Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

britain

INTERESTING THEORY TIME:
View attachment 448253
I believe with the current rethemeing we are seeing within Disneyland's tomorrowland and even Disney worlds (Although I dont believe they will redo Disney worlds astro orbitor because it could just have a small repaint it could fit with in the classic theme they are doing) I believe we may see Disneylands astro orbiter removed to make more room at the entrance and put back ontop of the peoplemover,
(However not the current astro orbiter as it would be too heavy which was the main reason it was put infront of the people mover tracks in the first place.)
I believe they could remove the old rocket jets ride which is now the old non functional observatron and place the recently removed Star jets from Tokyo Disneyland on top in its place. Perhaps with an updated central rocket design but the same ride none the less as the 1998 retheme of tomorrowland is clearly being done away with, It only makes sence to revert back to a theme that did and does work today as with what we are seeing happen today at both Tomorrowlands. As both are now going to a clean white scheme as to what we saw in the 60’s and 70’s, So having a gold astro orbitor at an already condenced entrance wouldnt make sence. However taking taking down the old observatron and placing star jets in its place is a touching tribute and would also work better with the theme aswell as the overall experience of the ride as you then have that feeling of being high in the air as opposed to only a few feet up off the ground like the current ride experience.

Excellent idea! And as Space X has shown, traditional rocketry is not dead.

Simon83079

Excellent idea! And as Space X has shown, traditional rocketry is not dead.
Oh Aye. The designs are very similar these days Maybe we could even get an old fashioned moon liner type thing but the SpaceX equivalent?
1581427320827.png

Nland316

I really don't understand how they can mess this up. Do they not check the orientation of the pieces? When they're put up and they notice it's upside down why don't they fix it? Do they not notice at all? It's so confusing to me how can they screw up something so simple.
I mean it is a pretty complex pattern when up close. Especially when you’re going through lots of them at once with small variation.
At least they’re being fixed as necessary.

smooch

I mean it is a pretty complex pattern when up close. Especially when you’re going through lots of them at once with small variation.
At least they’re being fixed as necessary.

Yeah I get that it can look weird up close and be confusing but do they not have anyone standing kinda far away watching if the pieces look correct in their position for the overall design?

britain

No news here, but I just thought I'd buy some doughnuts for everyone I mean hand out a dollop of nostalgia to everyone.

Wouldn't it be nice if good ol'Peoplemover came back, with its high-capacity, its all-ages inclusion, and its power to make guests feel like they got a good ride in while viewing TL environs and staying above the crowds?

Last edited:

CraftyFox

I’m glad to see Disney is looking to the past when reimagining the future. I definitely would prefer a more sleek mid century future, although not necessarily Atompunk, with fantasy elements over the weird mix of Steampunk and Science Fantasy they have right now. I think incorporating some more neon like in the Tron fan art could be an interesting choice that adds some liveliness and color to an otherwise quite stark white area.

Phroobar

I’m glad to see Disney is looking to the past when reimagining the future. I definitely would prefer a more sleek mid century future, although not necessarily Atompunk, with fantasy elements over the weird mix of Steampunk and Science Fantasy they have right now. I think incorporating some more neon like in the Tron fan art could be an interesting choice that adds some liveliness and color to an otherwise quite stark white area.
It's easier to copy from the past than create something brand new for the future.

Phroobar

Hopefully they go all the way and not just copy the cheaper Elements of TL 67 in the hopes we ll forget about the bigger stuff. Go all the way and bring back the peoplemover or something similar etc.
Maybe they can change the peoplemover into a roller coaster type ride? However they can't make it too thrilling so they should slow down the coaster around curves instead of banking them. They need to think about the children!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom