News Tomorrowland love

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They didn't backfill or paint the retaining walls?! I'm sorry, but that looks like @ss. 🙄

Would filling them in defeat the purpose of them retaining water, or, at least, prevent a wash out from a flow down the banks?

Actually, that alone would probably cause them to fill in over time.

BoarderPhreak

Would filling them in defeat the purpose of them retaining water, or, at least, prevent a wash out from a flow down the banks?

Actually, that alone would probably cause them to fill in over time.
You can bury them and they'd still function as intended, but sure - dirt would dislocate. It's not like they're holding back the surf though.

aladdin2007

For its first 2–3 decades, WDW had animal-shaped topiaries dotted throughout the entire property. I’d love to see those return.

there is an out of print table book called Gardens of Walt Disney World that showcased a lot of that. The place use to be beautiful with things like this! It actually sickens me to look at that book anymore as they have just massacred everything that was once nice and incredible.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
They didn't backfill or paint the retaining walls?! I'm sorry, but that looks like @ss. 🙄
No, but this does...

Monorail_Red_77

Hopefully those walls will be covered with simulated stone or something more decorative than concrete. Are they painted?
They are painted grey currently. Maybe they will change out some of the landscaping? Up near the tracks they still have some work to do. Though the track work still going on is holding that up.

Yes would be nice to see some topiaries. Like in the old days, or like the more modern color versions they use at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom