deleted

George Lucas on a Bench

Of course you think this discussion is going no where because you can’t acknowledge reality. Why would SpaceX waste valuable funds in a Disney attraction for advertising when there is absolutely no need to advertise their services this way? Disney is rolling in dough regardless and it’s time to let Disney fully fund their own attractions without compromising to satisfy a corporate message from the sponsorship.

With a $0 Ad Budget, Tesla Just Pulled Off One of the Greatest Marketing Stunts Ever. Hitching a ride with SpaceX, it becomes the first car in orbit”

SpaceX spent $500 million to launch a new rocket. It’s rather ridiculous to think that any of this money will go to a mere Disney attraction.

So keep saying this elusive corporate sponsorship exists when even the Norway government abandoned their own pavilion and the private company soldout at a loss. Here’s the story.

NorShow sold back its interest in the pavilion to Disney in 1992 for $26 million, a loss of more than $8 million on its initial investment of close to $34 million. The Norwegian government continued to support the pavilion for a five-year term from 1992-1997 with a contribution of $200,000 a year because they felt it was a good promotional tool.

They renewed again for an additional five-year term, but finally decided in 2002 to drop all financial support against the strong recommendations of their American embassy, feeling they were not receiving the same tourism benefits from having the pavilion at Walt Disney World.

Disney did make repeated attempts, even offering the opportunity to have Norway update the pavilion for a mere $9 million and contacting groups like American Norwegian Chamber of Commerce and the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise for continued support from Norway, but to no avail.”

That’s why Frozen went into Maelstrom.

I don't blame any of the nations for not wanting involvement with those silly Epcot exhibits. Mexico was probably the worst with that boat ride showing a cliff diver on a TV screen and bootleg It's a Small World After All ending that was like something from a David Lynch movie. The Donald Duck version doesn't fare any better. Maelstrom was weirdness in maximum overdrive. While guilty pleasures, both were horrible representations of their respective countries.

SuddenStorm

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney rebrands Tomorrowland as Discoveryland at some point. Not necessarily the same design as Paris, but basically a catch all area for stuff that wouldn't really fit in any other area of the park.

Iterations of this idea have floated around the company for decades.

This is what they halfheartedly did in 1998.

Also worth mentioning the Discovery Bay concept developed by WDI a few decades ago.

SuddenStorm

I wish they’ll at least consider retheming Buzz & Star Tours to Ant-Man & The Wasp: Nano Battle & Iron Man Experience it couldn’t hurt to spread marvel into both parks plus it’ll be quick to build & pull people away from Galaxy’s Edge

How would Ant Man and Iron Man be integrated into Disneyland in a way that feels organic and not forced? How would the attractions expand the mythology of the park and strengthen the product as a whole?

Why are we wanting quick to build attractions?

SuddenStorm

Dear Santa,

Please fix Tomorrowland

From, Everyone

Dear Santa,

Please have Disney hire Imagineers that are of the same calibur as the original WED designers or the second gen designers that created the park we know and love today.

And then please have management that will allow the creatives to build us a land that both pays homage and respects what was there before, but also improves on it enough to make it so we don't miss it (think New Fantasyland).

Please ensure that any land redo doesn't overdo it with the meta and self referential Instagram humor but instead appeals to fans of all ages.

BrianLo

How would Ant Man and Iron Man be integrated into Disneyland in a way that feels organic and not forced? How would the attractions expand the mythology of the park and strengthen the product as a whole?

Why are we wanting quick to build attractions?

I think they are referencing Hong Kong. The product is already readily available to judge.

George Lucas on a Bench

I see no reason to overhaul Tomorrowland. It has many popular things such as Space Mountain, the laser tag ride, the bumper cars and the underwater ride. Usually, the area is packed with people and the lines are long.

SuddenStorm

I may be wrong, but I've always felt as though Tomorrowland is always crowded because of its layout. If they opened it up a bit and got rid of the intrusive PeopleMover tracks, I think it would be a lot better.

They removed most of the planters at the base of the pm tracks, so they arent overly intrusive. A few support columns, but those take minimal space.

I think it's just a popular land with quite a few popular attractions both at it's entrance, and the very back.

SuddenStorm

We are kind of getting one over the next few years. It's not going to be major work that involves closing the land temporarily, but instead the decor throughout is shifting to look more like it did in the 70s. The new Laugh Floor sign is just a taste of what we're going to see between now and 2021. Plus don't forget Tron and whatever replaces Stitch.

This is the Disneyland forum, not wdw.

Wrong Tomorrowland.

Ismael Flores

I see no reason to overhaul Tomorrowland. It has many popular things such as Space Mountain, the laser tag ride, the bumper cars and the underwater ride. Usually, the area is packed with people and the lines are long.
because the biggest wasted pieces of land in the whole park resides in Tomorrowland.

The huge inniventions building that uses more land than what it offers is one. The building needs to be demolished and it would open up a bigger parcel of land than what is used for now. only a very small piece of the structure is used and you also have the old rocket rod maintenance bay as well as some surrounding structures. it would definitely help pull crowds if a couple new overlapping attractiins where built there.

the other large area is Autopia which in my opinion uses more land than it requires. If they see the need to keep it then maybe they should redesign it so that they can integrate a show building for another ride even if its an attraction like Tron. the one is florida seems to be designed so that the coaster overlaps the autopia area a bit

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom