Tomorrowland needs a paint job!

ohioguy

Original Poster
Just returned from visiitng the World last week...

first things first, since I spent a ton of time in the Magic Kingdom...
Tomorrowland needs some fresh paint! The back bathroom area was atrocious, and there is peeling paint all over the PeopleMover ride.

Quite frankly, Tomorrowland continues to look dated (whatever happened to the complete revival plans?) Its 70-ish look really sticks out like a sore thumb....

Just returned from visiitng the World last week...

first things first, since I spent a ton of time in the Magic Kingdom...
Tomorrowland needs some fresh paint! The back bathroom area was atrocious, and there is peeling paint all over the PeopleMover ride.

Quite frankly, Tomorrowland continues to look dated (whatever happened to the complete revival plans?) Its 70-ish look really sticks out like a sore thumb....

AMEN....I noticed the same things in March. The bathrooms by Space Mountain are a mess, and the whole area needed a coat of paint.

primetime52

Yeah I agree. It's getting to the point where I feel like I'm using sarcasm whenever I call it "Tomorrowland." I don't know how long it will be before they re design and renovate all of the Tomorrowland facades again. The last time they did it was in the mid nineties, and it seemed like that was the first major renovation in TL in at least 15 years when it happened.

They are in the process of repainting Tomorrwland as we speak. They have already finisghed post of the popel emove track around Monsters, Buzz and stitch, as well as the underside of the central rocket tower

MiduraMagic4

The whole park is getting old and dated and needs a facelift in general. There a lot of areas around MK not Just TL that need paint and maitenence

Since1976

Tomorrowland as it exists today is *supposed* to look retro (20s, 30s). Prior to the 90's refurb, the land looked like a 70s motel rather than any thing futuristic (the original intent). The current scheme was developed with the idea that it would never get outdated. I personally think it's a terrific land, and they should not change anything.

Lee

Adventurer
Welll.....the New Tomorrowland is great...what there is of it. For some reason it stops once you get about halfway in. Avenue of the Planets is great, Astro Orbitor is fine...but once you get past the cool metal palm trees near Space Mountain....whooosh...back to the old stuff.

Honestly...would it kill them to see the theme all the way through? Hey, I'll even chip in for a lighting package for Space Mountain's exterior.

beachclubbasics

AMEN....I noticed the same things in March. The bathrooms by Space Mountain are a mess, and the whole area needed a coat of paint.
The restrooms by Tommorowland Noodle Terrace...don't even go there....need paint and were filthy ( to the point of being a health hazard). I guess that these are not monitored as much as they should be because of the seasonal operating schidule of the restaurant?

beachclubbasics

Tomorrowland as it exists today is *supposed* to look retro (20s, 30s). Prior to the 90's refurb, the land looked like a 70s motel rather than any thing futuristic (the original intent). The current scheme was developed with the idea that it would never get outdated. I personally think it's a terrific land, and they should not change anything.

Thinking about it, there is something very "Metropolis" or "Flash Gordon" looking about TL.

Lee

Adventurer
Yes! It's actually there though...in some capacity. They use it during the Halloween party. If that's what you are refering to that is.

Yeah. That's the one.
You know what keeps them from using it...from projecting cool colors and flashing lights on the sides of the mountain? Nothing. Pathetic.

DisneyDellsDude

I really do wish that they would light up SM at night. I've seen pictures from the Halloween Party, and it looks really cool. Maybe for regular nights they shouldn't do the rainbow light scheme, but I'm sure they could easily do something else that would be neat.

Heatherbell

I would notice a dirty bathroom (which by the way is GROSS) however it is so funny when I read threads about paint chips and things not working or being out of place. I go to Disney usually every year and I never notice these things. I am so in awe and so mesmerized not to mention ridiculously happy that I am there that I am completely oblivious. LOL.

lilclerk

Yeah. That's the one.
You know what keeps them from using it...from projecting cool colors and flashing lights on the sides of the mountain? Nothing. Pathetic.

I know it's sad, but that made me laugh.

But I agree, I love the retro theming... it would be nice if they, like, finished it though.

Hummer1676

I agree with Lee, they need to finish out the refurb. It looks like they just stopped for no reason. I would love to see some TLC Given to Space mountin. Tie in some of the rock outcroppings. Put the lighting package on. Do something to make it stand out more. Its really hidden behind everything. You don't even see it when you walk down tomorrowland boulevard.

EPCOT Explorer

Welll.....the New Tomorrowland is great...what there is of it. For some reason it stops once you get about halfway in. Avenue of the Planets is great, Astro Orbitor is fine...but once you get past the cool metal palm trees near Space Mountain....whooosh...back to the old stuff.
Same here to both of these...I think it's the Raceway,that kills it for me BTW
I would notice a dirty bathroom (which by the way is GROSS) however it is so funny when I read threads about paint chips and things not working or being out of place. I go to Disney usually every year and I never notice these things. I am so in awe and so mesmerized not to mention ridiculously happy that I am there that I am completely oblivious. LOL.

Yeah,when I'm in WDW I can never find something negative in a place so great.Long lines don't even bother me!Lighten up people!:wave:

nibblesandbits

I'm actually with you too. Only occasionally do I notice something is peeling or in a state of disrepair. I'm usually too busy having so much fun, I just don't look for those things.

mgraef

I am in the same boat where I must overlook the short comings, and if I get critical I just need to make a trip to an other amusement park and that brings me back to appreciating all that is WDW and DL.

We have a certain park that was a six flags in Denver that is now independent and they removed all the Loony Tunes figures from the kid rides. You can still see Porky's silluete unfaded in contrast to the faded part of a painted wall.

My son also asked me where the characters were and I had to tell them that they were on lunch break (for the day).

Sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom