Tomorrow Land Improvements...

2bornot2be

Original Poster
While reading Allyaker3 thread I was thinking, What could be done to improve Tomorrow Land. I don't think it needs a major overhaul like Fantasy Land, but it needs some help for sure.

I would like to see
- All of the restaurants in Tomorrow land replaced and upgraded.
- Do something with the wasted space between COP and SM
- Add a Dark Ride (Not sure where to place it but the area need one)
- Replace Stitch (This in my opinion is the worst attraction in Disney, why even get a FP for it)

what do you think

JIMINYCR

Besides cleaning the area up, get a better color scheme, redo building facades to reflect modern architecture. Let the imagineers use their skills and revamp the entire area. Bring in only high tech rides, futuristic theming, lose the old speedway and replace with futuristic vehicles. Let imaginations run wild by bringing it all into focus to reflect time into the distant future. And please send Stitch to the the "Past Disney Rides" category.

AllyInWonderland

While reading Allyaker3 thread I was thinking, What could be done to improve Tomorrow Land. I don't think it needs a major overhaul like Fantasy Land, but it needs some help for sure.

I would like to see
- All of the restaurants in Tomorrow land replaced and upgraded.
- Do something with the wasted space between COP and SM
- Add a Dark Ride (Not sure where to place it but the area need one)
- Replace Stitch (This in my opinion is the worst attraction in Disney, why even get a FP for it)

what do you think
You forgot the B in my name! :p

Timekeeper

This is what I would do for Tomorrowland.

Make an entrance likes this.
tomorrowland+4.jpg

Redo the Tomorrowland Speedway to make it look something like this.
autocon.jpg

Updated Space Mountain and make this for the inside of Space Mountain
tomorrowland%252520concept%2525202.jpg

Put a fountain like this.
art9.jpg

Remove the arcade.
wdw_video_arcade.jpg

Build a small gift shop and use the rest of the space for a new ride. Maybe a Tron roller coaster? Hmmmmmm???
1d5ae800d8b0a8460166e0f8e7cfa874.jpg

Also, remove Stich and put in a updated ExtraTERRORestrial so there something for Teens except Space Mountain
stitchsgreatescape.jpg

Remove the Laugh Floor and replace it with some kind of UFO ride.
Alien%252520world.jpg

Make the Terrace an ACUTALLY restaurant again.
DSC09807.JPG

Remove all the clutter in front of Buzz.
P01-0001.JPG

Updated the People Mover with new audio and add new cars.
enclosed%252520Peoplemover%252520cars.jpg

Update COP with a newer ending and fix the AAs and remove the gear sign in fornt of it.
IMG_1222.JPG

For expansion they could add a Meet the Robsions ride
WDW%252520Tomorrowland.jpg

That's all I would do to Tomorrowland.

litaljohn

well Epcot is sort of the place for "true" future (at least it's supposed to be) so I would make tommorowland as retro crazy as possible. where we questioned what monsters live on mars and even our pets had jet packs. I wouldn't want to "copy" what they do at other kingdoms so I would hope for something unique, but again outlandishly improbable. I like the thought of the waterfalls we always see images of but I'd love to see something a step beyond water, either somehow create a
multi dementional laser waterfall effect, somehow create a lava effect for a waterfall perhaps. or even a hologram woul be interesting as an effect, purposely having it flicker drawing attention to the fact it's not real. (and environmentally everyone would throw a fit but if they could encase and close it off to the world a mercury waterfall would be epic)

or in a similar aspect it would be interesting to set the land as a sort of showroom or tommorrow, essentially the rides could be "exhibits" showcasing for instance space mountain as the travel of tommorow. buzz as the video game of tommorro and so on, inside make the rides whatever but for outward appearence set it up as part of one theme. ( if anyone is big into video games in my head in basicly thinking along the lines of bio shocks worlds fair spin, or nuketown 2025 in the latest call of duty)

also I think it goes without saying Disney should follow the path of bill and Ted where in the future wild stallions (sp?) are seen as gods and worshiped but we will replace the stallions with Bon Jovi

Disvillain63

Bring back the use of the theater between CoP and BLSRS; get rid of the dance parties that just block the walkways. Clean-up the place; the walkways look dirty, as if they haven't had a good pressure washing in years. Define the entrance/exit of FL to the entrance/exit of TL. I agree with many of the above...Stitch needs to go; Laugh Floor could be moved to DHS (Pixar Place)and use the space for a new attraction/ride; the arcade needs to go (there's one in every resort and DisneyQuest is available); bring back more TL-specific merchandise.

DisneyJunkie

I think the entire Stitch area needs to be reworked and turned into a dark ride of some sort.....NOTHING they've had in that spot has been any good (including Stitch). I think the Speedway needs to go altogether, or at the very least reworked into something space or future-themed. Perhaps change some of the inner-section parts of the TTA (area just before reaching Mickey's Star Traders or before getting to Buzz Lightyear, for instance).

Kirk88

TRON is a great fit for Tomorrowland. Don't know why it's been shown no love after all these years. The popularity has grown to new generations with Legacy and Uprising. With Walt's love of the future, it's a shame that Tomorrowland has kind of gone by the way side over the years. The People Mover could be a cool attraction again with minimal refurb.

Alexis

It doesn't really look "futuristic" anymore. Now that the times have changed with all the technology. I think Tomorrowland needs a serious makeover. I'd say it needed more of a makeover than Fantasyland! I spend the least amount of time in Tomorrowland. I think they need to add some character rides to fit the area. Wall-E, Meet the Robinsons maybe? Just so people can relate to the themed area alittle better. I think they could add an actual sit down eating area with full service and make the restaurant very geared towards futuristic. The speedway doesn't "go" with the Tomorrowland theme either. I'm not entirely sure what needs to be done with it, but I think it does need work! Hopefully they'll be on to doing something VERY soon!

MarkTwain

What I find sad about Tomorrowland is that the land was deliberately changed to a theme that would be easier to maintain and keep in theme... and yet Disney still can't keep the land consistent or in theme. Tomorrowland's problem isn't with outdated-ness, it's that Disney no longer cares what its true theme is (whether 1971, 1994 or otherwise) nor can they resist the opportunity to shoehorn their characters into any environment, regardless of how they would impact the feeling of the land.

Disney would probably have the same problems with Frontierland and Adventureland if they were to add irrelevant franchise-based attractions to them today.1994's wacky, 1930s-based vision of a comic book-style "future" shouldn't be any harder to accommodate than the jungles of Adventureland or the deserts of Frontierland, provided imagination is still alive in Imagineering, but the attractions they've added in the last 10 years have suggested otherwise.

rct247

Refurbish COP, Buzz, Astro, TTA, & Space. Removed Speedway & Stitch. Update Monsters & COP. Revert back to concept of 1994 theme cohesiveness. Refurbish & Update existing facades. Add more unique futuristic characters or entertainment (other than a dance party). Add new show in Stitch location. Add new e-ticket and new family dark ride in Speedway location. Redo Tomorrowland Terrace. Update Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Refurbish The Lunching Pad. Bring more exclusive Tomorrowland merchandise to Merchant of Venus while moving more generic park/resort merchandise to Mickey's Star Traders. Add Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom portals to Tomorrowland. Remove merchandise/food cart clutter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom