News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

nickys

Premium Member
Weren't they hiring CMs for the railroad a month or so ago? I'm not sure how CM positions go i.e. hired on job not ready go to Dumbo type deal. But surely they wouldn't want to keep CMs on hand without it operating too long would they?
It’s happened before since re-opening.

The HDDR cast were redeployed elsewhere until the show rehearsals started in earnest. And I’m sure there are other examples too.

EricsBiscuit

The biggest hurdle for reopening the railroad is staffing. I wouldn’t be surprised if it reopened with only one or two stations. At DLP only Main Street and Frontierland stations are open so it wouldn’t be unprecedented.

ToTBellHop

The biggest hurdle for reopening the railroad is staffing. I wouldn’t be surprised if it reopened with only one or two stations. At DLP only Main Street and Frontierland stations are open so it wouldn’t be unprecedented.
That is a non-starter for WDW. Our guests could neither understand nor follow a direction like “Fantasyland station is closed. We are going to stop there but do not get off the train.”

G00fyDad

Chip n co reported the rails are laid in the tunnel!
CHOO CHOO!!!
Choo Choo GIF

Disney Analyst

Are they really going to keep the railroad closed until Tron opens? Seems like they could have it opened before Thanksgiving if they really wanted to.

I doubt they can open the RR until construction workers are finished outdoors.

So while it should be able to open before Tron opens, it would be dependant on when that area is no longer an active construction site.

JoeCamel

I doubt they can open the RR until construction workers are finished outdoors.

So while it should be able to open before Tron opens, it would be dependant on when that area is no longer an active construction site.
Right, hardscape and landscape done then the choo choo can choo choo.
They are still pouring concrete so they need access for the equipment

Disney Analyst

Right, hardscape and landscape done then the choo choo can choo choo.
They are still pouring concrete so they need access for the equipment

Exactly. Once the outside looks finished, I assume they can open the RR.

Whether they do or not, is another question.

Unsure if anyone knows of an internal projection?

James Alucobond

On the plus side, landscaping continues to progress. Looks like they placed two additional large trees today between the railroad and the backstage electrical station.

tparris

Sometimes I look at these photos and say to myself: "Looks like things are moving along nicely" but then I remember that they built Disneyland in just about a year, and I go back to being miffed.
Not to mention they built the entirety of Magic Kingdom including the Utilidors and the surrounding areas and resorts in less time than it’s taken them to build Tron.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom