Tomorrowland new entrance

Phroobar

Original Poster
Ive never noticed but you can’t miss these new ones in front of TL when you consider their size and location.
All kidding aside, there are three service dog relief areas in Disneyland. The first in to the right of IASW. It is gated and includes a fire hydrant and plenty of room to be off leash. The second is on Main Street near Pixie Hollow. The third is between the Haunted Mansion and Train Station. There is also one outside Disneyland near the Kennel Club. The People are asked to contact a CM for clean up afterwards.

peesign_orig.png

Chupaca Bruh

I loved the look of the rocks and the, the somewhat steampunck orbitor ride. I thought the juxtaposition with the plaza in was perfect. But it was a horrible roadblock. Now that they have cleared them out I love the open look and I love the plain grass. It makes the whole area more expansive looking. There is nothing wrong with large green grassy areas. Particularly in the hub.

Ismael Flores

View attachment 425031

View attachment 425032

View attachment 425033

I guess Disney can't afford hand rails anymore. Good grief.

i love it, reminds me of the old times when gardens didn't have rails. Of course that was the time when people had respect and didn't trample over the planters. Even with rails now i see people jumping over them over parents letting their children run inside them annnoying the ducks or tearing out the plants. I am glad that i have no problem telling them something about their behavior

Ismael Flores

what an odd design choice for the shapes and locations of the planters.
That oval planter has a light pole that is partially inside the planter on the northern side then on the southern side they have two poles right in the walking area.
Why not just design the planter to include all the light poles? It might be insignificant but it will make a difference during a crowded park day. If that walkway is packed from one side to the other once a person arrives to the areas of the pole/obstacle he/she will push right to continue walking forcing the people right of him to also move right or stop. now lets change the person to a stroller and now you are talking about an unnecessary bottle neck halfway thru the walkway.
To me that is something Caltrans would do to, widen a street for a block then keep it narrow for the next to blocks-it helps nothing

Last edited:

DanielBB8

The planters should go. Pavement should be at the entrance entirely especially since the whole area is very crowded during parades and fireworks. They should also remove the water fountain and Mermaid grotto. It's not easy to navigate the trails there. It would be a good space for new bathrooms.

Stevek

Well...it's signaling a change in direction due to the contrast with Dumbos Space Spinner:
disneyland-tomorrowland-entrance-concept-art.jpg
So know we know for sure that the grass plots were temporary. Like that they've used the spires similar to TL Terrace. Interesting color choices for the flowers...reminds me of the colors of the Tomorrowland Pins from the TL movie. Will be interested to see how it looks in person.

britain

I'm guessing the white planters are going to be that high in order to hide the mechanical building on the north side, recently exposed by the removal of the rocks.

I'm starting to think not much more walking space is going to be gained once this is all over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom