News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

This should have been an opportunity to have upgraded to electric cars with LED lighting on them like Tron, and a lot of stylish set pieces and topography changes...if they are keeping a speedway, time to make it something special as it should be in the Magic Kingdom... Or add a speedway attraction around the Test Track pavilion in Epcot where it would make sense, and develop this area for new attractions...
Peter Pan and Neverland Miniland? with a new double tracked expanded ride?

Andrew M

We aren’t talking about a normal slip, that will happen from time to time on any railroad. But not properly reacting to that slip is bad for the tracks, the locomotives, and is potentially dangerous. We don’t want to have a blown piston and then have management say “there is steam under pressure!? What! Switch to electric immediately!”
Don't get me wrong I completely agree, I'm just willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now since they are training brand new CMs who look like they've had very little throttle time. I'd imagine any of us would probably have the same result on the first couple of tries. Hopefully she learns from her mistakes quickly.

Skibum1970

This should have been an opportunity to have upgraded to electric cars with LED lighting on them like Tron, and a lot of stylish set pieces and topography changes...if they are keeping a speedway, time to make it something special as it should be in the Magic Kingdom... Or add a speedway attraction around the Test Track pavilion in Epcot where it would make sense, and develop this area for new attractions...

I have always thought a "Highways of Tomorrow" with tongue-in-cheek humor would be awesome (similar but better than World of Motion). Enclosing the speedway or giving it tunnels and more set pieces would be okay but still results in a shorter track and stinky exhaust. EV vehicles with a rerouting of the track would also work.

Regarding the train, I'm going in February and it would be so nice to be able to ride it yet again.

Disstevefan1

It would be super expensive upgrade to go with EVs!
TWDC needs the money to make forgettable content for D+

Bocabear

Hong Kong Disneyland opened with a speedway, all electric, whimsical futuristic looking cars, cute set pieces... it was razed to make room for Small World when they realized the Chinese people wanted more rides...not just shops and restaurants a-la-California Adventure Version 1
I wonder what happened to all of their cars etc...

JoeCamel

Don't get me wrong I completely agree, I'm just willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now since they are training brand new CMs who look like they've had very little throttle time. I'd imagine any of us would probably have the same result on the first couple of tries. Hopefully she learns from her mistakes quickly.
She may be a Florida native who has never learned to drive on snow and ice or just someone not used to having that kind of power in the palm of their hand like trying to drive a drag car on the slick

_caleb

Hong Kong Disneyland opened with a speedway, all electric, whimsical futuristic looking cars, cute set pieces... it was razed to make room for Small World when they realized the Chinese people wanted more rides...not just shops and restaurants a-la-California Adventure Version 1
I agree. Going with Hong Kong’s approach would have MINIMAL effect on ride.

Add some LED ground effect lighting and futuristic “engine” notes, and I think it would be good upgrade that better fits Tomorrowland.

Disney Analyst

I like Disneyland's Autopia, as it has a varied fun course, and scenic elements along the route. It just needs some new cars and more plussing.

But it definitely sores above MK's Speedway....

Bocabear

Magic Kingdom's Speedway is the worst example of that ride that exists...I am baffled that it has never been plussed and redressed...especially after the course changes over the years making it smaller and smaller... At least make it engaging... If WDW keeps touting about how they are "all about storytelling"....add one to this stripped down lackluster attraction that takes up the most space in the park...now that it has a backdrop of Tron, they have a good start...just do something with it...

gorillaball

Saw new pics today of RR with caption of "...return later this year". Have I missed when that is or if its confirmed?
Looks at calendar and sees it's Dec 8 :bored:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Walt Disney World Railroad testing - December 6 2022​

Walt-Disney-World-Railroad_Full_49594.jpg

Disstevefan1

“Planned return”.
Plans are made to be changed.

Sincerely, I hope the folks paying the big bucks to be there during Christmas week will get to ride the train.

It’s been closed TOO LONG!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom