Walt Disney World trains have helped guests make magical memories over the years. Relish the unmatched dream-making capabilities of Disney to modernize the train experience to help guests all ages, colors, and races continue to make those memories for generations to come."

dreday3

All my trips to WDW, we've never been on the train, even as a child. My husband always liked the one in Disneyland (he grew up there).
Now I feel like we have to ride it with this build up, but I also feel it can never live up to my expectations. 😂

TrainsOfDisney

When I worked at a steam railroad in the NE, we had to have state licenses in the operations of boilers.
Probably a state requirement, not National. The steam railroad I worked on did not require it.

I think California might because I do notice that it’s always a maintenance CM actually operating the steamboat in California.

_caleb

In my talking with a MK CM the other day about when the railroad will reopen - she was being trained as a conductor, after first considering being an engineer/fireman. She said that she didn't know when it will reopen, not do any of the team leads.

What was interesting is when I asked about the training to be an engineer/fireman, I asked if they needed to be licensed. When I worked at a steam railroad in the NE, we had to have state licenses in the operations of boilers. She said there wasn't any state licensing requirements, that the engineers/fireman undergo local training, with no test.
Probably a state requirement, not National. The steam railroad I worked on did not require it.

I think California might because I do notice that it’s always a maintenance CM actually operating the steamboat in California.
Great. Now I fully expect to see an article on another fan site with the headline, "Disney Reopens MK's Railroad Using Unlicensed Engineers!"

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's the deal with the Tron Track audio before and through the Tron tunnel? I would have rather had the same narrator, "Now we're comin' up on a new fangled bicycle train. I hear tell it goes X mph" or something like that?
It's the train's fault for time traveling. It gets the narrative interruption it deserves for not heeding the laws of God.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom