Tomorrowland Skyway Building!

dumboflyer

Original Poster
Any guesses on what will happen to the old Tomorrowland Skyway Building? It is between Space Mtn and Caroussel of Progress. Obviously it used to house the end of the skyway but it also has bathrooms and it used to have a giftshop.

NOW it is just bathrooms! The ceiling fans and lights are running up by the skyway landing....why? I doubt anything is planned for now, but what is going to happen in 5 years? 10 years? The building looks gross!

Maybe a Monsters ride? Maybe a ride from the new Pixar Cars movie? Any guesses?

shmmrname

On other posts I have gathered that it may be a long while before uses for this area are explored. For now it really isn't that much of a ghastly sight.

PhilharMagician

There is not much that you could do with the building. It is small and not design to house any rides. It is basically an open loading zone. Now I would assume the only reason that it hasn't been torn down is because it has the only bathrooms on that side of TL, and those bathrooms are very busy with the large crowds going in and out of SM. Now if COP's fate rumor is correct then maybe we will see bathrooms added to that and then they would have the ability to remove the old Skyway building.

magicstar01

I think disney will bring something similar back, some quick transport relaxing thinggy lol Have to be safer lol, miss the old skyway used to love riding it and seeing the park! loved the loading bay behind the HM! I think it will probs be tied in with something probs pixar or something we all know its going to happen lol

TheDisneyMagic

The Cable Carts were still in there as of last month, the door was open at the top rear of the building and I could see directly in, there were a number of the buckets beting stored in there from the old attraction and I could also see mountains of cable and other things up there.

TheDisneyMagic

magicstar01 said:
I think disney will bring something similar back, some quick transport relaxing thinggy lol Have to be safer lol, miss the old skyway used to love riding it and seeing the park! loved the loading bay behind the HM! I think it will probs be tied in with something probs pixar or something we all know its going to happen lol
Maybe we could have the TTA extended and go over to that building aswell, they could set up some scenes inside the building. Just an idea.

magicstar01

that would be cool but i dont think disney likes carrying themes accross lands and it the TTA might look a bit weird in fantasy land, but im sure they got something in mind, MR Lasseter will sort it out for us!

TarzanRocked99-

The only reason it has not been removed is because of the volume of guests in and out of that restroom. Taking it away would be a nightmare. Now if they could just add new restrooms on that side of Tomorrowland... Adios old skyway building!!!!

magicstar01

It would open up loads of space! could be anything if they relocate the restrooms but will they/ won't they? its going to take a while i think!:king:

mlshaver1896

They could put it back up with enclosed cars like the ones at the ski slopes in Aspen.
Are the cable supports still in place? What about the motors and components, are they still in the buildings?

TheDisneyMagic

magicstar01 said:
that would be cool but i dont think disney likes carrying themes accross lands and it the TTA might look a bit weird in fantasy land, but im sure they got something in mind, MR Lasseter will sort it out for us!
Nono, not into the Fantasyland building, I am talking about the Tomorrowland Skyway building.

TheDisneyMagic

mlshaver1896 said:
They could put it back up with enclosed cars like the ones at the ski slopes in Aspen.
Are the cable supports still in place? What about the motors and components, are they still in the buildings?
No, the cable supports were all removed both from the two pavillions and between the two lands. I don't think they will bring them back though because some of the views guests could get were of back stage areas which we all class as Bad Show.

magicstar01

jddjcfc said:
Nono, not into the Fantasyland building, I am talking about the Tomorrowland Skyway building.

ooops see what ya mean now! anyone seen any imagineers floating around thats alaways a good sign? if their closing timekeeper and at some point thinking of replacing it they might do a total rehab of the area including like facades and stuff, i suppose a kind of modernisation rebranding! At some point SM needs rehab to its lost a bit of its glow to be honest one of the other disneylands has a monorail sation around that area to so you never know? if only someone knew someone who could tell us some info because its a long time comeing!:king:

bigben1992

ahh a idea yes a good one

what if going to the diffrent lands if the tta was to other lands i had lind of a change like the out side like if the cover ing could be token off and then put it on for anther one cause i think that would work like where the old sky way buildins are it could change there

TarzanRocked99-

Entertainment has been eyeing the old Fantasyland Skyway building for a while for a meet and greet with Tinkerbell. The plan was to do it similar to Figments Place over at Epcot, but to them the Que to make it look like you were getting smaller and smaller till you were Tink's size and it would make sense why she was so big( she hasn't grown you had just shrunk) anyway the pacement there would fit because of the proximity to Peter Pans Flight, and Fantasyland already has a very popular meet and greet based attraction at Ariels Grotto.

TarzanRocked99-

The space is not all that Big, and there is not too much room behind the building as HM backs up right behind it. The front portion has already been transformed into the Fantasyland stroller parking lot, so you really just have the old que left to wind up to the meet and greet and then wind back down. Alot smaller area than Ariels Grotto takes up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom