News Tomorrowland love

Magic Feather

Is it true that MILF was meant to be easily convertible back to Circlevision? If so I could imagine Disney doing a quick and dirty conversion and do a 50th nostalgia thing by having America the Beautiful in there.
It was! Unfortunately, I don't really see that happening. Unless Circlevision 2.0 in China proves to be way more popular than anyone is expecting. That said, CircleVision is generally something considered to be on the way out, not in.

lazyboy97o

A Welcome to Tomorrowland event, tentative plans to use the MILF space?

My guess is an AP exclusive pop-up store with temporary 'Goodbye Forever PeopleMover' merchandise.
Maybe there could be a small exhibit explaining how "Disney is a business" and therefore the world's most visited theme park must have abandoned and underutilized guest space from when it was intended to host far fewer people.

The Empress Lilly

Maybe there could be a small exhibit explaining how "Disney is a business" and therefore the world's most visited theme park must have abandoned and underutilized guest space from when it was intended to host far fewer people.
Yes but now that the MK at 20m attracts double the 10m it was designed for Disney employees can't manage all these people so must reduce space so they can.

TL is much better with two attractions closed (Mission/Stitch, Skyway), one ride reduced in half (Speedway), one theater converted into management parking space, and one QS restaurant converted into a private event space. I especially love that last one, it offers to my family an opportunity to buy for $500 a temporary relief from the oppressive crowds created by converting public spaced into upcharge ones. We need that rest from all our instagrammable 'pretending to be happy' moments we shot at painted walls that former fountain, tree and bench spaces have been converted into!

Bocabear

Perhaps this “Welcome to Tomorrowland” will be some sort of exhibit for the rumored “thing” going into either MILF or SGE for the 50th?
It seems too late to actually do anything substantial for the 50th in Tomorrowland... The smallest addition or attraction takes more than 2 years of construction... And while I appreciate adding to Disney's Hollywood Studios after shuttering most of it's attractions and letting it languish until they absolutely HAD to do something with it, seems like they are forgetting their flagship park in it's 50th year... Knowing that Tron will not open until after the anniversary, what actually are they doing to the Magic Kingdom for the 50th? ok Cupcake parties are a given. and merchandise... But what a bust the 50th is going to be!

The Empress Lilly

It seems too late to actually do anything substantial for the 50th in Tomorrowland... The smallest addition or attraction takes more than 2 years of construction... And while I appreciate adding to Disney's Hollywood Studios after shuttering most of it's attractions and letting it languish until they absolutely HAD to do something with it, seems like they are forgetting their flagship park in it's 50th year... Knowing that Tron will not open until after the anniversary, what actually are they doing to the Magic Kingdom for the 50th? ok Cupcake parties are a given. and merchandise... But what a bust the 50th is going to be!
Well for once I can forgive WDW for not celebrating. (Not that anything special was planned sans covid)

Tron is looming large on the horizon. I can ascribe to the strategy of foregoing the 50th for a 'welcome back' campaign featuring Tron, Rat, Guardians. WDW will need to re-find an audience rather than have a temporary campaign to lure repeat visitors.

Sir_Cliff

Well for once I can forgive WDW for not celebrating. (Not that anything special was planned sans covid)

Tron is looming large on the horizon. I can ascribe to the strategy of foregoing the 50th for a 'welcome back' campaign featuring Tron, Rat, Guardians. WDW will need to re-find an audience rather than have a temporary campaign to lure repeat visitors.
I feel pretty much the same way. It's hard to know where we'll all be by next October, but it kind of doesn't feel the time to be planning a big splashy anniversary campaign right now. A "welcome back" campaign when things start getting back to normal does sound a good direction, and I'm sure they'll stick a "For fifty years..." somewhere in those ads!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom