Tomorrowland new entrance

SuddenStorm

Okay here goes....

This is in town square on the Disneyana side-

Here's the old and new brick from the lowered curb in front of Disney showcase (opposite side of Emporium)

Here's in front of Plaza Inn

Old brick between TL entrance and Plaza...

TL side of Hub-

Recently revealed New brick in front of TL-

Where new brick meets that old brick in front of path to Matterhorn-

mickEblu

Okay here goes....

This is in town square on the Disneyana side-

View attachment 411025

Here's the old and new brick from the lowered curb in front of Disney showcase (opposite side of Emporium)

View attachment 411026
View attachment 411027

Here's in front of Plaza Inn

View attachment 411028

Old brick between TL entrance and Plaza...

View attachment 411029

TL side of Hub-
View attachment 411030

Recently revealed New brick in front of TL-

View attachment 411031

Where new brick meets that old brick in front of path to Matterhorn-

View attachment 411032

The Lords Work

mickEblu

The marquee is giving me Shanghai TL vibes. Bravo. I'm happy to see the corny steam punk/Buck Rogers TL style being dismantled in favor of this sleek mid-century look.

I don’t hate it but it doesn’t really do anything for me. Those bases look like they belong in Toontown though.

D

Deleted member 107043

I don’t hate it but it doesn’t really do anything for me. Those bases look like they belong in Toontown though.

That's fair, but I was mostly comparing it to the previous version.

Tomorrowland-0138b.jpg

The new iteration is reminiscent of classic Tomorrowland icons like Space Mountain, which I prefer. I'm hopeful they won't stop at the entrance and give the rest of the area a top to bottom redo. Apparently Disney no longer has the talent to design anything original or inspired for their Tomorrowlands, let alone keep them up-to-date, so leaning into Mid-Century Googie or the MCU is probably the safest bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

That's fair, but I was mostly comparing it to the previous version.

Tomorrowland-0138b.jpg

The new iteration is reminiscent of classic Tomorrowland icons like Space Mountain, which I prefer. I'm hopeful they won't stop at the entrance and give the rest of the area a top to bottom redo. Apparently Disney no longer has the talent to design anything original or inspired for their Tomorrowlands, let alone keep them up-to-date, so leaning into Mid-Century Googie or the MCU is probably the safest bet.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I think it’s (slightly) better too even if just a little too minimal. They re both no good to be honest. However, the old one at least has some character, even if it looks like a pile of junk.

D

Deleted member 107043

Oh gotcha. Yeah I think it’s (slightly) better too even if just a little too minimal. They re both no good to be honest. However, the old one at least has some character, even if it looks like a pile of junk.

Yeah, and TBH, it's kind of unnecessary. It's not like anyone needs a giant marquee announcing Tomorrowland with all of that visual storytelling going on beyond. It's like putting a sign in front of the castle that says "Fantasyland".

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom