Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

D.Silentu

The only good thing here is that the Tron proposal may not have been clone.
The following is a facsimile of a post I made over a year ago, which seems to have vanished:

Does anyone remember the rumors of an alternate Tron ride that popped up briefly after the release of the sequel? The attraction was said to be entirely indoors so as to match the aesthetics of the film. Ride vehicles were supposedly an array of lightcycles, situated on a motion base. It would go along a track at a moderate speed, but the ace of the ride was the motion base's ability to make the lightcycles bank hard, fishtail, and perform a wheelie at different points to make it seem faster. To me, this sounds like a much more 'Disneyland' experience than the coaster that was built, which is too space intensive for the original park anyway.

mickEblu

The following is a facsimile of a post I made over a year ago, which seems to have vanished:

Does anyone remember the rumors of an alternate Tron ride that popped up briefly after the release of the sequel? The attraction was said to be entirely indoors so as to match the aesthetics of the film. Ride vehicles were supposedly an array of lightcycles, situated on a motion base. It would go along a track at a moderate speed, but the ace of the ride was the motion base's ability to make the lightcycles bank hard, fishtail, and perform a wheelie at different points to make it seem faster. To me, this sounds like a much more 'Disneyland' experience than the coaster that was built, which is too space intensive for the original park anyway.

I never heard of it but it sounds much better than than a clone of the coaster.

Would it be too much to ask Disney to remove the old People mover tracks and build new ones in their place? Convert the Launch bay into the show building and just make the Troncket Rods? That way there is no need to touch Subs or Autopia and you get some nice kinetic energy in Tomorrowland again. This sounds like just the type of thing that modern Disney has no interest in doing unfortunately. You know, the kind of stuff that separated them from the pack and made them who they are

Last edited:

D.Silentu

Since the reveal of the Galactic Starcruiser, I've been browsing for information about the actual hotel experience. A blurb from this youtube channel caught my attention from 6:40-7:07 :

If am taking the meaning of the video correctly, it is saying that Disney has developed a lung safe fog that they are to use for the purpose of illuminating laser beams. He then goes on to insinuate that the fog effect may eventually make its way to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. It is not indicated whether the latter claim is being reported or speculated, nor am I familiar with the reputation of the show's host.

However, it did remind me of the rumor that the Buzz Lightyear ride could be refurbished to match the look and content of Pixar's upcoming Lightyear movie. As I think the ride would truly benefit from an upgrade, this has me interested. I've always been surprised that the on ride lasers were unseen, while laser tag arenas from coast to coast have had visible beams for years. The visual dynamics of such an addition would certainly turn heads. Hopefully there is something behind all of these rumors, though I can't guage how seriously they should be considered.

Last edited:

waltography

Since the reveal of the Galactic Starcruiser, I've been browsing for information about the actual hotel experience. A blurb from this youtube channel caught my attention from 6:40-7:07 :

If am taking the meaning of the video correctly, it is saying that Disney has developed a lung safe fog that they are to use for the purpose of illuminating laser beams. He then goes on to vaguely insinuate that the fog effect may eventually make its way to Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. It is not indicated whether the latter claim is being reported or speculated, nor am I familiar with the reputation of the show's host.

However, it did remind me of the rumor that the Buzz Lightyear ride could be refurbished to match the look and content of Pixar's upcoming Lightyear movie. As I think the ride would truly benefit from an upgrade, this has me interested. I've always been surprised that the on ride lasers were unseen, while laser tag arenas from coast to coast have had visible beams for years. The visual dynamics of such an addition would certainly turn heads. Hopefully there is something behind all of these rumors, though I can't guage how seriously they should be considered.

No clue if the claims are true, but god I'd love for them to be. Astro Blasters is positively ancient at the parks; half the time I don't even know why my blaster isn't registering the targets and I have to physically hold my hand in front of the blaster to readjust/see the red beam.

Simon83079

Thought id bring this back a bit. Ol Iger been seen around the parks around Disneyland Tomorrowland too. Lots of looking and pointing. Hopefully the stalled overhaul maybe back on track!

truecoat

Tron alert! Tron alert!

Crash Tron GIF

CaptinEO

Thought id bring this back a bit. Ol Iger been seen around the parks around Disneyland Tomorrowland too. Lots of looking and pointing. Hopefully the stalled overhaul maybe back on track!
Must be personally finalizing those Lightyear Tommorowland destruction, I mean overhaul, plans.

Simon83079

Some actual work! Maybe just a basic paint job but it looks quite cool. Seeing them finally investing in Tomorrowland again is so satisfying. I hope they finally get those planters done. And maybe finally do the retheme astro orbitor and the old rocket jets need to fit with the rest of the land.
FnwRnaMaUAA_5vh.jpgFnwRnaMaYAAzuY1.jpg

Nland316

Some actual work! Maybe just a basic paint job but it looks quite cool. Seeing them finally investing in Tomorrowland again is so satisfying. I hope they finally get those planters done. And maybe finally do the retheme astro orbitor and the old rocket jets need to fit with the rest of the land.
View attachment 695662View attachment 695663
Peoplemover returning confirmed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom