Tomorrowland Overhaul Speculation

BrianLo

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You mean wouldn’t?

I’m just saying it’s still going fast and you have the lights etc. I get that it wouldnt be quite as thrilling but maybe they step up the show scenes.
Have you seen videos of Tron? There isn’t much show scenes to speak of anyways. So why would it be any different just because of a modified track layout specific to DL?

BrianLo

I’m assuming the vehicles would be the same?

Scott Drake is the guy beside Iger. The ONLY way I can make sense of this odd-ball rumour ties into Scott Drake now being the Marvel portfolio head.

The Avengers E-ticket we know has had issues (Tron really hasn't) and he basically proposed repurposing the attraction he helped design (Tron) to the new Avengers ride.

So either Tron is coming to tomorrowland (with the same ride system in Shanghai) or the system was stolen for Avengers, but not both.

HOWEVER, perhaps the concepts are still competing for funding and this is where the confusion is coming from. Not unheard of.

All of which is to say, I don't expect Tron looking anything like Rocket Rods. It will look like Shanghai's Tron if it happens. Except modified (I sure hope they change the load, which invokes Disneyland Space Mountain load way too much to sit beside it).

mickEblu

Have you seen videos of Tron? There isn’t much show scenes to speak of anyways. So why would it be any different just because of a modified track layout specific to DL?

Yes, that’s why I’m saying they can be easily upgrade for DL to maybe make up for having less thrill

mickEblu

Scott Drake is the guy beside Iger. The ONLY way I can make sense of this odd-ball rumour ties into Scott Drake now being the Marvel portfolio head.

The Avengers E-ticket we know has had issues (Tron really hasn't) and he basically proposed repurposing the attraction he helped design (Tron) to the new Avengers ride.

So either Tron is coming to tomorrowland (with the same ride system in Shanghai) or the system was stolen for Avengers, but not both.

HOWEVER, perhaps the concepts are still competing for funding and this is where the confusion is coming from. Not unheard of.

All of which is to say, I don't expect Tron looking anything like Rocket Rods. It will look like Shanghai's Tron if it happens. Except modified (I sure hope they change the load, which invokes Disneyland Space Mountain load way too much to sit beside it).

When I think Rocket Rods I’m thinking elevated tracks going through most TL. Never thought that ride vehicles in Tron skin were coming back or even necessarily the same ride system.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When I think Rocket Rods I’m thinking elevated tracks going through most TL. Never thought that ride vehicles in Tron skin were coming back or even necessarily the same ride system.
So then we shouldn't be comparing it to Rocket Rods then, and compare it to what it really is, modified Tron coaster. Any thrill coaster is going to have elevated tracks.

mickEblu

So then we shouldn't be comparing it to Rocket Rods then, and compare it to what it really is, modified Tron coaster. Any thrill coaster is going to have elevated tracks.

If it’s on elevated tracks weaving through TL it’s going to be compared to the Rocket Rods. I just don’t want to see exposed coaster track running through the land. Not sure if this is possible but if it is indeed a coaster I’d like for the tracks to be embedded in a platform (like Rocket Rods) somehow. But then is it still a coaster?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If it’s on elevated tracks weaving through TL it’s going to be compared to the Rocket Rods. I just don’t want to see exposed coaster track running through the land. Not sure if this is possible but if it is indeed a coaster I’d like for the tracks to be embedded in a platform (like Rocket Rods) somehow. But then is it still a coaster?
I don’t know how exactly it can be on a platform with the steep banking that Tron does. But if they can manage it so the track isn’t exposed then a platform itself shouldn’t matter.

Also I don’t see it being compared to Rocket Rods if it’s a coaster at all.

mickEblu

I don’t know how exactly it can be on a platform with the steep banking that Tron does. But if they can manage it so the track isn’t exposed then a platform itself shouldn’t matter.

Also I don’t see it being compared to Rocket Rods if it’s a coaster at all.

Well maybe the banking won’t be so steep. If it’s weaving through the land I don’t see much of that happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom