Tomorrowland Should Become a Branson/Bezos/Musk Competition Zone

Rich T

Original Poster
Today was so wonderfully Scrooge McDuck, and the beginning of a new era in Spaceflight.

This is the answer to the Tomorrowland problem: Turn it into a three-way competive mock spaceport for Branson, Bezos and Musk. Give each a plot of land and let them design and fund their own terminals/pavilions to compete for customers in an atmosphere of good-natured rivalry and gentle mud-slinging, with kiosks for the wealthy (current Disney’s dream guests) to actually purchase a ticket on a future flight.

Round it out with more whimsical attractions featuring fictional competing companies (Space Mtn. getting a light intro overlay).

fctiger

Today was so wonderfully Scrooge McDuck, and the beginning of a new era in Spaceflight.

This is the answer to the Tomorrowland problem: Turn it into a three-way competive mock spaceport for Branson, Bezos and Musk. Give each a plot of land and let them design and fund their own terminals/pavilions to compete for customers in an atmosphere of good-natured rivalry and gentle mud-slinging, with kiosks for the wealthy (current Disney’s dream guests) to actually purchase a ticket on a future flight.

Round it out with more whimsical attractions featuring fictional competing companies (Space Mtn. getting a light intro overlay).
Tony Stark, certainly the coolest billionaire, beat them all to space years ago and already has set up a new tech areas inside several Disney parks!

And he has cooler tech to boot! 🤣

ParkPeeker

I mean, I get the excitement for futurism and all, but I would not be interested in a Muskian/Bezos/billionaire Tomorrowland, nope. Just big nope for me.

Rich T

Original Poster
Tony Stark, certainly the coolest billionaire, beat them all to space years ago and already has set up a new tech areas inside several Disney parks!

And he has cooler tech to boot! 🤣
Yeah, but he’s not real. And he’s dead.

Rich T

Original Poster
They can make cool stuff without Disney getting money to showcase it.

Why would they want to showcase their tech in Disney's 1950s Buzz Lightyear Star Wars area?
Free Mickey Bars.

But, seriously, even without them, this is the answer to Tomorrowland: Don’t try to predict tomorrow; focus on the cutting edge paths that can take us there.

Rich T

Original Poster
I mean, I get the excitement for futurism and all, but I would not be interested in a Muskian/Bezos/billionaire Tomorrowland, nope. Just big nope for me.
I can empathize with that view, but... A Scrooge/Glomgold-ish space race would be more Tomorrowland-appropriate than Buzz, Nemo and edible landscaping.

fctiger

Yeah, but he’s not real. And he’s dead.

Not in the MTPU he isn't (Marvel theme park universe) and alive and well. And why there is already not one, soon to be two attractions starring him in Paris and Hong Kong. He's also referenced in AC by Spider-Man in the present.

Rich T

Original Poster
Not in the MTPU he isn't (Marvel theme park universe) and alive and well. And why there is already not one, soon to be two attractions starring him in Paris and Hong Kong. He's also referenced in AC by Spider-Man in the present.
Yeah, that’s wonderful (although MTPU is a silly term: It’s basically rich executives making decisions based on how many toys they think they can sell). But make-believe superheroes are not what Tomorrowland is supposed to be about.

fctiger

Yeah, that’s wonderful (although MTPU is a silly term: It’s basically rich executives making decisions based on how many toys they think they can sell). But make-believe superheroes are not what Tomorrowland is supposed to be about.
I was talking about Avengers Campus which is basically the TL of DCA now, or at least how they describe it. Again, I was joking of course but yeah Tony Stark will probably be the closest we get to your idea. But then again, it would get Disney the Amazon and Virgin IPs I'm sure every fan is craving for. ;D

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Disney put High School Musical in the Tomorrowland Theatre, and a merchandise store in the Mainstreet Cinema.

I feel like they'd replace Space Mountain with a Coco ride before doing anything as remotely smart as inviting some space geniuses to collaborate with for Tomorrowland lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom