News Tomorrowland love

GymLeaderPhil

The cost of duplicating Hong Kong’s electric fleet anew or the cost of porting it over after it closed?
Both retrofitting into the existing vehicle or creating a new fleet specific for the Speedway. As well as the many back of house additions/modifications they would have needed to make to accommodate charging as well as maintenance.

Bocabear

I still think they should replace the speedway with aquatopia...

have more elements where you could get a little wet and it makes an alright water ride on a super hot day.

Aquatopia is adorable...but what IP could they tie into it? and what plush could they sell?
Aquatopia would be a very cute and fun addition to The Seas pavilion...but would not work with the Moana Splash zone thing...

tparris

Aquatopia is adorable...but what IP could they tie into it? and what plush could they sell?
Aquatopia would be a very cute and fun addition to The Seas pavilion...but would not work with the Moana Splash zone thing...
Just have a thin layer of water covering the pathways in the Moana trail, put a few Aquatopia vehicles there, and boom, it’s Aquatopia except you hit pedestrians instead of other boats. Plus, that would give EPCOT a new ride and some bonus lawsuits to boot!

RSoxNo1

I still think they should replace the speedway with aquatopia...

But have more elements where you could get a little wet and it makes an alright water ride on a super hot day.

I'm all for Aquatopia, but that would only take up a third of the footprint at most.

In an armchair Imagineering session on my podcast I suggested an Aquatopia attraction as a replacement for the jumping water fountains outside Imagination. Instead, the Aquatopia vehicles would have guests seated back to back in 4 person vehicles with high backs. At the top of the vehicles there would be reservoirs where water could jump from vehicle to vehicle and/or from vehicle to stationary fountain landing spot.

owlsandcoffee

It's a real shame, because the Speedway was the only ride in tomorrowland on opening day. But looking at the relatively small footprint it takes up, you have to wonder if there are better ways to use it.

The Rocketeer

The problem is what do you put in place of the speedway? Now that Tron is where it is I don't know if you have enough room for something other than an outdoor rollercoaster or a couple of flat rides

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom