Tomorrowland new entrance

truecoat

Sounds terrible. I don’t trust that modern Disney would adapt Tron into Disneyland’s small footprint. I feel like it would be more or less a copy paste with a gigantic show building next to the Matterhorn/ on top of Autopia. Id welcome a Buzz overlay (but would also be good with an enhanced Buzz) and can live with a Star Tours overhaul/ overlay but I doubt it would end up better or have the longevity of what is there now. Also no mention of any sort of kinetic every for the land. Yeah I’m hoping this gets cancelled and revisited in a long time when the current regime is long gone. The entrance concept art tells me everything I need to know about this TL redo. Or at least what it was going to be before the end of the world struck in March.

Tron.jpg

mickEblu

That obviously looks terrible. I wonder how it would look at the back of TL though. If they made Launch bay the Troncket Rod building and possibly expanded the building a little bit into the Autopia loading area if needed. I wouldn’t green light this by any means because I wouldn’t trust modern Disney with the execution but I’m trying to envision if there is anyway (with good location and execution ) that a modified Tron ride that included a modified canopy and perhaps a smaller show building wouldn’t look terrible in Tomorrowland. Most of the ride would be outside on the rebuilt old people mover tracks so the show building wouldn’t have to be too big.

Miru

Another note on the flower beds... couldn’t they use that to grow some flowers in character patterns, or even add topiaries?

mickEblu

"Looks great. Here's hoping they do that."
- El Super, La-Z-Boy, Flotus etc

Hahaha at least LaZy Boy has been here for a long time posting about other topics. I also don’t think he’d say that’s great but would definitely give the imagineers a pass.

Those other two though. I think they exist for the sole purpose of talking about how Disneyland needs to stay closed. Just take a look at Vallarta’s posting history. That’s all he talks about it. It’s the only topic that stimulates him.

Magic Feather

That obviously looks terrible. I wonder how it would look at the back of TL though. If they made Launch bay the Troncket Rod building and possibly expanded the building a little bit into the Autopia loading area if needed. I wouldn’t green light this by any means because I wouldn’t trust modern Disney with the execution but I’m trying to envision if there is anyway (with good location and execution ) that a modified Tron ride that included a modified canopy and perhaps a smaller show building wouldn’t look terrible in Tomorrowland. Most of the ride would be outside on the rebuilt old people mover tracks so the show building wouldn’t have to be too big.
Tronket Rods with a station in the Innoventions building is the one thing that I really hope happens (even though I doubt it ever will haha). Imagine a brisk tour running opposite the direction of the original peoplemover path with banked turns and ending with a high speed finale portion over the lagoon/autopia.

britain

Tronket Rods with a station in the Innoventions building is the one thing that I really hope happens (even though I doubt it ever will haha). Imagine a brisk tour running opposite the direction of the original peoplemover path with banked turns and ending with a high speed finale portion over the lagoon/autopia.

I agree, the best way to incorporate it here would be to essentially have no show building, other than weaving throughout all the show buildings of the land. Tronket Rods indeed.

truecoat

If it's built on the Subs Autopia spot and they build it down on the subs lower level, maybe it won't stick out so much. This is the rough footprint of the Shanghai Tron put upon Disneyland so it should fit easily enough.

Tron footprint.jpg

mickEblu

If it's built on the Subs Autopia spot and they build it down on the subs lower level, maybe it won't stick out so much. This is the rough footprint of the Shanghai Tron put upon Disneyland so it should fit easily enough.

View attachment 507874

That still looks way too big. And we lose most of the lagoon, many trees and the nice vista / harmony with the Matterhorn for a box and a Canopy. If this attraction comes to DL, it needs to be heavily modified.

J4546

i figured if they put tron coaster in ca (which i hope they wouldnt) they would tear down the building with the darth vader meet in greet and put it there

TP2000

General Dynamics is still going strong. A place I worked at a few years back here in the Bay Area makes broadband microwave-frequency components and they are one of the company's larger clients.

They certainly are! I drive by their property in San Diego all the time, and the big factory near Lindbergh Field where they made the Convair 880's and 990's. Those were great planes to fly in back in the 60's and 70's.

I wish a company like General Dynamics would re-enter the civilian jet market again, just to put some pressure on Boeing. This whole Boeing vs. Airbus thing gets tiring as the only options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom