Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

MickeySoCal

Whatever changes they make, I think they need to keep the lagoon. There is a kinetic energy with it that adds a unique charm to the park. It would be really cool if they could utilize it in a new ride of sorts. The amazing thing about the Subs when they were first built is that there was no ride like it in the world.

Finding a way of using the lagoon and getting an underwater experience would be amazing. Sort of like if they had built Little Mermaid with actual water rather than projections and plastic.

socalifornian

Star Tours done as a immigration / defection ride would be pretty cool.
86444C0E-1CEA-465B-87D1-F4B4500E5F79.gif

lifeisgoodboy

Whatever changes they make, I think they need to keep the lagoon. There is a kinetic energy with it that adds a unique charm to the park. It would be really cool if they could utilize it in a new ride of sorts. The amazing thing about the Subs when they were first built is that there was no ride like it in the world.

Finding a way of using the lagoon and getting an underwater experience would be amazing. Sort of like if they had built Little Mermaid with actual water rather than projections and plastic.
I wish they bring this back:

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
After some speculation, I predict that Tomorrowland's overhaul announcement will be announced as the Walt Disney Company Secret Project panel this Thursday. But just my opinion. Maybe WDW's Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland will be included in this panel.

Captain Neo

After some speculation, I predict that Tomorrowland's overhaul announcement will be announced as the Walt Disney Company Secret Project panel this Thursday. But just my opinion. Maybe WDW's Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland will be included in this panel.

The secret project is nothing to do with theme parks or movies. It’s gonna be some dumb new initiative that everyone forgets about in five years.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I've created a thread to discuss the Super Secret Project specifically:

Captain Neo

So no one believes it's a new theme park in India?

No Jesus Christ. Why in the world would they build a theme park there?

Not only is it a third world country with huge social and economic problems, they have very little buying power, there culture is not one where they will spend $60+ on a theme park ticket, they are currently having major political tensions and concerns over instability. What ignoramus keeps pedaling this idea?

shambolicdefending

Im pretty certain that the richest segment of India is capable of spending more than enough to make a Disney theme park profitable. And, in a country with their population, it doesn't take a very high percentage of "rich" to make an extremely attractive consumer market. It's not all that different from China in that regard.

Not to mention all of the dirt cheap labor and low overhead.

I'm not expecting an imminent announcement, but an India Disneyland makes a ton of economic sense, IMO, and probably will happen sooner than later.

denyuntilcaught

Not only is it a third world country with huge social and economic problems, they have very little buying power, there culture is not one where they will spend $60+ on a theme park ticket, they are currently having major political tensions and concerns over instability. What ignoramus keeps pedaling this idea?

"Al Lutz."

choco choco

Is this the Ugly American part of the thread? I think this is the Ugly American part of the thread.

As probably one of the only people here who has actually been to Mumbai: Yes, I think it could support one measly Disney park. Bollywood has a sizable amount of entertainment know-how, so the artistic potential is certainly there, and there's absolutely enough of the moneyed types who have high standards to expect a Disney park to thrive in that environment.

In any event, an India park is probably at least fifteen years away, by which point India may be a very different place. India is the future. Not for nothing are Amazon and Walmart expanding rapidly there, and going to war for control of the place. It's the last great frontier. Makes sense that Disney would try to open it up along with all the other American corporations.

Mumbai was lovely, by the way. A vibrant jumble of a city and I loved visiting there and everyone here should too.

Travel Junkie

Is this the Ugly American part of the thread? I think this is the Ugly American part of the thread.

As probably one of the only people here who has actually been to Mumbai: Yes, I think it could support one measly Disney park. Bollywood has a sizable amount of entertainment know-how, so the artistic potential is certainly there, and there's absolutely enough of the moneyed types who have high standards to expect a Disney park to thrive in that environment.

In any event, an India park is probably at least fifteen years away, by which point India may be a very different place. India is the future. Not for nothing are Amazon and Walmart expanding rapidly there, and going to war for control of the place. It's the last great frontier. Makes sense that Disney would try to open it up along with all the other American corporations.

Mumbai was lovely, by the way. A vibrant jumble of a city and I loved visiting there and everyone here should too.

I think India is a bit closer, but if Disney is barely looking at the feasibility and potential sites, we are at least a decade from opening.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything else. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” - Mark Twain

truecoat

India is poised to become the 5th biggest economy this year and growing. It will overtake China in population within 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom